Windows 10: Front USB 3.0 Random detection behaviour

Discus and support Front USB 3.0 Random detection behaviour in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing issues with my front two USB 3.0 ports of my Asus z170I mitx pro gaming board. Primarily, the issue is that; Sometimes the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alypak, Feb 21, 2017.

1. alypak Win User

Front USB 3.0 Random detection behaviour

Hi,

I am facing issues with my front two USB 3.0 ports of my Asus z170I mitx pro gaming board. Primarily, the issue is that;
    Sometimes the USB devices get connected, sometimes not.
    Sometimes after few tries they work, while sometimes never.
    They work fine on usb 3.1 and 2.0 ports at the back.
    These devices are working fine on other PCs i checked.
    Drivers are upto date and did all kinds of power and root hub troubleshooting steps but no progress.

I was trying to uninstall the usb drivers..somehow ended up crashing ny windows for good. What I found out through command prompt of windows recovery is that even without windows the same behaviour persist and often USBs in the front two 3.0 ports dsnt get detected randomly while after few attempts it does. So what can be the issue?

NOTE: I have 1 broken 3.0 header SSTX pin on my board which was broken during building my PC..can this be the cause of all this fuss???

:)

alypak, Feb 21, 2017
  2. DynLleuad Win User

Front USB 3.0 port not working in Windows 10

I have a issue with a usb 3.0 sandisk ultra 16gb stick on win 10 pro x64, it works fine in all the back usb 3.0 ports, works fine in front usb 2.0 port, it is detected in the front usb 3.0 port, worked first time but will not show up in explorer anymore,
    also when inserted into the front usb 3.0 port, edge will not connect to the internet, scan for new hardware will fail to finish. Other devices plugged into this port work fine.

The 16gb stick has been tested on a win 7 pro x64 pc and returns no errors and all content show up.

I have uninstalled all USB devices "universal serial bus controllers" then rebooted to no avail.

This seems to be an issue with windows 10 and not my hardware, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

From event viewer:

Device USB\VID_0781&PID_5581\4C530001240129111034 had a problem starting.
    Driver Name: usbstor.inf

Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Service: USBSTOR

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0xA

DynLleuad, Feb 21, 2017
  3. Windows 10: USB 3.0 ports fails to work after PC come out from Sleep Mode

Hello,

Are you referring to Externally connected USB 3.0 Hub?

If yes, you have connected that USB Hub to system USB 3.0 port on Backside?

It will work fine when it is connected to front side USB ports?

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 21, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

The broken pin could be the problem, or at least part of the problem. You will never know until you get the motherboard replaced since there is only one USB 3.0 header on this board. Another area to consider is the cable and front panel ports in the case. On one PC I built, the front USB ports on a new case were defective.

I just built a new PC with an ASUS ROG Maximus VIII motherboard and on my front USB 3.0 ports, I have one flash drive that will not work in one of the two USB 3.0 ports, but works fine in the other. Both USB 3.0 ports work OK with other devices.

fireberd, Feb 21, 2017
  5. alypak Win User
    I see. So can this be replaced easily as my board is still under 1st year of warranty?

alypak, Feb 21, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Contact ASUS and explain what the problem is. They may replace it or they may consider that not a warranty problem. Good Luck.

fireberd, Feb 21, 2017
  7. alypak Win User
    Hi,

I got a New Motherboard fortunately by ASUS mentioning them the issue. I am getting the same issue again now. Front 3.0 headers have the same random nature of detecting devices. My note 3 mobile isnt getting recognized at all while it gets recognized over oldest PCs and devices .. same for my 500 GB hard drive .. it is not at all getting detected. and USBs do get detected but often they do not.
    I have all drivers updated along with a new windows Install. Facing the same all over again.

I believe that now this is my Fractal Design node 202 casing 3.0 header that is the issue here.

Kindly advise

alypak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Front USB 3.0 Random detection behaviour - Similar Threads - Front USB Random

2. random inexplicable behaviour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random inexplicable behaviour: recently about a week or so ago an update was forced on me now I am experienceing multiple random inexplicable behaviour i.e I cannot discern any firm pattern except to suspect the gesktop feature which it seems you are forced or is automatically used. The first inkling was...
  3. random inexplicable behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random inexplicable behaviour: recently about a week or so ago an update was forced on me now I am experienceing multiple random inexplicable behaviour i.e I cannot discern any firm pattern except to suspect the gesktop feature which it seems you are forced or is automatically used. The first inkling was...
  4. random inexplicable behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  6. Front audio ports not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front audio ports not detected: The front audio ports on my case stopped working, I have tried all the recommended fixes, update drivers, reinstall realtek audio manager etc, I have looked at the connection and everything seems fine, it just doesn't recognize the jacks. I have tried different headphones...
  7. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  8. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  9. Front USB connectors

Front USB connectors: Curious, is there any options available to connect the front USB 2.0 (on a desktop), to a USB 3.0 PCIe card? Thus, giving the front USB ports, 3.0, versus 2.0. Thanks in advance for all your ideas... 126078
  10. USB memory stick random behaviour

USB memory stick random behaviour: I've found windows 10 is a bit random with USB memory stick. Previously under win7, some memory sticks work on the USB3 ports, some didn't, generally most worked on the USB2. Win7 was consistent with the various memory stick, same stick worked or didn't work in the USB ports....