Windows 10: Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why?

Discus and support Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Issue i'm having with using my headset in my front panels and I can't figure out what's up. If I plug the green headphone jack into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WillSK, Oct 30, 2015.

1. WillSK Win User

Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why?

Hi guys,

Issue i'm having with using my headset in my front panels and I can't figure out what's up.

If I plug the green headphone jack into the headphone port the pop up comes up and tells me this is the pink mic port. Gives me the option to select from headphone, mic, front speaker etc..

If i plug the pink mic jack into the microphone port it thinks this is the green headphone port and no option to select Mic.

Why are these reversed? The HD audio connector is connected correctly to my motherboard (only goes on one way anyway)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

:)

WillSK, Oct 30, 2015

2. Front Panel Intel(R) High Definition Audio not detected by Windows 10

Upon upgrading to Windows 10, the Front Panel 3.5mm Audio Jack is no longer detected or functions on the OS.

Case: http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/P280_manual_EN.pdf

It is not listed in the Sound>Playback devices

• Show Disabled & Disconnected Devices are both checked on, so it isn't disabled.
    • The Speakers Properties 'Jack Information' says 'Rear Panel 3.5mm Jack' and functions properly, so audio isn't muted.
    • Front Panel Microphone is still listed on the Sound>Recording devices and functions properly, so it is detecting the panel.
    • The Microphone Properties 'Jack Information' says 'Front Panel 3.5mm Jack' but displays both audio input from
      rear and front.
    When booting up on another OS, on the same computer that is not Windows 10, the front panel audio jack is detected and functions normally.

Lawrence2010_15, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Setting up two separate audio devices in 'playback devices', passed tone test but no sound.

Hi Silk 86,

It seems that there's a conflict on the changes made. May I know where is the monitor connected? Is it on the front panel? If not, are both the speakers and monitor connected to the analog rear panel? If one of the audio outputs is connected to the front
    panel, try enabling the front panel jack detection and see if both the monitor and speakers work simultaneously.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Most likely the cable from the front audio ports was turned around when plugged onto the motherboard [I've caught myself doing that when in a hurry]. It should have been indexed but who knows without actually comparing the plug location with the motherboard manual but since yours has that indexing you might have to take the front of the case off and check the mounting of the cable on it.

One other point, could be the wires were assembled wrong in the plug/plastic housing itself, maybe either end of the cable. If the mic and headphone jacks otherwise work one could use something like fingernail polish to carefully recolor the sockets.

Berton, Oct 30, 2015
  5. Have you installed the necessary Asus software ?

Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why? [​IMG]

Torquemada, Oct 30, 2015
  6. WillSK Win User
    So you think there may be an issue with the case build itself? i.e the i/o panel is incorrectly connected?
    The actual HD audio connector is definitely on correct as I checked that earlier and there's only one method of insertion.

On your other point. The mic doesn't work in the "green" port as it would in the pink it doesn't give me an option although weirdly the headphones work if i put them in the headphone port and select headphone instead of mic

Yup installed the driver from their website so have this software *Smile

WillSK, Oct 30, 2015
  7. WillSK Win User

yes a little bit similar but not quite and I don't use an external sound card so I don't think this could be the issue. I'll check my bios settings now though

Edit: Bios checked and only audio option is HD Audio Enable/Disable

It's enabled

WillSK, Oct 30, 2015
  8. Torquemada, Oct 30, 2015
  9. WillSK Win User
    WillSK, Oct 30, 2015
  10. I think it'll be tucked away in the Realtek software and you'll have to enable/disable auto detection of plugged in devices. Then when you plug your headphones in it'll ask what it is.

Torquemada, Oct 30, 2015
  11. WillSK Win User
    That's not an issue.

Headphones in to the green headphone port but the pink is flashing

Mic in the pink mic port but the green is flashing

WillSK, Oct 30, 2015
  12. Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why?

What happens if you lie to it and tell it you've plugged the headphones in instead of telling it mic? and vice versa

Torquemada, Oct 30, 2015
  13. WillSK Win User
    I can make the headphones work but as you can see the Mic port doesn't give me the option for Mic in.

If I plug the mic into the headphone port it gives me the option for mic in but it doesn't actually work or pick up any voice

WillSK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Front panel Audio detection is all mixed up and I don't know why? - Similar Threads - Front panel Audio

2. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  3. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  4. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Front audio ports not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front audio ports not detected: The front audio ports on my case stopped working, I have tried all the recommended fixes, update drivers, reinstall realtek audio manager etc, I have looked at the connection and everything seems fine, it just doesn't recognize the jacks. I have tried different headphones...
  6. Front panel

Front panel: Is it possible to link sound blaster z to a pc front panel (ac 97) ? 170842
  7. There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option

There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option: My laptop’s headphone port just stopped working. It shows that it plays through the headphones but no sound coming through. My headphones work perfectly on other devices as well. Ive tried everything i could. and there’s no “Disable front panel jack detection” option in the...
  8. Front panel audio not working

Front panel audio not working: So, just like my last PC case, my front panel audio for some reason isn't working, I thought it was my PC case, but i have gotten an entirely new case, and motherboard. I have triple checked that all front panel devices are in fact plugged in. Uninstalled my sound drivers,...
  9. realtek front panel no audio

realtek front panel no audio: so i just make my first pc build. and after everything thing i found out that the front panel audio and mic are not working. first of, even after updating it it did not install realtek hd audio manager. so i found it downloaded it. and after when i did open, it was opened in...
  10. Front and back panel not detected by windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Front and back panel not detected by windows 10: device listed as "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" in device manager shows an error: "This operation requires an interactive window station." Sound>Playback and Sound>Recording does not show the outputs. Driver can not install due to a compatibility error....