Windows 10: Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

Discus and support Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 10, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix.

Nowadays I know where most eveyrthing came from but having just added a macrium PE boot menu, some files were added to my C drive and I noticed something that had been there that escaped me.

The file has no extension and is just called E3083D9DB0B3.

Its 40 bytes in size and owned by SYSTEM.

If i open it with notepad, all it has is 74563B95405AC195C1994F826B99030D51810E2C

Thats it.

What are my options? It was created 3 months ago and modified/accessed last the same exact day and time. Its hidden but not of the superhidden OS variety. Just plain jane hidden.

Advise!

:)

klepp0906, Jun 10, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 11, 2018
  3. ThofikhAhamad Win User
    Family Safety on Windows 10 Child Account permanently out of time

Hello,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. As you have tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C: > open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

1. Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete? - Similar Threads - Funky file ascertain

2. how to delete C:\streamerdata\sosta\newcpuchecker.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to delete C:\streamerdata\sosta\newcpuchecker.exe: After finishing reboot, pc shows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-cstreamerdatasostanewcpucheckerexe/f6af17f2-3867-4692-a741-52f62a6c2495"
  3. How to recover the deleted files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover the deleted files?: Hi, I have deleted my photos/videos from my saved desktop by incidentally and these files are not shown in the recycle bin to recover them back to the original saved location. Anyone could you please advice me how can I recover all these deleted files back? Thanks for...
  4. How to delete users from C:\ drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete users from C:\ drive: Hi, I have searched available option from the community but could not happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-delete-users-from-c-drive/54706a6c-a5a6-4a18-b2f6-c0dbe7893ff7"
  5. How To Find And Delete Unnecessary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How To Find And Delete Unnecessary Files?: Hi all, I want to find and delete files that are taking up space. I mainly want to find large files that I'm unaware of. I've already run the Windows 10 app "Disk Clean Up" and it deleted about 2GB worth of files. Any help would be great! 67680
  6. How to delete C:\Windows.old(1) folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete C:\Windows.old(1) folder: I had problems with Windows and did a in-place upgrade which took C:\Windows.old and changed it to C:\Windows.old(1) while creating a new C:\Windows.old. Disk Cleanup got rid of C:\Windows.old but how do I get rid of C:\Windows.old(1)? 27159
  7. How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller: How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges. 15460
  8. How to accelerate deleting of files / folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to accelerate deleting of files / folder?: Removing files / folder from an external drive, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, and internal drive (to the recycle bin and permanently) lasts extremely long. About 1 million files take about 20, 30 hours or longer using USB 3.0, removing them from an external USB 3 hdd, WD 4 TB. How...
  9. How to recover deleted files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover deleted files?: I have deleted some of my important files by mistake. It is not there in recycle bin as it was cleared by my friend . What I do now? Is there any way to recover it? 59311
  10. Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Cursor Looks Funky: I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's really big and unintuitive) Not only that, but it also looks funky when it's in "hand" state. Thankfully, it still looks OK in...