Windows 10: Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security

Discus and support Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am a registered user of Norton, and although it claims to be compatible with Windows 10 I am running into a strange problem. This actually affects... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thunderclap, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security

I am a registered user of Norton, and although it claims to be compatible with Windows 10 I am running into a strange problem. This actually affects Chrome, not Windows 10, and it only happens occasionally after waking from sleep.

Basically, if Norton is running and I try to start Chrome it won't. Even if I kill the Chrome tasks under task manager it won't work. I have to either log out or reboot and only then with Chrome work again. If I uninstall Norton this never happens.

Has anyone else experienced this before? If so, are there any solutions?

:)

thunderclap, Sep 14, 2015
  2. sleepvidi Win User

Nokia Software Updater & Nokia Ovi Suite can't connect with service upgrade of Nokia Servers

Thanks for your help, the problem was that the latest updates

of Norton Internet Security 2011 had damaged the engine motor of

Firewall. The solution was to uninstall and reinstall Norton

Internet Security 2011.

sleepvidi, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Windows Defender Definitions update problems

Is Windows 10 Version 1607, OS Build 1607.693 currently installed?

How did you come to the conclusion that Defender, not your computer, was the problem?

If Defender wasn't working properly, how have you determined that the Norton application is working properly?

Norton Internet Security has been replaced by
    Norton Security Deluxe
    [sic]. Where/how did you obtain Norton Internet Security?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security

Have you tried uninstalling chrome, rebooting and then reinstalling chrome with Norton running?

Snakeyes, Sep 14, 2015
  5. I don't recall if I have. I'll give that a try when I get home tonight. What would that accomplish though?

thunderclap, Sep 14, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    I run chrome and Nortons 360 with no problem, so it they can work together. like snakeyes said, trying uninstalling chrome reboot then reinstall. I actually uninstall nortons about once a year just to gain more hard drive space, because it doesn't remove updates. You can only use Nortons uninstall program to completely remove Norton thou.

OldMike65, Sep 14, 2015
  7. Snakeyes Win User
    Clearly there is a conflict between Norton and your Chrome. By reinstalling Chrome with Norton running, there is a good chance that the new installation will not have that conflict. Since many users of Norton and Chrome are not facing the same issue , including myself, something different in the install could be causing your issue.

Snakeyes, Sep 14, 2015
  8. part Win User

Norton antivirus is the ****ing one ,
    Worst one .
    When i installed norton internet security
    Windows 10 , pc starts creating problems so i uninstalled it and restart my pc . After that no apps are opening
    And i have to reset pc all updates were gone
    Norton is ****ing on i hate it

9. Borg 386 Win User
    Not to put you off, but you might want to check the Norton forums to see if anyone else is experiencing similar problems. Or submit a ticket there.

As was mentioned above, lots of other people are running Norton on 10 with Chrome & not having issues. Since you are obviously having problems, maybe you should run a SFC to see if something needs fixing on the OS. A corrupt file could be causing problems with Nortons engine.

Are you having any other issues aside from the browser problem?

Also worth mentioning, some people were reporting problems with getting browsers to open if they were running MBAE or EMET.

Borg 386, Nov 20, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Plus their is only ONE way to uninstall Nortons correctly, and that is using Nortons uninstall utility from Norton. Doing it any other way will not completely uninstall Norton. Also if you are running a recent copy that is not expired, you can get online support from Norton for FREE. I've been running Norton for years, No problems as long as you install it correctly, or....uninstall it correctly. I also run chrome, and IE11 along with Malwarebytes....Again no problems.

OldMike65, Nov 20, 2015
  11. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Funky Problem with Norton Internet Security - Similar Threads - Funky Problem Norton

2. Norton Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  3. Windows 10 computer - Norton Internet Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 computer - Norton Internet Security: I read several posts about incompatibility between Norton Security and Windows 10. I am not a tech person, so when I purchased a Dell Windows 10 computer I assumed I would need to download/upgrade my Norton subscription. Based on the posts, my understanding is Microsoft Edge...
  4. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  5. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  6. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  7. To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10

To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10: I appreciate that the experts here dislike Norton but I need to check if any NIS users are having problems with these: 1. New Search facility (when wanting to add a snip/picture to your post) - previously all I had to do was click Search and go to my folder in my OneDrive....
  8. Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security

Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security: I would like to get some opinions regarding Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security. I've been around computers a long time and I know that every time you turn around there's a new "king of the hill" when it comes to Security Software so I realize that...
  9. Safely Uninstall Norton Internet Security?

Safely Uninstall Norton Internet Security?: Since installing Norton I've got two financial websites that I can't log into with IE-11 or MS Edge. Both browsers exhibit the exact same behavior. Both browsers allow me to log in to the sites and I'm immediately logged back out! Been through all the usual routines with no...
  10. Norton Internet Security 2015

Norton Internet Security 2015: I tried to install Norton Internet security on a friends pc, his is Windows 10 Home x 32bit. Message says incompatible. I read elsewhere Norton does not like edge browser either. How can I get rid of edge and use Internet Explorer as the browser and how can I bring back...