Windows 10: Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703

Discus and support Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed 1703 on a few of my computers on Tuesday and in my post-install tuning have discovered some strange behavior. On one of my devices the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shawnkhall, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703

I installed 1703 on a few of my computers on Tuesday and in my post-install tuning have discovered some strange behavior. On one of my devices the scroll wheel on the mouse no longer allows me to scroll in *some* applications, such as the Windows Settings app. Where it fails is always an app that uses the new auto-hiding scrollbar feature.

Here's a couple screen shots that demonstrate the auto-hiding scrollbar behavior (look at the right side scroll bar).

Scrollbar hidden:
    https://12pd.com/s/scroll-hidden.png

Scrollbar visible (on mouse float-over):
    https://12pd.com/s/scroll-visible.png

How do I get my wheel to scroll again?

:)

shawnkhall, Apr 18, 2017

2. Most Hated UI feature

My most hated feature is "auto hide scrollbars", there is no way to disable it and it is creeping in to all MS product.

What's yours?

chrismills.eu, Apr 18, 2017
  3. mcb0035 Win User
    Hide taskbar in Windows 10

I have the taskbar option "Auto-hide the taskbar" checked in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", but the taskbar never disappears. What triggers auto-hide? Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide the taskbar? I have tried clicking outside the taskbar,
    disabling notifications, minimizing all apps, and restarting my computer. Many apps have buttons, scrollbars, etc. at the bottom which can only be used in windowed mode since they are covered by the taskbar in fullscreen mode.

mcb0035, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703

1. Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703 - Similar Threads - Funky auto hiding

2. Scrollbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrollbar: Can anyone solve this for me? I'm seeing a vertical scrollbar on everything I've even noticed it on CMD. I haven't messed with my graphics settings and can't say when this first started. submitted by /u/Skinnykins8 [link] [comments]...
  3. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  4. Can you hide scrollbar in new Edge somehow

Can you hide scrollbar in new Edge somehow: I want it gone. Ideally completely. If not possible I'd like it to be hidden at least when not in use. I used PC without touch (mouse and keyboard). submitted by /u/ohshrimp [link] [comments]...
  5. Taskbar won't auto hide

Taskbar won't auto hide: I try'd Taskbar settings, and I try'd to reset windows explorer both did not work. submitted by /u/lostFate95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enym5v/taskbar_wont_auto_hide/
  6. How Do I Hide The Vertical Scrollbar In File Exploer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Hide The Vertical Scrollbar In File Exploer?: Hello, Can someone please tell me how to hide the vertical up and down bar to the right in file explorer, and expand the page as well? Thank You For Your Help...
  7. Auto hide scrollbars

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide scrollbars: How to stop scrollbars from hiding? 99184
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Hide powershell scrollbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide powershell scrollbar.: Hello ! I scroll in my powershell using either sihft + arrow keys of pgup and pgdown. How can I disable the scrollbar ? I don't need it. 22940
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...