Windows 10: Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup...

Discus and support Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Try booting into Safe Mode. I then suggest using Autoruns to check all startup programs / services / tasks. Look or search for anything related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup...

Try booting into Safe Mode. I then suggest using Autoruns to check all startup programs / services / tasks. Look or search for anything related to Verizon and disable that. You need to peruse the startup profiles in Autoruns for all users.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Olbyrex Win User

Hey everybody, let's cut to the chase--
    My Dell Inspiron 11 laptop with Windows 10 cannot load properly at ALL. For some background info, i am signed with Verizon as my service. For the past two days, whenever I start up the computer, it loads like normal, then I get an everyday popup from Verizon cloud like normal, then it gets stuck on it.

I can't close it, I can't open Task Manager to kill the process, the End Process popular does nothing, nothing else can open, I can't access the cmd prompt, I shut it down for 30 minutes i let it cool down, restarted it, scanned for malware, tried to troubleshoot in the restart menu, NOTHING WORKS. It just freezes and it has been loading for the past.three.hours.

I considered calling verizon, but I seriously doubt they can help me, and I've never used the cloud. So I think it's something seriously wrong with my computer. I can't call them right now, they are closed where I am. What do I do, I'm about to lose my mind....

:)

Olbyrex, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Freezes

After installing windows 10 when my laptop goes to sleep upon re-start the computer freezes on the startup screen. The only way to solve this issue is to hold down the power button and re-start the laptop that way. This is very frustrating, any help would
    be appreciated.

JimMcDonald360, Apr 10, 2018
  4. ChrisG714 Win User

WP8 wallet problem

I am having the exact same issue. After modifying payment options on the commerce website Wallet keeps saying updating upon startup and then immediately crashes. Very frustrating.

ChrisG714, Apr 10, 2018
  5. Hi Olbyrex.

When did this start?

Did you make any physical or software changes before this started? (Say within last three days )

If you disconnect from network do you get same results?

Can you get to safe mode (with networking) and does it act the same.

As device boots you see the spinning dots, hold the power button down until it powers off. Power on, see the spinning dots, hold power button till it powers off. Power on and you should get the Advance Startup Options.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

You will also notice the option to Restore to an earlier time, hopefully your restore points are enabled.

Caledon Ken, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup... - Similar Threads - Frustrating Computer freezes

2. PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.: I've tried many many things to get Powershell to work, such as:Turning PowerShell on and off in optional features and restarting.System maintenance.powershell -noexitpowershell -noprofileDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc.exe /scannow.Removing...
  3. Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen: I have been using my Pc for about 2 years and had no real problems. However recently i went to bed with my computer working fine and woke up to getting to the login screen and it immediately freezing. Done multiple things like removing ram trying other ram and memory...
  4. Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup: Greetings again o/ ive been having a really major and annoying issue as of recently where i will boot my PC. and as i go down stairs for breakfast or what not it gives me enough time to get breakfast and reset the network adaptor. no more than a minute id say. and then i...
  5. Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Slowdowns / Freezing as of recently. upon startup: Greetings again o/ ive been having a really major and annoying issue as of recently where i will boot my PC. and as i go down stairs for breakfast or what not it gives me enough time to get breakfast and reset the network adaptor. no more than a minute id say. and then i...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes & Blue Screens Upon Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes & Blue Screens Upon Startup: I just recently have been having this issue where my laptop will turn on as normal, but as I log in & try to open programs/windows it will freeze. Then the blue screen saying a problem has been encountered appears. It restarts & I log in again, sometimes it works fine after...
  7. Computer Freezes at Startup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Freezes at Startup: When I shut my computer down and then I turn it back on it freezes at the Windows logo screen. (the back screen with nothing but the windows logo in the center). I'll long press the power button until it shuts off and then pressdthe power button it starts up ok. This...
  8. Computer freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freeze on startup: Hello, So I decided to help my brother-in-law with his computer problems and I can't seem to find a fix. He installed Windows 10 creator's update a few months ago and has been experiencing problems with freezes upon starting the computer, that have made it impossible to...
  9. Computer freezes if not in immediate use

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes if not in immediate use: My computer runs perfectly fine if I'm at the helm and typing, or doing anything basically. But if I leave my computer, watch tv for 5-10 minutes and come back it's frozen... well, not exactly frozen, but it takes minutes for even the windows bar to load. Every action...
  10. Windows 10 freezing upon entering "Startup Settings"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing upon entering "Startup Settings": My Windows 10 freezing upon entering "Startup Settings". Have a solution? 30940