Windows 10: FYI- upgrade windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 deleted oracle connections

Discus and support FYI- upgrade windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 deleted oracle connections in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In SqlDeveloper, my oracle connections were deleted after updating from windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10. However, I updated another computer( Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shall42, Jan 20, 2016.

1. shall42 Win User

FYI- upgrade windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 deleted oracle connections

In SqlDeveloper, my oracle connections were deleted after updating from windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10.

However, I updated another computer( Windows 7 ) to Windows 10, my oracle connections in SqlDeveloper
    were kept.

I hope this helps someone else.

:)

shall42, Jan 20, 2016

2. Win10 not working anymore - upgraded and got "expired" and now "needs repair"

Windows 10 is not a qualifying free upgrade fro Windows XP, only for Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1.

Its possible your Oracle Virtual Machine configuration is not suitable for Windows 10. You need to have a VirtualMachine configured for Windows 10. Based on your licensing information, you likely need to purchase a full version Windows 10 license.

Review:

How to: install the latest Windows 10 in Oracle VirtualBox

also:

Windows 10 Home: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

or

Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

Andre Da Costa, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Upgrade fails to get back to installation and recovers previous system

Hi there,

When upgrading my Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (using Windows update / Windows 10 app), after a reboot around 97%, I see something that looks like a terminal window that opens and closes very fast, then I got a message like "Attempting to get back to
    installation" and finally "Recovering your previous system".

When it ends, I get back to my Windows 8.1 Pro, and I notice that it forgets my WiFi password.

FYI:

- Asus ROG G55VW

- Windows 8.1 Pro

- All updates installed

- No anti-virus running (only Windows Defender)

- All drivers up to date

- No devices connected (only mouse)

Do you see what could be the cause?

Sascha Meow, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

FYI- upgrade windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 deleted oracle connections

1. FYI- upgrade windows 8.1 pro to Windows 10 deleted oracle connections - Similar Threads - FYI upgrade pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11: I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions....
  3. Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10/11: I need to finally upgrade to windows 10 or 11. I’m currently on windows 8pro. Completely confused as to how to do this despite reading several articles here and online. I don’t have a product key as it came installed on my VAIO. Please help with step by step instructions....
  4. Error while upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 10 pro.

Error while upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 10 pro.: I have used WinCDEmu 4.1 [WinCDEmu - Download sysprogs.org] to mount the iso file then I simply run the program after which the installation process Started.Installation process completed 100% successfully.But while working on updates it got stuck about 30% and it shows the...
  5. Error while upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 10 pro.: I have used WinCDEmu 4.1 [WinCDEmu - Download sysprogs.org] to mount the iso file then I simply run the program after which the installation process Started.Installation process completed 100% successfully.But while working on updates it got stuck about 30% and it shows the...
  6. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  7. Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10

Windows Upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10: I would like to ask if it is possible to upgrade the Windows of my old laptop Dell Inspiron N4050 for my childrens use for online classes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-windows-8-pro-to-windows-10/3025b42a-4a0e-42d6-add5-d42101c099f4
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade for K-8 School

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade for K-8 School: We are a small K-8 school that is in need of upgrading less than 30 computers from Win 7 to Win 10. The majority of the devices in question came with Windows 8 installed as there is a Windows 8 logo sticker on the side of the machines. They were downgraded to windows 7 I...
  9. Trying to upgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 10 Pro

Trying to upgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 10 Pro: I have a laptop with Windows 8 64 bit. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. However it gets to about 70 percent then reads this code 0x800707E7-0x3000D. Then starts undoing the changes. What do I need to do?...
  10. windows 8 pro upgrade

windows 8 pro upgrade: my laptop came with windows 8 pro . what I understand is that windows 8 key is preset in BIOS. But when i upgraded to widnows 10 it upgraded to Home edition. I tried going to " upgrade to windows 10 pro" in microsoft store. but its asking me for key. what should i do....