Windows 10: Further to Previous Thread re "Function Discovery Print Provider Dll s

Discus and support Further to Previous Thread re "Function Discovery Print Provider Dll s in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Printer Epson Stylus S20 been standing for several years, as a printer it has a use for my son's laptop. to print his Repetitive lists, being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billz, Feb 12, 2017.

1. billz Win User

Further to Previous Thread re "Function Discovery Print Provider Dll s

I have a Printer Epson Stylus S20 been standing for several years, as a printer it has a use for my son's laptop. to print his Repetitive lists, being severely autistic. A scanner would treble the quantity all the same, as a work of art, that would have mostly to be burnt eventually.
    Having down loaded the latest driver. I can see that the Inks read Full on colour and about 90% on Black and I have further stocks. I am expecting to encounter ink flow problems , but I cannot even change the inks but get the FDPP Dll message and Windows fails to find a solution.
    Nearly a year ago - The Forum considered this problem and solved for some.
    HoweverI have a Printer Epson Stylus S20 been standing for several years, as a printer it has a use for my son's laptop. to print his Repetitive lists, being severely autistic. A scanner would treble the quantity all the same, as a work of art, that would have most to be burnt eventually.
    Having down loaded the latest driver. I can see that the Inks read Full on colour and about 90% on Black and I have further stocks. I am expecting to encounter ink flow problems , but I cannot even change the inks but get the FDPP Dll message and Windows fails to find a solution. and I am afraid Epson best advice does not relate to Windows 10 -
    Nearly a year ago - The solution seemed to be supplied by hTconeM9user As below
    Try this fix- Hope it works

Click Start, This I had done and into Cortana
    Search for cmd.exe Typed cmd.exe
    Click on Run as Administrator Run as Administrator?This gets permission screen Then administrator command prompt screen C:\windows\system32>
    Type C:\ This gets “C:\” is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable file or batch file –
    Typing just C: Press Enter.gets C:\windows\system32>
    Here I have stopped for the time being=============================================

I can recognise this as MS dos we used about 30years ago
    Type CD\Windows\System32\Spool
    Press Enter.
    Type Cacls.exe PRINTERS /e /g users:C
    Press Enter.
    Restart the computer
    As there is a reference to System 32 and not presumably the 64bit reference can I:-
    Use the above on a W10 64bit PC, without affecting my existing Epson XP-412 Scanner printer? This transferred across when I bought the latest PC from W.7. to W.10.
    Or is there anything that refers to a 64bit instruction in the Command it’s \the system 32\ that worries me?
    Can I use a 32bit Printer on a 64 bit PC?

:)

billz, Feb 12, 2017

2. Printer problem "FDPrint.DLL has stopped working".

I am getting the message "Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopped working". I have been able to print a test page, but when I try to print a large document the printer just does not work. How can I solve this problem If it is a DLL file causing
    it.

rowanthree, Feb 12, 2017
  3. Function discovery print provider dll has stopped working - Windows 10

Hi Eva,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue by yourself. We will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps given in the below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 12, 2017
  4. billz Win User

