Windows 10: FSX out of memory

Discus and support FSX out of memory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since upgrading to win 10 pro 64-bit, I now get OOM from FSX. My worst one is iFly 737. In win 7 I had no problems. I even started at a default airport... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by johnk51, Jan 17, 2016.

1. johnk51 Win User

FSX out of memory

Since upgrading to win 10 pro 64-bit, I now get OOM from FSX. My worst one is iFly 737. In win 7 I had no problems. I even started at a default airport with my ifly 737 and once in the air, headed out over the ocean. Using VAS monitor, the memory usage kept climbing till it was over 4 gigs. Then It said I was out of memory. The scenery should have brought the memory down the further I went over the ocean. My PMDG 777, level-D, MJC Q400 all work fine. I do have 16 gigs of ram, but something is really hogging the memory with my ifly 737. Is there a way to find out what it is? Also, fsx doesn't shut down completely when I exit, until I end it with the task manager.

:)

johnk51, Jan 17, 2016
  2. Chriso747 Win User

FSX keep running out of available memory after a very short time, Windows 10 pro

You have some good add ons and I can see you know what you are doing in trying to find out the source of your OOMs. Have you tried using Process Explorer/Monitor to ascertain at which point the OOM happens? This program obviously will use up quite a bit
    of your disk space (8 GB +), but may prove to be useful. Does anything come up in your Events Viewer or App Crash Viewer (needs downloading) regarding an OOM?

There are a myriad of possibilities that can cause, or be a part of the cause, for OOMs. If you haven't seen this, I've given a link for downloading a CTD Guide (the latest version). It is produced by AVSIM, of which I'm a member, and gives quite a thorough
    range of possibilities for various forms of CTDs:

http://www.avsim.com/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide-for-fsx-p3d-fs9/

All the best and feel free to ask any further questions.

Chriso747, Jan 17, 2016
  3. M.O.S. Win User
    FSX keep running out of available memory after a very short time, Windows 10 pro

Microsoft Support asked

"We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue." ???

No, my question is not answered.

Support have not been competent to helped me with FSX X. always been sent to people there have no clue about the complexity of FSX X. + Windows 10

And I had to reinstall FSX Deluxe + Acceleration (with a lot of losts work).

FSX keep running out of available memory after a very short time (five minutes), computer crashing, and freezing.

that olmost never happened in win 7.

I've got 16GB of RAM.

FSX X is on Drive E:, with 490.1 GB of free Space

Drive C: SSD have more than 390.00 GB of free Space

Alle settings in FSX X is set to the same as they were in Win 7.

I have set, Max Load Editor to run Max 1024 resolution (fsx.exe).

I have Lowered the, FSX "Full Screen resolution", to 1024x768x16, (normal it's 1920x1200x32).

All driver is up to date. (maybe not Win 10 driver)

AMD Radeon HD 5850 is set to High Performance (and not quality ) and program controlled (same thing as i was in win 7).

I have disabled as many programs as possible running at startup.

I Have Defragmented all Hard Drives.

Closed as many Applications as possible, only running/opening applications I need in Win 10. / FSX X Acceleretion

Tried to run FSX in Win 7 mode, (didn't work).

I have changed: ClearPageFileAtShutDown - value to 1 ((( Windows Key + R Type in Regedit )))

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management in the editor.)))))

I have Adjusted PC for Best Performance:

((On the start screen of Windows 10, ("Desktop"/ "Computer" / "Properties"/ "Advanced System settings" /

"System properties" / "Settings" / "Adjust for best performance". and "Apply".))

The above settings helped a little but the FSX X still very quickly run out of available memory and sometimes,

(almost always) computer crashing, and freezing.

Operating System

MS Windows 10 pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50/4.20 GHz 60 °C

Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM

16,0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) (MS-7672) (SOCKET 0) 66 °C

Graphics

Hanns.G HG281 (1920x1200@60Hz)

AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series (ATI AIB) 37 °C

Hard Drives

977GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C

488GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB ATA Device (SATA-SSD)

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q ATA Device

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

hope Support can help me

Greetings Mos

M.O.S., Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

FSX out of memory

1. FSX out of memory - Similar Threads - FSX memory

2. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  3. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition: FSX Error 1-80004005 after installing Acceleration Expansion pack.How to handle the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-flight-simulator-fsx-gold-edition/f0a8fa77-2c59-4328-9cca-cdd68a49af9a
  4. MS Flight Simulator FSX Gold Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  6. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  7. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  8. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  9. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...
  10. FSX 2006 version on Windows 10

FSX 2006 version on Windows 10: I have installed FSX 2006 version on Windows 10 and did not receive any errors during installation, but it did not install an icon on the desktop. I see the file folder in my C: drive, but no icon or other method to start gaming. What am I missing?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fsx problem in task manager refusing to exe. long delay in boot up

2. why an I running out of memory in FSX Deluxe Boxed Edition?