Windows 10: FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78

Discus and support FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the past few days when I was sending e-mail I was getting the error 0x800CCC78 with the message something along the lines of server returned... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Dec 14, 2016.

1. FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78

For the past few days when I was sending e-mail I was getting the error 0x800CCC78 with the message something along the lines of server returned 454.4.1.0 requested action aborted. I tested sending e-mail with Windows Mail and had no problem so I figure the problem must be with Outlook 2016. Looking up that error code on the Internet provided several suggestions and the suggestion that worked for me was using MicrosoftEasyFix 20101 to repair my PST file. Once I repaired the PST file I was able to send e-mail again.

I wonder what caused this corruption of my PST data file after many years of no such problem? Does anyone know if there is a size limit on the PST data file? I am guessing that is the cause of my problem. I have now reduced the size of my PST data file by 80% by allowing Outlook to archive my old messages. I will miss being able to easily search all my e-mail. *Sad

:)

alkaufmann, Dec 14, 2016

2. Chronic soft freezes in Windows 10

System working fine so far...despite the fact my Microsoft Outlook 2016 freezed twice for less than 10 secs since the moment I installed the IRST, I do not believe this has some to do with the freezing issue we are seeing here...it asked me to update my
    Office 2016, which I did and no freezing yet...

FYI, on the two times my Outlook freezed, all the rest was working fine (Chrome, SO, etc)...

Tiago AugustoLippi Garbin, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Samsung Smart Switch Sync fails in Windows 10

Just wanted to confirm that executing Smart Switch on Windows 10 and trying to sync my Galaxy S3 contacts to Outlook 2016 failed too. I uninstalled Smart Switch, then right-clicked on the Smart Switch .exe installer and changed it to install in Windows
    8 compatibility mode. It installed correctly and was able to sync my S3 contacts to Outlook. I had outlook closed when I performed the sync as an fyi...

Eric Edberg, Dec 14, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78

I think the limit for an outlook data file is 2 GB but I have had issues even before reaching that size. I believe that you can search an outlook archive file the same was the active data file. I think you just use the advanced search and specify the archive file to search. FYI I manually archived by creating an archive file by year and the just using the move comments to move messages are folders into the selected archive.

SoFine409, Dec 14, 2016
  5. snoopy51 Win User
    There are two format for PST. ANSI (97-2002) or UNICODE (Outlook Data File).
    For ANSI (97-2002) size limit is 2 GB where as for UNICODE it depends on the version of Outlook you are using!

For Outlook 2003 and 2007, the max size is 20 GB. For Outlook 2010 and 2016, the max size is 50 GB.

snoopy51, Dec 15, 2016
  6. Thanks for that information. I am using Outlook 2016 and my problems seem to have started when the size for the PST file was almost 1GB. I also had an archive PST file that was almost 1GB. MicrosoftEasyFix did find a few problems to fix; maybe that totally fixed all my e-mail problems but just to be sure, by manually archiving, I reduced the size of my PST file down to 250 MB.

alkaufmann, Dec 15, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    Depending on your machine configuration, I found that once you reach about 12-13 GB on the PST, you start to have a little performance problem.
    One of my friend reach that magic marker and complaint about slow response from Outlook 2013. I have him archive and reduce the PST to 7 GB. The performance problem disappeared.

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78

1. FYI Outlook 2016 0x800CCC78 - Similar Threads - FYI Outlook 2016

2. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016: I just downloaded Office 2016. I am trying to go to the Outlook Page so I can set up the email. Cannot get unto outlook at all. After hitting outlook page it shows it asks to input my email etc. I am at my witts end for the last two days trying to remedy this. Any help...
  3. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  4. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  5. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  6. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2016: Attempted to move an inbox message in Outlook (containing PDF attachments) to a named folder. During the procedure a rapid flicker and the message disappeared ( as the late Tommy Cooper might have said -"just like that"! ) What happened? Any chance of recovering the message?...
  7. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016: I just recently tried to create a new e-mail account. I was unable to do so since the usual screens to input the new e-mail address, incoming and and outgoing server information where not available. This all because of damage caused by the last Win. 10 update ver. 1809. I...
  8. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  9. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: mail is stuck in my outbox tried deleting my OST file and it works for one send tried sfc/scannow - did'nt come up with any faults completely reloaded Office - no difference receive messages is ok anyone got an idea john 78056
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...