Windows 10: Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening

Discus and support Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I use the windows key in a full screen application, it works fine. I do that a second time and it doesn't open. How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GoldenYT, Jul 8, 2018.

1. GoldenYT Win User

Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening

Whenever I use the windows key in a full screen application, it works fine. I do that a second time and it doesn't open. How can I fix this?

:)

GoldenYT, Jul 8, 2018
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Right click the application shortcut, select Properties. Select the Shortcut tab and choose how you want to open the application:

Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening [​IMG]

• Normal window = Opens the application window in same size it was when last time closed, full screen only if the application was last closed when full screen
    • Minimized = Opens the application but minimizes it to taskbar without showing the application window on desktop
    • Maximized = Opens the application window always maximized, regardless if it was windowed or full screen when last time closed

Kari, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening - Similar Threads - Fullscreen applications prevent

2. Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.: Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet. The brwosers access Internet well, but other software lost Internet connection. I try many methods but it is useless for now. The hardware was fine, i dont know where the problem....
  3. How to prevent windows from Cascading on open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent windows from Cascading on open.: This is a long time problem. Anytime you open a window of the same program, it puts it cascading in front of the previous window.Here is Explorer. I open one window, then another and one more. And it opens each with a cascade.This also happens in edge and any window that is...
  4. How to prevent windows from Cascading on open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent windows from Cascading on open.: This is a long time problem. Anytime you open a window of the same program, it puts it cascading in front of the previous window.Here is Explorer. I open one window, then another and one more. And it opens each with a cascade.This also happens in edge and any window that is...
  5. Cant open applications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open applications in fullscreen: Hello,Everytime I use an application that is in fullscreen on my PC, it opens it, switches to it, but then it tabs out of the application automatically. This has been going on for a few weeks now.Would appreciate some insight on this....
  6. My fullscreen applications won't open correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My fullscreen applications won't open correctly.: When I try to open any fullscreen applications it only shows an empty screen, the audio from the application still works and I can hear my mouse on the application itselft. I can also see the software running in the task manager, I have tried with many different games/.exe's...
  7. How to prevent all application windows from minimizing

How to prevent all application windows from minimizing: Could someone please offer a solution to a problem with W 10. Applications with 10 windows open will all minimize at the same time, and I can't figure out what is triggering this. It's probably the mouse. However, I have to spend a lot of time getting each window back....
  8. Multiple Fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Fullscreen applications: Hello, I've been using multiple monitors for a long time now, and lately have been thinking about my new setup. Not that I was planning on buying it but the LGCX 48inch tv seemed like the dream desktop monitor. There is one caveat, as a gamer I would like to play my games...
  9. Prevent WordPad from opening, or prevent RTF files from opening by policy or script

Prevent WordPad from opening, or prevent RTF files from opening by policy or script: Greetings, I am looking for a way to stop my users from being able to open WordPad or from being able to open RTF files (either would serve the same purpose). I need to roll this out to all machines preferably by GPO, but a script would work too. Anyone know of a way to...
  10. Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Application From Accessing Drive: Is it possible to prevent an application like Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinZip, etc. from accessing a drive (e.g., D:\) or a folder (e.g., D:\Data)? Ideally I want one application on my system to not have read access to one of the drives on my system....