I have gone a little further into the problem, It is possible that System 32 is a microsoft sin bin. however The relevant information is that Calcs.exe should be Icalcs.exe . see the copy of my attempt so far, made just in case I mess up my PC I will know just what I did.
    Administrator: Command Prompt
    Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.14393]
    (c)2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:WINDOWS|system32.spool
    “spool” is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    C:WINDOWS\system32>cd\windows\system32\spool
    C:\windows\system32\spool>Cacls.exe PRINTERS /e/g users:C (should be Cacls) (CACLS) ..............................................exe-space-PRINTERS-space-/e/g-space-users:C
    NOTE: Cacls is now depreciated, please use Icacls. (icacLs)
    Displays or modifies access control lists(ACLS) of files
    CACLS filename [/T] [/M [/L] [/S[:SDDL]] [/E] [/C] [/G user*Tongueerm] [/R user [...]] [/P user*Tongueerm [... ]] [/D] user [...]]
    Filename Displays ACLs.
    /T Changes ACLs of specified files in the current directory and all subdirectories.
    /L Work on the symbolic Link itself versus the target
    /M Changes ACLs of volumes mounted to a directory
    /S Displays the SDDL string for the DACL.
    /S:SDDL Replaces the ACLs with those specificied in the SDDL string (not valid with /E, /G, /R, /P, or /D).
    /E Edit ACL instead of replacing it.
    /C Continue on access denied errors.
    /G user*Tongueerm Grant specified user access rights. Perm can be
    R Read - W Write - C Change (Write) - F Full control
    /R user Revoke specified user’s access rights (only valid with /E).
    /P user*Tongueerm Replace specified user’s access rights. Perm can be
    N None – R Read - W Write – C Change (write) – F Full control
    /D user Deny specified user access. – Wildcards can be used to specify more than one user in a command.
    You can specify more than one user in a command.
    Abbreviations: C I – Container Inherit. The Ace will be inherited by directories.
    O I - Object Inherit. The Ace will be inherited by files. I O – Inherit Only. The ACE does not apply
    to the current file/directory. I D- inherited. The ACE was inherited from the parent directory’s ACL
    C:\Windows\System32\spool.
    I have done a restart and it's still the same message. I have given up on the project now and will get a replacement. Job Done already. Good luck to readers. I am defeated. by software. If you can crack the puzzle let me know. Out of interest to the website why have you put the Yuks emojies on the (*Tongue)erm words. it was copied exactly from Windows Administrator warts and all. Have a colon on me as an emojie : in front of a perm

billz, Feb 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Further to Previous Thread re "Function Discovery Print Provider Dll s - Similar Threads - Further Previous Thread

2. Function Discovery Provider Host using 90% + of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Discovery Provider Host using 90% + of CPU: My PC: has slowed to snail pace and i think it is because of this: PC Details:Device name G ..... P Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usable Device ID Product ID System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen...
  3. Function Discovery Provider Host using 90% + of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Discovery Provider Host using 90% + of CPU: My PC: has slowed to snail pace and i think it is because of this: PC Details:Device name G ..... P Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usable Device ID Product ID System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen...
  4. Function Discovery Provider Host using 90% + of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Function Discovery Provider Host MS serice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function Discovery Provider Host MS serice: My PC Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID 74DC40EA-E2BC-41E2-8CBB-B90923DF7FDB Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA530 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen support...
  6. Function Discovery Provider Host Stops running

Function Discovery Provider Host Stops running: Function Discovery Provider HostFunction Discovery Resource Publication Both or one not really sure seem to stop working after a period of time, requiring me to Manually Restart them This happen on two of my computer that run 24 - 7 I'm working with 5 computer network MS...
  7. Function Discovery Provider Host Problems on Start-up or Restart

Function Discovery Provider Host Problems on Start-up or Restart: Hello, I was experiencing problems with viewing a computer on my network. After searching and troubleshooting, I found the problem was linked to the Function Discovery Provider Host service. Even after making sure it was running and set to Automatic / Automatic Delayed...
  8. Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...: KB4516061 caused an issue last week with printing (specifically with HP Laserjet M118dw) at multiple locations. Uninstalled and problem went away. Now KB4524152 appears to have caused the same issue again. First error "Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping...
  9. Function Discovery Provider Host randomly stops

Function Discovery Provider Host randomly stops: I have set up the 4 primary network related services as "Automatic - delayed start" on my local systems to get them networked properly. These services are (1) "Function Discovery Provider Host", (2) "Function Discovery Resource Publication", (3) "SSDP Discovery", and (4)...
  10. Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?

Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?: Hello, I run Win 10 Version 1803 build 17134. 165. The Service Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning itself off and when that happens, sharing functionality is broken. I had it set to Automatic, and started it but it kept turning off. I also tried setting it...