Windows 10: Full-screen game frozen, cannot into Task manager

Discus and support Full-screen game frozen, cannot into Task manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, I'm kinda frustrated because I got my laptop with Windows 10 Home edition and all updates (Asus Rog G752VY-GC178T) and before this I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JaJe, Oct 10, 2016.

1. JaJe Win User

Full-screen game frozen, cannot into Task manager

Hello Everybody,
    I'm kinda frustrated because I got my laptop with Windows 10 Home edition and all updates (Asus Rog G752VY-GC178T) and before this I used Windows 7 which I'm very familiar with. Anyway, one of the most frustrating thing of this crap windows which I'm forced to use is that when a full-screen app crashes sometimes, a game in my case, I do press CTRL + ALT + DEL which return me into blue screen that prompts for lock, switch user, sign out, change password and task manager.

When I used Windows 7, after I choose for task manager, I see a black image behind (the app crashed) and task manager so I can force close the app.
    To Windows 10, things are a bit different, after I choose task manager, well I see nothing, like the crashed game keeps on top of the screen! *Mad

1. I tried also CTRL + SHIFT + ESC -> nothing
    2. I tried ALT +TAB -> nothing
    3. I tried Windows + TAB -> nothing

Luckly I use 'task view' and I have 2 virtual desktop and I often use CTRL + Windows + left/right arrow.
    Even with the app crashed, in very rare case I can switch to second desktop to start CMD and give a taskkill command. (Cannot use task manager because is stuck on first desktop with the app frozen).

I can't believe how bad is this OS! Any ideea why does is happen like this? Having all drivers up to date, all windows updates too, no viruses, adwares, crapware, etc.

I also hope I posted in the correct area for this thing.

Thank you in advance.

:)

2. Unable to close a Program that is not responding in Windows 10

Hello Karthicka,

The game is Fallout 3. But it isn't the game that is the problem. While the game is having difficulties, the root cause of my issue is that i am unable to access the task manager. Either with Ctrl Alt Del, then task manager or directly from the taskbar.
    While Task Manager opens, i am unable to see it or utilize it as it is "stuck" behind the frozen program screen. The only option i have is a complete restart.

When the program freezes and I Ctrl Alt Del and then Task manager there is a frozen black box that covers my entire desktop. I can Alt Tab to different items, (and even see there image is the middle of my screen / middle of the frozen black box,) but they are
    all stuck behind said frozen black box and none are accessible. Any assistance you can offer in being able to successfully kill a task is greatly appreciated. I understand and accept that there will be compatibility issues for a while, but being unable to
    kill a task without a full restart is unacceptable to me. If i cannot find a work around i will gladly downgrade back to the ever stable Windows 7.

JoshuaBrody, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Hoff54a Win User
    Task Manager

I play Skyrim and FNV with lots of mods. Now and again the games freeze. With windows 7 I would bring up the Task Manager to end the program. In Windows 10 I cannot get the Task Manager to appear. It is there but under the frozen game screen so I can't
    access it to end the program. Alt-Tab doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Hoff54a, Oct 10, 2016
  4. JaJe Win User

Wonderful....no answers....If neither Google or Forums can help me, then it's clear....

Thema:

1. Full-screen game frozen, cannot into Task manager - Similar Threads - Full screen game

2. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  3. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  4. Cannot full screen games with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot full screen games with Windows 10: For a while now games are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution recommended, should be played at 1920x1080." Then it proceeds to shrink the game or just keeps popping me in and out of full...
  5. Cannot full screen games with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot full screen games with Windows 10: For a while now games are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution recommended, should be played at 1920x1080." Then it proceeds to shrink the game or just keeps popping me in and out of full...
  6. Task Bar disappears completely in full-screen windowed game?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar disappears completely in full-screen windowed game?: Title says it all. Whenever I have a full-screen windowed application selected on my computer, the task bar will just disappear. Is there any way to change this, or make the task bar "always on top"? I've tried searching for a solution but I can't seem to find one anywhere. I...
  7. Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen Taskbar and Task Manager Not Working: I recently bought a new computer (Ideapad 330S) and everything was fine until I opened it this morning. The taskbar is frozen - when I mouse over any of the icons, the loading symbol comes up and clicking on start, cortana, notifications, etc does nothing. If I right click,...
  8. cannot access task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access task manager: I blocked Recovery through the GPO with “hide: Recovery” because I need to remove access to advanced startup. Everything worked fine but I have found out recently that the task manager is blocked. I am not sure if it is the blocking of Recovery caused this issue or not. But...
  9. cannot access task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot access task manager: [ATTACH] what i can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cannot-access-task-manager/8dd70abb-6365-4199-a7bc-5197f71134a8
  10. Not able to use Task Manager to end frozen programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to use Task Manager to end frozen programs.: Hello and thanks for any help you can provide. This problem has persisted since upgrading to windows 10. I play games with steam. If a game gets frozen or hung up I would normally use task master to end the program. Now when I bring up task master I cannot see it. It...