Windows 10: Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

Discus and support Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I soon discovered that my Function key did not work for the majority of keys. I have a Samsung Series 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Woody888, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Woody888 Win User

Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I soon discovered that my Function key did not work for the majority of keys.
    I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos.

It does not work with brightness, backlight, wifi on/off, fan... etc.
    The key does work with volume so I know that the key itself isn't the issue.

Was really hoping someone could help me with this issue! This is my first post so if you need more information please let me know!

Thanks.

:)

Woody888, Aug 17, 2015

2. Cannot adjust brightness in Win 10 (Samsung laptop)

After update Windows 8.1 to 10 i cannot fix brightnnes on my laptop (Samsung serie 7 chronos np780z5e). I update driver for for Intel and ATI, but nothing happening, remaning dark and brightnnes aren"t function.

FurtunaEduard, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10.

Since updating to Windows 10 on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop I've been unable to use some of the FN keys. I can no longer adjust the screen brightness and the back lighting on the key pad is on full brightness and cannot be dimmed. Samsung Support
    are of no use they just say to contact Microsoft Support.

John R. Powell, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

Don't know if there is a Samsung support forum, but if there is, you should visit it to see if others have similar problems and if Samsung has posted any answers.

I have an HP laptop that got trashed by the Win10 upgrade and, after I found the HP support forums, found out two things: (1) lots of other folks were in the same boat, and (2) HP does not provide Win10 drivers for my laptop. LOTS of folks with Win7 laptops were experiencing driver problems -- expecting MS to provide the working drivers, but in many cases, that did not happen.

Mark Phelps, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Hi!
    Go to Samsung Support Page and look for the Driver called: Easy Settings.
    Latest Build: 1.1.1.4

Cluster Head, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

1. Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop - Similar Threads - Function Key Working

2. Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7: I just wonder is there any way I can cast my screen on a Samsung TV Series 7 without having to downgrade to Windows 10? It seems silly if you ask me having to downgrade Windows because Samsung TV can't connect to it due to its fairly new appearance but is there any other way...
  3. Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with windows 11 won't connect to samsung tv series 7: I just wonder is there any way I can cast my screen on a Samsung TV Series 7 without having to downgrade to Windows 10? It seems silly if you ask me having to downgrade Windows because Samsung TV can't connect to it due to its fairly new appearance but is there any other way...
  4. No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E): Hello The brightness controls no longer work on my Samsung laptop "Series 7 Ultrabook" - model: NP740U3E-S04UK Here is the web page for it: 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK But where are the drivers? [GRRR] I tried running Samsung...
  5. No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E): Hello The brightness controls no longer work on my Samsung laptop "Series 7 Ultrabook" - model: NP740U3E-S04UK Here is the web page for it: 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK But where are the drivers? [GRRR] I tried running Samsung...
  6. Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on: I've left it charging for 8 hours and have pressed all the buttons at the same time, and the computer still doesnt turn on. If someone could help ASAP that would be great! Thanks...
  7. Scan issues-Samsung Multi Function printer M288x Series

Scan issues-Samsung Multi Function printer M288x Series: Please help! My scanner was working perfectly, but when I tried scanning again, it showed this error: "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again." I did this and turned off both my printer and computer and restarted, but I still get...
  8. KB4528760 on Samsung Series 9 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4528760 on Samsung Series 9 laptop: After installation of KB4528760 my battery started to charge up to 100% instead of 80% and I couldn't make Samsung Settings software work. So I uninstalled KB4528760 and now I can extend my battery life again. Has anyone else reported this?...
  9. Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop

Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop: So I used the Windows 10 installation media to put the Windows 10 installation files on a flash drive, and the installed Windows 10 onto my Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop (it's old, it originally shipped with Windows 8; not 8.1, 8). After the installation, I went into the...
  10. Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series

Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series: [img] I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver. My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx ! 59239

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung laptop function keys not working

2. samsung laptop keys not working

3. samsung series 7 function keys

4. no FN key on samsung laptop,
  5. why samsung np700z5a function key not working?,
  6. samsung fn key fix,
  7. samsung notebook 7 f1-f12 buttons,
  8. series 7 ultra fn key not working,
  9. Samsung 740U Fn key not working under Windows 10,
  10. fn keys on samsung laptop not working,
  11. samsung fn keys woindows 10 np700z5a,