Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

Discus and support Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 10, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.

Nowadays I know where most eveyrthing came from but having just added a macrium PE boot menu, some files were added to my C drive and I noticed something that had been there that escaped me.

The file has no extension and is just called E3083D9DB0B3.

Its 40 bytes in size and owned by SYSTEM.

If i open it with notepad, all it has is 74563B95405AC195C1994F826B99030D51810E2C

Thats it.

What are my options? It was created 3 months ago and modified/accessed last the same exact day and time. Its hidden but not of the superhidden OS variety. Just plain jane hidden.

Advise!

:)

klepp0906, Jun 10, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 11, 2018
  3. ThofikhAhamad Win User
    Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? - Similar Threads - Funky file ascertain

2. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  3. how do I fix opencl.dll problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I fix opencl.dll problems: how do I fix opencl.dll problem, "OpenCL.dll not found" or "OpenCL.dll file can't read" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-fix-opencldll-problems/135f31c2-4935-419b-a2b3-49fb11215dbd
  4. Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?: Hello, Online searches give me no good information about whatsnewapp.exe, which is at c:\windows\systemapps\. The first search result points to a known malware site (spywareremove dot com). Is this whatsnewapp.exe part of Windows? What function does it perform? I can't...
  5. Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?: Hi folks. Occasionally I experience BSOD, and in a previous question from me (for various reasons did not get a response in the thread) my problem is the event will not be written as a dump file. My computer has 64 GB or internal RAM, which I have set the minimum page wrap...
  6. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  7. File Error 1073740791

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Error 1073740791: Started getting this error after the Windows 10 April 2018 update. Can document that fact. I had used the "Run as Administrator selection" to get backups on my financial software. I also noticed that the X on the window had stopped working on some things. I'm trying to...
  8. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  9. How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death: [ATTACH] Whenever a Windows computer runs into an error, it shows a BSOD or a Blue Screen of Death. This screen usually comes up for a fraction of second, creates some logs or Dump Files as many other people refer and then suddenly [...] This post How to configure Windows 10...
  10. How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When a critical error is encountered by the Windows operating system, the system throws a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This Blue Screen of Death then throws in the error code on the bottom left region and then reboots the [...] This post How to disable Automatic...