Windows 10: Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues

Discus and support Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am experiencing no end of network problems since the roll out of 1803. I like to think of myself as reasonably competent when it comes to networking,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Angry User, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues

I am experiencing no end of network problems since the roll out of 1803. I like to think of myself as reasonably competent when it comes to networking, but I have been stumped with 2 issues since the release of 1803. I have to ask the question if it ain’t broke why fix it?

I am running Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit version updated to 1803. I am trying to connect to an ASUS RT AC66U router. I am using a ASUS PCE-AC55BT Dual band Wireless PCI-E Adapter. Both of these pieces of hardware worked fine before the upgrade.

Issue 1) Unable to connect to the Internet

Pre 1803 I had my PC setup with a static IP. Since 1803 I:
    • Cannot establish a dynamic or static connection to the internet
    • Can establish a connection to my private network
    • Am told by the Network Status page that I am connected to the internet.
    • Am unable to connect to the internet – I would settle for a dynamic connection, but I need a static connection for port forwarding.
    • Am able to connect to the internet through the router on my Linux machine, windows 7 machine and cell phone – so it appears the router is working properly.

I have tried the following:
    • Tried a 30-30-30 reset on the router.
    • Removed the Merlin Firmware and installed ASUS stock firmware.
    • Rebooted the router.
    • Powered off the router and let stand for half an hour before powering back up the router
    • Reset the router to factory defaults.
    • Removed all the network adapters in the device manager and let windows reinstall the network adapters upon reboot.
    • Powered off the PC and let stand while router was turned off.
    • Through command prompt I did ipconfig /flushdns

Issue 2) Unable to share drives with this version of Windows 10.

I followed this tutorial and had no luck. I am trying to share my D and E drives without password protection.
    When I go to file explorer and click on networks I can see the Win 10 PC and the shared drives but when I click on one of the drives I always get the:

Here is what happened with each of the options in the tutorial
    • Option 1: Followed all of the steps at least 3 times and turned off password protection – I get told that I do not have access……………
    • Option 2: When I get to step 2 and try and give access to specific people I only get advanced sharing. So, I go through that and try and configure the drive for full control for everyone. I get the same error message.
    • Option 3: Is not relevant as it relates to stopping sharing.
    • Option 4: Same experience as in option 2 – I set up the drive so that everyone has full control and I get the usual message.
    • Option 5: Is not relevant as it relates to stopping sharing.
    • Option 6: In step 3 when I go to click share – it is greyed out.
    • Option 7: Set up everyone to have full control but get the usual message.
    • Option 8: Is not relevant as it relates to stopping sharing.
    • Option 9: Is not relevant as it relates to stopping sharing.

:)

Angry User, Jul 30, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues

Network Connection Issues

Hi Ricki,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Method 1: Reboot the router of the network and check if the issue is resolved.
    If the issue persist, run the network adapter troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Network Adapter,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter driver from device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Also check from the manufacturer’s website if you are using updated network adapter. If not, I suggest you to download the latest network adapter software from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues

1. Frustrations with 1803 and 2 network issues - Similar Threads - Frustrations 1803 network

2. Network credentials frustration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network credentials frustration: I have just reinstalled Windows 10 and fully updated it. I made a careful note of the email address I used and the password than set up a pin to sign in, I can se my synology NAS drive and can access it from THIS PC and can access it if i click on the icon and see all the...
  3. Frustration with Networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frustration with Networking: I am having an ongoing issue with a Desktop Unit I have with an ASUS Z97-C Main Board with the Intel i218-V Built in Network interface running Windows10 32 bit. It will connect to my network but claims there is NO Connectivity to the INTERNET which is INCORRECT. I have RESET...
  4. Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network: So I've been using my TV to access my PC as they are on the same wi-fi. I would put a video file in the "Videos" folder and it would appear when accessing Videos through the TV (PC>Videos>All Videos>New File). This worked. Now when I went similarly (using the TV) to...
  5. Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extreme frustration with Libraries / Network: So I've been using my TV to access my PC as they are on the same wi-fi. I would put a video file in the "Videos" folder and it would appear when accessing Videos through the TV (PC>Videos>All Videos>New File). This worked. Now when I went similarly (using the TV) to...
  6. Frustrating Network Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frustrating Network Adapter Issues: Hello, I have been having this problem for absolute ages, almost a year, I have a Windows 10 PC with AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor and my wireless network adapter is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn WI-FI Adapter I...
  7. Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frustrated installing Windows 10 1803: So, as the subject says, I'm getting very frustrated here. I have been attempting to install Windows 10 1803 for months now, unsuccessfully. I just tried it again, this time with Windows Defender Firewall off (because that's what it took to get my printer drivers...
  8. Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue

Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue: Hi, We are expericeing an issue with Windows 10 1803, I know there are online forums and articles filled on the issues of 1803 (looks like a bad version of Windows 10). This issue we have is a strange one, With Windows 10 1803, we are unable to get IP address through...
  9. windows 10 1803 Network issues

windows 10 1803 Network issues: windows 10 1803 Network issues... is a patch available or what is a REALLY SIMPLE and SUCCESSFUL workaround? The ones I seen so far seem to vary and look complicate without any confidence, for me at least, that they WILL REALLY work. Microsoft keep promoting W10 so when is...
  10. DESPERATE! 1803 broke network sharing on 2 laptops

DESPERATE! 1803 broke network sharing on 2 laptops: Tonight (UK) I installed 1803 on 2 laptops, both of which are used exclusively to screen-capture live webcams 24/7 in hourly clips. I fetch up the recordings from across the network to "this" (XPS 15 in my sig) and edit them, upload to YouTube, and share. I am accustomed to...