Windows 10: Future Video card upgrade options

Discus and support Future Video card upgrade options in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All Asus M32BC-01 AMD FX 8310 8 Core Processor 8gb of ram currently Radeon R7 240 Video card Thinking of getting some R9 video card in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by AMDMan2016, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Future Video card upgrade options

Hi All

Asus M32BC-01

AMD FX 8310 8 Core Processor
    8gb of ram currently
    Radeon R7 240 Video card

Thinking of getting some R9 video card in the future, I know i'll have to upgrade the power supply first though, as this 300 watt power supply won't cut it, Is it possible to use an AMD dual slot card right above wireless/Bluetooth card or will that cause issues, should I attempt to find another slot for the wireless card when I do the video card upgrade? Most AMD cards lately are dual slot, (Current card single slot) Just wanna plan for the future, and work on saving money to afford what I need for future.

:)

AMDMan2016, Jun 26, 2016

2. Install Apps to a MicroSD Card on Windows 10

I have upgraded my Tablet to Windows 10 and the options to save Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos to the MicroSD Card is available but the option to Install Applications to the MicroSD Card is 'greyed out'.

Should I be able to save Applications to the MicroSD Card, like on my Windows Phone?

Will this option be possible in a future Windows Update?

Unisurf Tablet 16GB Ram

Kingston 64 GB MicroSD Card

regards

MrMikeReynolds, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Ed30809 Win User
    Windows upgrade doesn't recognize upgraded hardware

I checked my hardware for the upgrade and my video card wouldn't support WIN10. I upgraded my video card but the upgrade doesn't recognize the new card and still tells me that I've got my old card installed. The option to check my PC is no longer available.
    Is there another way to have the upgrade package recheck my PC?

Ed30809, Jun 26, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Future Video card upgrade options

As far as I see, you have only one PCIe x16 slot and one mini PCIe where your WiFi/BT card is. Most more powerful video cards are dual slot (they take space of two slots) because of need for better cooling. Can't see on the site but if that mini PCIe slot is closer than two spaces of PCIe slots, you are going to have problem fitting anything in it. It's just because of physical space, not because of interference.
    If you must, you can always switch to USB WiFi and/or BT devices, there are some really small, scarcely larger than USB plug itself.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-...&skuId=2890435

TINY USB 2.0 WIRELESS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER DONGLE: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

Btw, take a look at new Rx 470/480 cards coming out in a few days, they should be better deal that R9 and use less power.

CountMike, Jun 27, 2016
  5. Will take a look at Rx 470/480, (provided I can even afford those) Bluetooth is only part I really use on Desktop, don't even use the AC wifi functions of wifi/Bluetooth card, so if need be, i'll go for usb adapter for the Bluetooth part whenever I'm ready to upgrade video card. First thought Power Supply upgrade/Bluetooth usb adapter, then video card eventually, then possibly SSD down the line. At least this system more upgradeable then my old HP APU based system lol

AMDMan2016, Jun 27, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    That's what I hate about those brand name computers, not easy to upgrade and generally poor BIOS options. was just looking about Rx470, should be $149 US. Rx480 at about $199 for 4GB models..

CountMike, Jun 27, 2016
  7. Yeah well it's ok, old custom builds didn't have a warranty on years ago, and had major problems, so in 2012 went back to HP built and then first Asus--January 2016, Of course the old major problems on old custom build i'm sure was my fault lol, Decent prices for those video cards, now just to save save save so can afford

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Future Video card upgrade options

1. Future Video card upgrade options - Similar Threads - Future Video card

2. can i upgrade my video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade my video card: i have attached the full file of didiag below____________________________________________------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 7/11/2022, 18:15:27 Machine name: *insert pc name* Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 6.1, Build 7601...
  3. can i upgrade my video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade my video card: i have attached the full file of didiag below____________________________________________------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 7/11/2022, 18:15:27 Machine name: *insert pc name* Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 6.1, Build 7601...
  4. Future deprecation of virtual smart cards

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Future deprecation of virtual smart cards: Hello,On https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/virtual-smart-cards/virtual-smart-card-overview, there is the following note:Windows Hello for Business is the modern, two-factor authentication for Windows 10. Microsoft will be deprecating...
  5. Future deprecation of virtual smart cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future deprecation of virtual smart cards: Hello,On https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/virtual-smart-cards/virtual-smart-card-overview, there is the following note:Windows Hello for Business is the modern, two-factor authentication for Windows 10. Microsoft will be deprecating...
  6. Future deprecation of virtual smart cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed: I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes everything way to small for my old eyes to see. What I need advice on, since it's obviously been awhile since I've purchased a new...
  8. Video Card Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Card Upgrade: can I upgrade video card on HP Pavillion P6 2103wb? HP specs page says "Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed" and "Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x16 slot are usable at one time; they are not usable concurrently". does that mean i...
  9. Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors

Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors: I have the money to get a nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb card, but not the money to get new monitors. I'm looking for a recommendation as to how to connect the monitors. The both have a VGA and DVI-D ports. The cards are usually 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 3 DisplayPort. The choices I see...
  10. Video Card Upgrade

Video Card Upgrade: I have an PNY Nvidia GT240 in my Windows 10 machine. A friend of mine has a 550 Ti for sale. Outside of more memory ,512 vs 1 Gb, and speed, is there any new features available with the Nvidia 550 Ti over the GT240? 36399