Windows 10: Function keys while gaming

Discus and support Function keys while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am sure this has been asked before, but how do I set my function keys so that while I am gaming, I don't have to hit Fn+f key to do an in-game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Silas Epista, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Function keys while gaming

I am sure this has been asked before, but how do I set my function keys so that while I am gaming, I don't have to hit Fn+f key to do an in-game command? If it helps, I am on an HP Pavilion Notebook

:)

Silas Epista, Aug 17, 2018

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Function keys while gaming

Inverting Function Keys

Hi Daeri,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to use function keys using on screen keyboard?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to try using on screen keyboard and check if you are able to use the functionality of function key.

To open on screen keyboard, type on screen keyboard in the
    search box on the taskbar and select on screen keyboard.

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Function keys while gaming

1. Function keys while gaming - Similar Threads - Function keys while

2. Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.: Hi!Lately, I've occured a problem, when I try to Alt+Tab out of some fullscreen games. What happens is, when I press Alt+Tab, I'm still in the game, RGB lights on my keyboard turn off, some sound plays and I need to quickly Alt+Tab again, to switch the tabs, otherwise the...
  3. Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.: Hi!Lately, I've occured a problem, when I try to Alt+Tab out of some fullscreen games. What happens is, when I press Alt+Tab, I'm still in the game, RGB lights on my keyboard turn off, some sound plays and I need to quickly Alt+Tab again, to switch the tabs, otherwise the...
  4. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  5. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  6. keys repeat while gaming

keys repeat while gaming: other thread about this didnt help when i play a game, and for example, have to hold w, it jitters and instead of holding it like the keyboard should be doing, it wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in the gameany game...
  7. Function keys

Function keys: I have the Microsoft bluetooth keyboards and would like to be able to use the function keys like a normal keyboard. How can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/95b2359d-6356-490f-a73a-06783cea15a2
  8. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  9. Function keys not working in games

Function keys not working in games: When I play a game like for example, Fortnite, the F1-F12 buttons don't correspond to what's in my game options. when I press F1 it takes me out of the game to "how to get help in windows 10" instead of doing what's in the game and I don't know how to change it....
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off f key functions for gaming

2. how to turn off function buttons while gaming

3. disable function keys while gaming

4. f1 mute key ramp turn off windows,
  5. gaming function in windows