Windows 10: FYI RivaTuner causes Windows Firewall Control to crash.

Discus and support FYI RivaTuner causes Windows Firewall Control to crash. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Update: After uninstalling the version of Rivatuner that comes packaged with MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 I found a much newer version here Download: Guru3D... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sqrly, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Sqrly Win User

FYI RivaTuner causes Windows Firewall Control to crash.

Update: After uninstalling the version of Rivatuner that comes packaged with MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 I found a much newer version here Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.0.0 Beta that works fine without causing problems with Windows Firewall Control.

Just wanted to share the solution to a problem I ran into.

I use MSI Afterburner. It installs and uses RivaTuner for monitoring FPS and to add some video capture tools.

I also use Windows Firewall Control from binisoft.org to take control of my firewall away from windows and give it back to me.

Short version, Rivatuner causes WFC to crash unless you disable application detection which makes it completely useless. It blocks WFC from accessing the GPU to render WFC.

So after installing Afterburner, you have to uninstall Rivatuner, then WFC works fine.

:)

Sqrly, Jul 23, 2017

2. McAfee firewall turns itself off

FWIW and FYI:

Windows Defender is an Anti-Virus program and does not control the Windows firewall service.

Jsssssssss, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 creators update app crashes

Same Issue... Many Of My Apps Stopped Working and Crashes on Start...

GTA V is Not Opening

ASUS RemoteLink is Not Working

Pot Player Can't Play Video

RivaTuner From MSI AfterBurner Not Working

TanJidul Hossain, Jul 23, 2017
Thema:

FYI RivaTuner causes Windows Firewall Control to crash.

1. FYI RivaTuner causes Windows Firewall Control to crash. - Similar Threads - FYI RivaTuner causes

2. FYI Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FYI Malware: Recent windows 11 update I found a malware bug,C:\Windows/Temp/patch.jsCause me to reinstall windows 11.....not good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fyi-malware/da27c5d2-5511-46f5-9f24-7996a53f9a24
  3. FYI Malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FYI Malware: Recent windows 11 update I found a malware bug,C:\Windows/Temp/patch.jsCause me to reinstall windows 11.....not good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fyi-malware/da27c5d2-5511-46f5-9f24-7996a53f9a24
  4. mousocoreworker.exe crashing causing loss of mouse control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mousocoreworker.exe crashing causing loss of mouse control: mousocoreworker.exe crashing for numerous months. Using microsoft keyboard and mouse - Windows 10 PROThis causes my mouse right/left click to stop functioning until it restarts or by using CTRL/ALT/DEL then clicking cancel. The buttons will start working again. Log Name:...
  5. mousocoreworker.exe crashing causing loss of mouse control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mousocoreworker.exe crashing causing loss of mouse control: mousocoreworker.exe crashing for numerous months. Using microsoft keyboard and mouse - Windows 10 PROThis causes my mouse right/left click to stop functioning until it restarts or by using CTRL/ALT/DEL then clicking cancel. The buttons will start working again. Log Name:...
  6. Windows 10 Firewall Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Firewall Control: This is a program I've been using for several years, and I'm planning on moving it (paid version) to the win 10 machine I just finished. What are opinions of this firewall? It works with the firewall included with Windows and monitors outbound traffic. System files are...
  7. rivatuner refuse to open.pls help!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rivatuner refuse to open.pls help!!!!!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ms_Pen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwuvzv/rivatuner_refuse_to_openpls_help/
  8. fyi

fyi: Immediately after installing the 19041 upgrade, while I was reading a techraider review of claws email, I got a message saying it was from "disapproval" dot and a extension, claiming the Edge browser was corrupt and a phone number I googled and found was from Phoenix....
  9. xbox controller causes game graphics crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox controller causes game graphics crash: I have an Xbox one controller that I use for most of my pc games. Before I went on deployment, everything worked fine. When I got back, I can no longer use my Xbox controller. I will open a game, like rocket league, and everything will be fine. If I then turn my Xbox...
  10. Windows firewall control

Windows firewall control: Is this advisable for an average skilled user or is the native firewall ok by itself? 106321