Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

Discus and support Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 11, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.

Nowadays I know where most eveyrthing came from but having just added a macrium PE boot menu, some files were added to my C drive and I noticed something that had been there that escaped me.

The file has no extension and is just called E3083D9DB0B3.

Its 40 bytes in size and owned by SYSTEM.

If i open it with notepad, all it has is 74563B95405AC195C1994F826B99030D51810E2C

Thats it.

What are my options? It was created 3 months ago and modified/accessed last the same exact day and time. Its hidden but not of the superhidden OS variety. Just plain jane hidden.

Advise!

:)

klepp0906, Jun 11, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 11, 2018
  3. ThofikhAhamad Win User
    Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? - Similar Threads - Funky file ascertain

1. Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look

in Windows 10 Support
    Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look: Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Redstone 5 update that will bring a dark theme to the File Explorer, along with some other refinements. File Explorer is getting an update later this year, but more or less it will look same. It’s likely that one day Microsoft will implement...
  2. Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files

in Windows 10 Support
    Quicklook app for Windows 10 lets you preview files: In OS X, you can select a file and press Space for a quick preview of it, just like how you can preview app window in Windows 10. Previewing a file is something that you can’t do natively in Windows 10. While Microsoft appears to be not interested in such a feature, for the...
  3. Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?: Windows 10 Pro v1803 I'm sure when I first used File History with Windows 8.x or Windows 10 (can't quite remember) it backed up everything then backed up news files plus copies of changed files. I noticed the other day loads of files were missing in the File History backup...
  4. Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP: My old Gateway failed. Today I purchased a new HP Pavilion 570-p023w. It sees my two USB 1 T drives straight away. I put the old Gateway boot/ file drive a 500 gig Seagate Barracuda Sata in a Rrosewill RX308. external USB enclosure. The HP does not recognize it. What do...
  5. Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security

in Windows 10 Support
    Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security: I am a registered user of Norton, and although it claims to be compatible with Windows 10 I am running into a strange problem. This actually affects Chrome, not Windows 10, and it only happens occasionally after waking from sleep. Basically, if Norton is running and I try...
  6. Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703: I installed 1703 on a few of my computers on Tuesday and in my post-install tuning have discovered some strange behavior. On one of my devices the scroll wheel on the mouse no longer allows me to scroll in *some* applications, such as the Windows Settings app. Where it fails...
  7. Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Cursor Looks Funky: I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's really big and unintuitive) Not only that, but it also looks funky when it's in "hand" state. Thankfully, it still looks OK in...
Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? solved