Windows 10: FTP Access through File Explorer

Discus and support FTP Access through File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sparker366, Aug 16, 2015.

1. FTP Access through File Explorer

I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address.

Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or png file and have it displayed properly. Some how my file associations got screwed up.

Can someone please help me with this?

:)

sparker366, Aug 16, 2015

2. Open FTP site in File explorer not working in windows 10

After updating Windows 10 to version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483), I lost FTP access through File Explorer.

Whenever I type ftp url, it opens up IE and tried to access FTP site. It then becomes temperamental. FTP download may work or it pops up with authentication screen. Once it pops up authentication screen, there is no way to download from FTP site.

Kiran Manandhar, Aug 16, 2015
  3. No FTP access using File Explorer with Windows 10 and IE 11

What do I have to do to access the files of an ftp site using File Explorer in Windows 10 and IE 11. Advanced options for internet already checked for Enabling FTP access by File Explorer, but after selecting ALT/View/Open ftp site in File Explorer, there
    is no change from the original screen which lists the files and directories but prevents manipulation of the files.

AaronBakalar, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

FTP Access through File Explorer

1. FTP Access through File Explorer - Similar Threads - FTP Access through

2. Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer: My Samsung Android phone doesn't show up in the file explorer as a drive on my laptop running Windows 11 when connected through USB port. It gets recognized under Bluetooth devices / Devices as SAMSUNG_Android. I restarted both my laptop and mobile. I uninstalled and...
  3. Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer: My Samsung Android phone doesn't show up in the file explorer as a drive on my laptop running Windows 11 when connected through USB port. It gets recognized under Bluetooth devices / Devices as SAMSUNG_Android. I restarted both my laptop and mobile. I uninstalled and...
  4. Access files on NAS-drive through windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access files on NAS-drive through windows file explorer: Hi! Throughout the years I’ve had several different NAS-drives from different manufacturers connected to my home network, and on my computer which had windows 7 installed on it, I could always access all the files on my drives by simply clicking on the drive in the network...
  5. Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.

Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.: I am using Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I used to open FTP in File Explorer about 2-3 months ago I am not sure about the version of Windows at that moment. But today when I paste the FTP address into address bar of File Explorer, the link opened in IE instead. All my...
  6. FTP Access IIS

FTP Access IIS: Hi I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could...
  7. Publisher and Access Files won't open through File Explorer

Publisher and Access Files won't open through File Explorer: I have both Access and Publisher installed on my laptop, in addition to the regular Office apps. When I attempt to open either a Publisher file or Access database, there is no icon and it tells me I do not have a program available to open that file type. When I try to set the...
  8. FTP No Longer in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FTP No Longer in Explorer: So a few of my modded consoles use FTP. I prefer managing them through Windows Explorer, which worked for sometime. However, it has stopped working. Each time I attempt to open an FTP site, it pops-up with "How do you want to open this?". Googling has turned up several with...
  9. FTP accessibility

in Browsers and Email
    FTP accessibility: Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers? 83588
  10. Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer: I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list. Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option...