Windows 10: Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

Discus and support Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 10, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.

Nowadays I know where most eveyrthing came from but having just added a macrium PE boot menu, some files were added to my C drive and I noticed something that had been there that escaped me.

The file has no extension and is just called E3083D9DB0B3.

Its 40 bytes in size and owned by SYSTEM.

If i open it with notepad, all it has is 74563B95405AC195C1994F826B99030D51810E2C

Thats it.

What are my options? It was created 3 months ago and modified/accessed last the same exact day and time. Its hidden but not of the superhidden OS variety. Just plain jane hidden.

Advise!

:)

klepp0906, Jun 10, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

1. Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? - Similar Threads - Funky file ascertain

2. How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files: Dear MS ,How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-safety-scanner-virus/adc17857-40e2-46f1-a09c-2a04880ecdc1
  3. How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files: Dear MS ,How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-safety-scanner-virus/adc17857-40e2-46f1-a09c-2a04880ecdc1
  4. How to locate the error log file after crash of the Windows 10 and to ascertain the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to locate the error log file after crash of the Windows 10 and to ascertain the cause: My system is a Windows 10 Pro 21H2 version installed in Asrock Extreme Z170 with i7-6700, 8 GB RAM 2133, 150GB SSD.It happened to start crashing suddenly since a few days ago. Tried to enter into safe mode as well as system restore. But the processes are haphazard and failed...
  5. How to locate the error log file after crash of the Windows 10 and to ascertain the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to locate the error log file after crash of the Windows 10 and to ascertain the cause: My system is a Windows 10 Pro 21H2 version installed in Asrock Extreme Z170 with i7-6700, 8 GB RAM 2133, 150GB SSD.It happened to start crashing suddenly since a few days ago. Tried to enter into safe mode as well as system restore. But the processes are haphazard and failed...
  6. How to locate the error log file after crash of the Windows 10 and to ascertain the cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. funky file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    funky file: i found a file on one drive it is unconfirmed21254.crdownload does anyone what this is?....thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/funky-file/4f7a84e2-739b-4604-a4dd-8a0282e1e7a6
  8. Delete files C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete files C Drive: I have 6 files in my C drive. I am wondering if I can delete. If I can, what is the best way to do this? Such as in Safe Mode. See picture I have run the Disk Cleanup and rebooted and they are still there. I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 [ATTACH] I believe they were put...
  9. funky start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    funky start up: Every time I close all my apps, and then do a normal shut down of my Windows 10 computer, when I turn it back on a day or so later, it reopens any program or web pages that were open before I closed all the apps prior to shut down. How do I stop this!?...
  10. Funky Mouse on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Funky Mouse on Keyboard: Every time I swipe from left to right on my mouse, the task bar appears. How do I turn this off? Also, randomly my mouse on the screen will freeze and then swipe across the entire screen pressing things I didn't press. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!...