Windows 10: Front jack (panel) - works only one side

Discus and support Front jack (panel) - works only one side in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings! I just bought a new PC and installed W10 (previously was using W7) and when i plugged my headphones to front jack i did not have any sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 6matko, Oct 2, 2015.

1. 6matko Win User

Front jack (panel) - works only one side

Greetings!
    I just bought a new PC and installed W10 (previously was using W7) and when i plugged my headphones to front jack i did not have any sound at all. I googled for some time to find a solution and found that i have to check "Disable front panel jack detection" and i got the sound, BUT the sound was only in one side. When i was testing in Realtek HD Audio Manager it also played sound only in one side.

Headphones work fine so it probably is Windows glitch.
    P.S. also tried to uninstall & reinstall drivers for Realtek HD Audio, didnt help.

:)

6matko, Oct 2, 2015
  2. JOne24 Win User

Windows 10 Realtek Audio rear analog jacks not working

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and found I wasn't getting any audio from my speakers. My Realktek HD Audio manager can detect my analog speakers hook-up in the rear panel. I can hear audio from my front panel analog jacks with my regular
    speakers. I tried updating the audio drivers to 6.0.1.7541 from the Realtek site but still could not hear anything from my rear panel analog jacks (the front still work). Changing the frequency also did not work. (edit 8/2/2015) I went into sounds and checked
    properties for speakers/headphones, the default device. (edit 8/7/2015) It lists the front panel l/r jack and the rear panel l/r jack, along withthe other surround sound jacks (l/r rear, center sub, l/r side).

JOne24, Oct 2, 2015
  3. about n8 dolby sound(quiz)

Well afaIk, the 3,5mm jack is only for stereo, two channels. To use 5.1 on my PC I have to use 4 3,5mm plugs for front, side, back and SW speakers. The HDMI combines all these channels in one jack.

globethrottle, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Front jack (panel) - works only one side

1. Front jack (panel) - works only one side - Similar Threads - Front jack panel

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  4. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Front Panel Audio Jack Not Working On Windows 10.

Front Panel Audio Jack Not Working On Windows 10.: Hi, today i bought a headphone i never used headphone on windows 10 and plugged it on my front jack and realized windows doesn't recognize it being plugged in. i didn't have this problem when i used windows 7. Any help is greatly appreciated...
  6. audio jacks at the front panel do not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio jacks at the front panel do not work: [ATTACH] (newly built pc) So my green audio jack at the back seems to work ( whether I plug in a headset or speakers) but none of the other ones work for audio at the back (although I assume only the green one is for audio anyways so its probably fine). But, the front...
  7. CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection

CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection: [ATTACH] I've been wrestling with this **** all day and I'm very frustrated, to say the least. I've never had much of a problem with Windows 10 and I tend to like it, for the most part... But, now that Realtek's decided to stop ******* supporting its HD Audio Manager and...
  8. Front Panel Jack not working

Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  9. Will a 3.5mm 4 conductor earphone jack work if plugged in one of the front panels that are...

Will a 3.5mm 4 conductor earphone jack work if plugged in one of the front panels that are...: What I am trying to ask is this. My headset has 2 jacks , 1 for mic and one for the earphones. But the mic does not seem to work. I then connected my phone earphone jack to it which is a 4conductor jack in other words made for both mic and earphones listening and this too the...
  10. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...