Windows 10: Future Edge Updates

Discus and support Future Edge Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Edge browser to decouple from Windows 10 and receive more frequent features updates via the Store. Don't know that this will be enough to increase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by mrgeek, May 6, 2017.

1. mrgeek Win User

Future Edge Updates

Edge browser to decouple from Windows 10 and receive more frequent features updates via the Store. Don't know that this will be enough to increase market share but step in right direction.

http://www.computerworld.com/article...indows-10.html

"Users will finally be able to get updates to the Edge browser via the Windows Store, which will allow Microsoft to add new features more frequently," ... Since the mid-2015 launch of Windows 10, Edge feature updates have been limited to the times when the operating system itself was upgraded. ... Edge, like its predecessor Internet Explorer, receives monthly security updates that patch vulnerabilities.

Woods said that the change would take place in September, when Microsoft is scheduled to ship the next Windows 10 feature upgrade.

:)

mrgeek, May 6, 2017

2. McAfee reports Microsoft Edge is unsecure

Read the first line in
    this

"At this time, extensions aren’t available in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update."

Mike Hall... always, May 6, 2017
  3. future updates

what are the future updates for nokia symbian belle 1st generation?

adnan_phoenix, May 6, 2017
  4. recruit2 Win User

Future Edge Updates

Excellent news, yes they really need to do something. I'm still seeing bugs that have been around for like over a year and it's really frustrating because I want this browser to succeed.

recruit2, May 6, 2017
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    This is great news and about time.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Future Edge Updates

1. Future Edge Updates - Similar Threads - Future Edge Updates

2. Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ryj3yt/scrolling_in_microsoft_edge_could_be_smoother_in/
  3. Microsoft Edge and Office could be more deeply integrated in the future.

Microsoft Edge and Office could be more deeply integrated in the future.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qqnuke/microsoft_edge_and_office_could_be_more_deeply/
  4. Microsoft Edge could have a new Sharing menu in the future.

Microsoft Edge could have a new Sharing menu in the future.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o6llm3/microsoft_edge_could_have_a_new_sharing_menu_in/
  5. is it possible to disable future MANDATORY updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is it possible to disable future MANDATORY updates?: windows is forcing updates on end of life builds. is there a trick to override this mandatory update ? 177966
  6. #MSIgnite 2021: Pivoting to the future with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2021: Pivoting to the future with Microsoft Edge: In what feels like an era ago, work was tethered to the office. Fast forward to today—consider work officially untethered. In this once-in-a-lifetime sea change, IT leaders like yourself have the opportunity to rethink your environments, from what security should...
  7. Is it safe to remove the future update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it safe to remove the future update?: Hello. I'm having problems with Windows 10 1909 version and it's been more than 10 days so I can't do the roll back option. Someone suggested that I delete this: Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1909 via Enablement Package KB4517245 I've deleted Windows.old folder. If...
  8. Feature for next/future windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature for next/future windows update.: The latest features in the 1809 version of windows has some neat phone integration features and finally a dark theme for apps, good on you! However it'd nice to be able to pause a windows update. When you check for updates you automatically begin the process of downloading...
  9. Advancing the future of society with AI and the intelligent edge

in Windows 10 News
    Advancing the future of society with AI and the intelligent edge: The world is a computer, filled with an incredible amount of data. By 2020, the average person will generate 1.5GB of data a day, a smart home 50GB and a smart city, a whopping 250 petabytes of data per day. This data presents an enormous opportunity for developers — giving...
  10. Future Update (Not Upgrade) Cost (If any)

in Windows 10 Support
    Future Update (Not Upgrade) Cost (If any): I read lots of mail on how the Upgrade is FREE, but nowhere do I see anything about the cost (or no cost) of Windows 10 Updates. Is that policy spelled out anywhere of do I just wait and hope ?? Thanks, rs 9171