Windows 10: Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick

Discus and support Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having problems with windows, so support has told me to reinstall windows externally from a usb stick. How do I do that? I am also stuck as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarnabyKeogh, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick

I have been having problems with windows, so support has told me to reinstall windows externally from a usb stick. How do I do that? I am also stuck as to how I completely uninstall it aswell.

Any help is greatly appreciated

:)

BarnabyKeogh, Aug 22, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Can't reinstall Windows 10 from a USB stick

I am having problems reinstalling Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop, I have downloaded the Media Creation Tool and the laptop BIOS has been adjusted to place USB sticks at the top of the list. However after I insert the memory stick and power up not a
    lot happens. The HP logo appears; shortly afterwards I get the revolving dots for about 30 seconds then everything vanishes and I am left with just a backlit screen. The hard drive light remains lit continuously.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Andrew_McCulloch, Aug 22, 2018
  4. SaiZo Win User

Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick

Is it possible to run Windows 7 from an USB stick?

No. It will run only on the media center. He wants a 32Gb USB stick to be "sure" all updates, all programs (VLC, Winamp etc.) will fit. The stick will remain in the media center all the time. The local hardware guy suggested Windows 8, but I haven't even tested that as yet. The media center can have harddrives connected to it, perhaps it would fit an SSD, but since he has a 2Tb drive already.. Why get an SSD if it can be run from an USB stick?

SaiZo, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick

1. Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick - Similar Threads - Fully reinstall usb

2. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...
  3. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...
  4. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  6. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  7. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?: Hi, I'd like to reinstall my Windows 11 installation, since I have a very annoying issue I can't get rid of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-shutdownsleephibernate/b68475ee-ae09-4dd7-bb7a-5d799861a38f . Now I'm wondering whether the...
  9. Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?

Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?: Hi, I'd like to reinstall my Windows 11 installation, since I have a very annoying issue I can't get rid of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-shutdownsleephibernate/b68475ee-ae09-4dd7-bb7a-5d799861a38f . Now I'm wondering whether the...
  10. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792