Windows 10: From W10 to W10 Creator(1703) can I delete Windows old and Windows10up

Discus and support From W10 to W10 Creator(1703) can I delete Windows old and Windows10up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading from w10 to w10 creator (1703) can I delete windows old and windows10upgrade folders? Of course after checking that everything works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by taber, Aug 21, 2017.

1. taber Win User

From W10 to W10 Creator(1703) can I delete Windows old and Windows10up

After upgrading from w10 to w10 creator (1703) can I delete windows old and windows10upgrade folders?
    Of course after checking that everything works well.
    Thank you very much

:)

taber, Aug 21, 2017
  2. Kaivey Win User

Shorter Version. Severe Latency Issues and W10 Undoes True image Back-ups and Rstores W10 to Its Faulty State

Hi Sher,

I see that W10 has the old Windows in a folder, does that mean I can recover my PC to the old state but still get the security updates and build 1703 at some stage? It's my software that I want to keep and how W10 worked without latency.

Kaivey, Aug 21, 2017
  3. HP Smart Array P410 RAID Controller stops working after Falls Creator Update (1709)

Hi all,

after the "falls creators update" my RAID controller HP Smart Array P410 stops working with the error message:

"device could not be startet (code10)"

I´ve tried to use the Windows Server 2012 R2 driver (62.28.0.64 C), which is provided on the HP homepage, as well as the build in from W10 without success.

The controller is running well in a parallel installation of Windows Server 2016 on the same HW and in the "old" W10 (1703).

Any ideas?

Thanks and greetings

Ulrich

UlrichWessendorf, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello taber, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You can safely delete the "Windows10Upgrade" folder since it only contains the left overs from the Windows 10 Update Assistant app.

*Arrow Delete Windows10Upgrade Folder in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

You can delete the "Windows.old" folder if you like, but if you do, you will no longer be able to go back to the previous version of Windows. If this is not a concern for you, then you can safely delete it.

*Arrow Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 21, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @taber

Yes, of course after you're sure all is OK. You have 10 days in which the option to go back to the pervious build is available, after that Windows.old will be deleted automatically anyway.

If you want to delete it sooner, then don't try to do it manually. It's better to use the windows tools to delete it, either Disk Cleanup or the Storage Settings. See this tutorial...

Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10

6. taber Win User
    Thank you very much for the complete answer. I think it is prudent to wait ten days.
    This forum is wonderful.
    Best regards

taber, Aug 21, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. From W10 to W10 Creator(1703) can I delete Windows old and Windows10up - Similar Threads - W10 W10 Creator

2. Old MB w/W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Old MB w/W10?: Hi all :) I have an old ASUS P6T w/an Intel Core i7 from 10 (?) years ago. I would like to install W10 (as opposed to 7). I went to the ASUS site, and looked at the MB, but it makes no mention of OS Does anyone know if I will be able to install and run W10 here? I did a...
  3. W10 and Old Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 and Old Windows Mobile: Does anyone know if there is a way to get an old Windows Mobile to connect via USB to a W10 PC...? Back in the days of XP this Mobile used to communicate with XP by USB without any issues - just connect by USB and it would appear in File Explorer. But connecting it to a W10...
  4. W10 and Old Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 and Old Windows Mobile: Does anyone know if there is a way to get an old Windows Mobile to connect via USB to a W10 PC...? Back in the days of XP this Mobile used to communicate with XP by USB without any issues - just connect by USB and it would appear in File Explorer. But connecting it to a W10...
  5. Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?: Hi all, just joined up. I don't use W10 myself yet but I'm about to set up an all-in-one PC for an elderly relative. She's a great fan of many old games, like Bejeweled, Flipwords, Text Twist, Luxor etc, and owns 20 or 30. But I'm beginning to wonder if old software...
  6. W10 1703 - Machine Freezes Then Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 1703 - Machine Freezes Then Crashes: For the past couple of months my computer (built back in May 2017) has been freezing up. At first, I was only getting a graphics freeze with Elite Dangerous - game would crash, but game video would remain in foreground. The system still responded (could Alt-Tab amongst...
  7. W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...: Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld 14393.1066) and a new System Recovery Disk. I also ran CCleaner until it could not find anything to get rid of. You can open My...
  8. Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Creator/Editor Software for W10?: What's a good FREE video editing software that helps me import a recording of myself, so I can add an intro, and add text during certain stages through the video etc? Thanks*Smile 27491
  9. W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Creator Edition (Version 1703) Control Panel finally GONE: Hi folks Not sure if it's just on my system (1703 Creators edition - X-64) the control panel has finally been retired off the menu -- some of the more obscure items such as system, Disk management, Device manager, computer management and power shell (both admin and non...
  10. W10 Creator - display issue

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Creator - display issue: I was having network issues with Creator so I rolled back. still no problems with 1607. I decided to clean install on a spare disk. All loaded except I can't seen any program windows. When I open a program it appears on the taskbar but I can't open its window. The display...