Windows 10: Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

Discus and support Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, I know this scanner is getting a bit long in the tooth and Fujitsu are probably not going to bother with any updated drivers. I did manage to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mart1981, Oct 9, 2014.

1. mart1981 Win User

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

Okay, I know this scanner is getting a bit long in the tooth and Fujitsu are probably not going to bother with any updated drivers. I did manage to get it working intermittently with Win8.1 after installing what appeared to be some stop gap drivers from the manufacturer. Needless to say it works fine with Win7 x64.

If anyone had one of these and manages to get it running with Win10 then please would they post the results here - how they did it, etc.

:)

mart1981, Oct 9, 2014

2. check this guys ScanSnap S510 does not

"Support Windows® 10. There are no plans for adding support in the future since the support for ScanSnap S510 ($396 scanner) has already ended". Unbelievable?? What is up with this!! MS and ScanSnap??

What up with this

Thehubster, Oct 9, 2014
  3. check this guys ScanSnap S510 does not

With the new Build 10565 ScanSnap S510 works great make sure to take all insider updates.

Hope this helps Team..

Thehubster, Oct 9, 2014
  4. Dude Win User

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

5. mart1981 Win User
    Thanks for the pointer Dude. Everything now working as it should.

I did though take everything back to basics, uninstalled the Fujitsu software, rebooted and reinstalled. Still no go. Then I disconnected the scanner and reinstalled again - following Brink's recommendations. Rebooted and reconnected the hardware. Win10 then automatically found the required drivers and hey presto - all works.

The installing software first before hooking up the scanner is as per the recommendations on the Fujitsu site. So note to self - read the instructions first!!

Again, thanks for your help.

mart1981, Oct 10, 2014
  6. Dude Win User
    *Thumbs Glad you got it sorted.

7. grumpybug Win User
    Just to add to this. I have the same scanner on Win10. Initially it worked, then for no apparent reason one day it just stopped working and was listed in the device manager as an unknown item and no drivers could be found for it. I tried the above solution to no avail so I went poking around the program files looking for previously installed drivers. In doing so I stumbled across this little program "\Program Files (x86)\PFU\ScanSnap\Driver\SsDrvRepair\SsDrvRepair-x64.exe" Given the issue, I thought it was worth a try and certainly fixed the scanner drivers for me.

grumpybug, Jun 16, 2015
  8. Dr Z Win User

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

I tried everything above which did not work for me but I did find a process that worked and may be helpful for others. Try the following:

• DO NOT Connect ScanSnap to PC
    • Install Adobe Acrobat 8 & re-boot
    • Install ScanSnap Manager (version 4.2 L31) for Windows 8 & re-boot
    • Install other software if wanted (not necessary) & re-boot
    • Connect ScanSnap scanner and open lid
      • Light will illuminate on the scanner for a brief period of time and go off (scanner will not work)
    • Open Device Manager with scanner lid still open
    • Right click on ScanSnap scanner which should have an exclamation point next to it
    • While the lid remains open, Choose Update Driver Software (If you choose Properties it will state that the device is not functioning properly or the driver did not load properly)
    • Wait until the software completely loads
    • Scanner should work properly

Dr Z, Sep 5, 2015
  9. Hobbitt Win User
    I have a ScanSnap S510 which I could not get to work with Windows 10 and after searching the internet and e-mailing Fujitsu (who said that the Scanner stopped being produced 2 years ago and no driver updates were forthcoming) I grudgingly decided to buy its replacement - the iX 500. However when looking at this scanner on Amazon and going through the reviews I came across this suggestion. Use the software for the iX500. I therefore went to the Fujitsu website and downloaded the ScanSnap Manager for the iX500 - I didn't bother with the Organiser software as you need to submit Scanner details (anyway I found that the Organiser for the S510 works fine). The S510 was disconnected and the downloaded software loaded. On reconnection the S510 was recognised and the Manager dialog box could be opened. The ScanSnap symbol appeared in the taskbar. I have scanned a few documents and everything appears to be as before. So, don't throw your S510 scanner away, just run it with the iX500 software. I haven't told Fujitsu!!

