Windows 10: Functionality of Heroes of Might & Magic III is lost after W10 update

Discus and support Functionality of Heroes of Might & Magic III is lost after W10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the last Windows 10 update one of my computer games doesn't work properly. It's Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's blade. It starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tomasm21, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Tomasm21 Win User

Functionality of Heroes of Might & Magic III is lost after W10 update

After the last Windows 10 update one of my computer games doesn't work properly. It's Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's blade. It starts without initial promotion video and without sounds. It's like all values are set to zero including sound. In the agme I have to set sound from minimal level to my custom. Autopilot moves also disabled. I have to select flags again. After each strategical move the game is not automatically saved. The game often is turned off by the system because of some crash. What have you done to W10? What essential improvement turned to disapprovement to this game? This also is happening when I reinstall the Heroes3.

Before latest Windows 10 update the game worked normally (with autosaving (by default) and latest sound levels). Of coarse unlike in Windows 98 in W10 heroes3.exe is often closing by OS. Something abnormal is happening during game execution. So I must start the game again and continue from autosaved place.

Not only Heroes are closed but many more older games after some time of playing are closed by the system, for example S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Chernobyl.
    The latest abnormal exit (Quit) from STALKER came up with Windows alert sound. That indicated that something went wrong. At the log at the very end there were these messages:

stack trace:

0023:72FDD815 dxgi.dll, DXGIGetDebugInterface1()
    0023:72FDD004 dxgi.dll, DXGIGetDebugInterface1()
    0023:74C262C4 KERNEL32.DLL, BaseThreadInitThunk()
    0023:77BD0609 ntdll.dll, RtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification()
    0023:77BD05D4 ntdll.dll, RtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification()

Looks like W10 is not friendly with older programs.

What can you or me do to prevent lack of system compatibility to those programs?

:)

Tomasm21, Oct 10, 2016

2. Heroes of Might and Magic III HD Edition won't run on window 10

so i try to run Heroes of Might and Magic III HD Edition on window 10 but it don't seem to work out, also i've tried the program compatibility troubleshooter too but it don't seem to work either. so i wanted to know that if there is anyway to run this,
    thank you.

MapleBeginner, Oct 10, 2016
  3. J W Stuart, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Tomasm21 Win User

After the update I have to launch Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's blade (russian version) Troubleshoot Compatibility. The system offers to execute like in Windows XP SP3. I test it and everything seems normal. Then I agree. For some time it is running normal and everything works like in old times. But when I press a button for other players (computers) to do their move (like in chess) and they do it (I see all their moves) suddenly a problem occurs. The screen freezes and same sound is repeated infinitely. Maybe it's infinite loop error? I have no control and nothing is working (windows button on keyboard) I have to launch task manager through CTRL+ALT+DEL. The task manager does't show up on screen. Only blue screen (not BSOD)with provided functions like Lock, Switch, sign out.. I select the Shut Down icon and from submenu select restart. Since it SSD it restarts pretty fast.
    So is there a problem in the game or in W10? Perhaps h3blade.exe is incompatible even if I launch it under predefined Win XP compatibility. It simply crashes.
    Maybe workaround would be to install latest patches or Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's blade HD which looks like from childish books of tales (drawnings).

Tomasm21, Oct 20, 2016
  5. Tomasm21 Win User
    I have solved my problem of game incompatibility. In order for the game not to freeze or not to crash I had to use the HoMM 3 HD patch from Описание - HoMM3 HD It fixes main bugs and is set to work on new systems without contradictions. But it runs game expansion pack "Shadow of Death" not "Armageddon's blade". But game environment is almost the same.

Windows 10 itself doesn't do anything to run the game without errors. I had to search for workaround by myself. For this case W10 is "gay". Heroes of Might & Magic III runs good only on Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7/8. I mean main original executable without patches.

Problem solved. The case can be considered and closed.

Tomasm21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Functionality of Heroes of Might & Magic III is lost after W10 update - Similar Threads - Functionality Heroes Might

2. i really need help! heroes of might an magic 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i really need help! heroes of might an magic 2: why doesent kompability work on windows if there is that function avaliable? im a fan of old games and i have never ever had any kompability settings work for me. so its usually like 2-4 weeks of reading shady stuff online before i can play an old game like heroes of might...
  3. i really need help! heroes of might an magic 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i really need help! heroes of might an magic 2: why doesent kompability work on windows if there is that function avaliable? im a fan of old games and i have never ever had any kompability settings work for me. so its usually like 2-4 weeks of reading shady stuff online before i can play an old game like heroes of might...
  4. Guitar Hero III changed Windows install usb setup.exe icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guitar Hero III changed Windows install usb setup.exe icon: I installed Guitar Hero III on my pc. I have a usb drive for installing windows. It was not connected at the time I installed GH. When I plugged it in later I see that the setup.exe icon is that of the guitar hero III exe. No other setup.exe's that I can find appear to be...
  5. Broken french keyboard layout Azerty after playing Dark Messiah of Might And Magic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken french keyboard layout Azerty after playing Dark Messiah of Might And Magic: Hi, Here's the issue I'm facing: After playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, I encountered a relatively common bug where a broken french keyboard layout would get installed to the computer. The issue is that being french, it seemed to have corrupted my french keyboard...
  6. lost search function in recent updates.

in Cortana
    lost search function in recent updates.: I recently noticed that the search function in the taskbar stopped working. The taskbar shows search magnifying glass and "Type here to search", but when I enter any text the popup window is totally black. No search results are displayed. The issue seems to have occurred...
  7. Heroes of Might and Magic VII - game crashes while loading a saved game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Heroes of Might and Magic VII - game crashes while loading a saved game: My game crashes while loading a saved game of an auto generated map. I've tried to troubleshoot this bug with the support team of the game manufacturer (Ubisoft). Among other things, they made me reinstall the game, update graphical drivers, BIOS, activate the game in safe...
  8. Lost headphone jack functionality after April update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost headphone jack functionality after April update.: Following the April update, my headphone jack does not work any longer and only the on-board speakers work. How do restore my headphone jack and the separate volume controls for speakers vs. headphones?...
  9. After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space: Hi there, After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware I could find and cleaning the cache/recycling/temp files, etc. I don't know where this extra weight is coming from. Has...
  10. lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.: I updated my Dell tablet this morning to latest build, I immediately lost bluetooth . Not even listed in Device manager. When I ran Bluetooth trouble shoot, the result was that my Atheros Bluetooth UART Transport driver cannot Start ( code10) . I did not try to uninstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. heroes3 win 10 normal screen