Hobbitt, Sep 12, 2015
  10. reallywt Win User
    Just wanted to give a big thanks to hobbit, got it to work! Have top point out that I'm very disappointed in fujitsu that I paid over 400$ on sometHing that isn't supported 5 years after purchase

reallywt, Sep 13, 2015
  11. websnail Win User
    Aside from a thanks to all who've contributed to this thread I wanted to note that I was able to get the ScanSnap fi-5110EOX2 working using the instructions above although I noted a couple of potential differences.

I've only installed the ScanSnap manager rather than everything else but it's working fine so all good..

Thanks all.

websnail, Sep 27, 2015
  12. *092

sundevildon, Nov 1, 2015
  13. bobburk3 Win User

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

Thanks Hobbitt, your soution worked. i have been struggling with this on my new windows 10 computer off and on for two months and my S510 is finally working again. Amazing that Fujitsu would not tell you that the software for their iX510 would work with the S510.

bobburk3, Nov 2, 2015
  14. dgill8848 Win User
    Terrific! Thanks, Hobbit!

dgill8848, Nov 3, 2015
  15. Hobbit did it for me! Thanks Hobbit.

DigitalGeoff, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

1. Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 - Similar Threads - Fujitsu ScanSnap S510

2. Nothing happens when I click on Fujitsu ScanSnap Home installer/executable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens when I click on Fujitsu ScanSnap Home installer/executable Windows 10: Hi all,I called Fujitsu support and they said that it is a Windows problem. I tried following the tips in the following post including turning off antivirus and trying different compatibility modes but it didn’t...
  3. FUJITSU SCANSNAP SCANNER WILL NOT CONNECT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FUJITSU SCANSNAP SCANNER WILL NOT CONNECT: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now my ScanSnap S1300i will not connect anymore. I have installed and uninstalled the driver. I have turned off the antivirus software, turned off the scanner, disconnected and reconnected the USB cord, but it still won't connect.The only way it...
  4. ScanSnap ix500

ScanSnap ix500: Why did my scanner stop working due to the Windows 10 Update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scansnap-ix500/d8a432e6-f6c7-491d-a86f-ccd3bdc347a4
  5. ScanSnap with Surface Pro X

ScanSnap with Surface Pro X: Has anyone been able to use a ScanSnap on the Surface Pro X? Device manager indicates that drivers are not present. The ScanSnap installer appears to work but near the end it cannot connect to the ScanSnap. I have tried the usual uninstall / install / reboot ideas. My...
  6. fujitsu scanner S1500

fujitsu scanner S1500: I was told by Fujitsu that I cannot scan now because microsoft's window image acquisition has a problem interfacing with the scanner and wia will not pick up the scanner's software. Fujitsu said the problem is on the computer's side, not the scanner. How do I fix this...
  7. BIOS Fujitsu AH532

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Fujitsu AH532: I know everything I write here is off topic but I need desperate help. My laptop's model : Fujitsu AH532/G21 laptops ( two ) Website : Fujitsu Technical Support pages from Fujitsu United Kingdom Bios : Phoeinex Request : I want to flash both laptops bios as both of them...
  8. Fujitsu Scansnap iX500 software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fujitsu Scansnap iX500 software uninstall: How can I fix this problem: cannot Install Fujitsu Scansnap iX500 because uninstall of old software failed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fujitsu-scansnap-ix500-software-uninstall/593bff1f-7315-4a36-b067-5bfd1addafa7
  9. ScanSnap

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ScanSnap: During a download of software that comes with a Fujitsu ix500 scanner (ScanSnap), it asks for permission to communicate over private networks and public networks. Is it safe to do so? What are the risks of granting permission?...
  10. Fujitsu ScanSnap IX500 Not working Windows 10 Build 10130

Fujitsu ScanSnap IX500 Not working Windows 10 Build 10130: Hey does anyone know how to get the Scansnap scanner to work ? I have the Fujitsu ScanSnap IX500 when i install drivers for Windows 8.1 64 BIT i can not seem to get the scan snap manager to open or work. Therefore i can not use this great and wonderful scanner. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fujitsu scansnap s510 blue light doesnt stay on

2. scansnap manager version 4.2 l31