Windows 10: G-Sync

Discus and support G-Sync in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whats up guys? how do i confirm that gsync is currently working? like ive been having trouble with it. in CP i have it set to full screen apps, and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by N00berG00ber, Mar 11, 2016.

1. G-Sync

Whats up guys? how do i confirm that gsync is currently working? like ive been having trouble with it. in CP i have it set to full screen apps, and in global 3d settings, i have screen set to G-sync, and V-sync is set to app controlled and off in games. from what i read, this setup makes it so that if i get frames over my max supported refresh rate of 75Hz, it will shut off which means ill be getting full fps and if it dips below 75fps, it will enable and smooth things out. but im still getting screen tearing when below 75fps and if it goes to about 50-40 fps, things get choppy.

i thought that as long as fps is above 30 fps min screen refresh rate, it will still be as smooth as 60 or 75 fps? can somone explain this and how to properly set it up. in my FPS games, i like to get as many frames as possible and dont want my fps capped at 75.

:)

N00berG00ber, Mar 11, 2016

2. Extreme stuttering on games/apps for some seconds with High-End-PC

Ok it took a few days for the insider preview updates to arrive, dont know why.

That didnt solve the problem, but I can say now, that 99% of the extreme stuttering is caused by G-Sync and two monitors! I even ordered a seconds (exactly same model) G-Sync monitor, but had the same problems.

When I deactivate G-Sync (Fullscreen and Window-Mode), then the problem seems solved.

So if anyone of you wants G-Sync and a second monitor: IT DOES NOT WORK!

VoodooDE83, Mar 11, 2016
  3. bebelsucu Win User
    g-sync activate

in games when you activate the control panel g-sync and vertical-sync must be enabled in the control panel? how best to v-sync on or off?

bebelsucu, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

G-Sync

gsync will run up to your max refresh rate if your fps goes over your refresh rate vsync kicks in , anything over your monitors refresh rate gysnc doesnt work it cant. so your correct in that assumption if your getting screen tearing below your max refrersh gsync isnt working , what monitoir do you have? (the one in your specs isnt gsync) with my monitor the power button has differant colours its red if gsync is on for example , yours may have a similar function. when you plugged your monitor in for first time or installed new drivers were you prompted to set up gsync? also 75hz seems very low for a gsync monitor? is it IPS?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-g-sync-preview-article,1.html

G-SYNC | Technology | GeForce

Archie123, Mar 11, 2016
  5. its my laptop monitor. its IPS and G-sync compatible. i did get prompted.

N00berG00ber, Mar 11, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    If your getting screen tearing below your monitors max refresh rate gsync isnt working , that said 40 or 50 fps still feels like 40 or 50 fps with or without gsync , youll still notice drops in framerate. By choppy do you mean stuttering? again thats down to poor performance on your gpu's part too high settings or res. GSync just eliminates screen tearing without introducing heaps of input lag like vsync does and without the performance hit vsync gives , thats it , low framerates are still going to be noticable.

Ive reads some wild claims about gsync myself and while i think its the best thing to happen in gaming in years its still a one trick pony *Wink

If you want the best out of that display when you get gsync up anmd running use a third party app like msi afterburner or evga precision to cap your max fps ingame to 75 and turn vsync off (some games will also let you cap your fps) , setting it to app controlled in the control panel isnt the way its meant to be run in conjuction with gsync its supposed to be ON as it was by default , that said vsync is horrible and i turn it off , but i have a 144hz monitor so its never an issue for me for you it is differant

Archie123, Mar 12, 2016
  7. alright... i think i got it working, but now my problem is, in CP, i set vsync to off, and after i launch a few games, it gets reset bacl to on and messes up a lot of games. any others with this issue?

N00berG00ber, Mar 12, 2016
  8. Archie123 Win User

G-Sync

never seen that happpen , you mean under global settings? you set vsync off apply it and then it turns back on?

Archie123, Mar 12, 2016
  9. yupp after i launch a few games, for some reason it goes back to its default "on"

10. swarfega Win User
    There are two other ways you can confirm it's enabled. In the monitor's menu and on Nvidia Experience.

swarfega, Mar 12, 2016
  11. its a laptop monitor, there is no menus. ill install and check experience.

i got it working in all my games. i had to change it to full screen and windowed. now it workes in all games.

12. this setting in global. it keeps defaulting to "on" instead of what i set it to "use app settings". ive clean installed the driver like 10x and no luck.

13. Dude Win User

G-Sync

Use by program settings and see if it retains the setting.

Edit: Just read back and saw you tried that. Hmmm

14. program settings retain it, but i really dont want to setup a program setting for every single game.

15. Archie123 Win User
    what about forcing it via nvidia inspector?

Archie123, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

G-Sync

1. G-Sync - Similar Threads - Sync

2. Windows Sync Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Sync Center: Hello everyone,I have a question regarding our shared drive. Recently, one user account has been syncing the entire drive, which is causing a significant load.The expected path in Sync Center should be:\\xxxx.xxxx.xxxx\dfs\home\user.namewhen trying to sync its syncing till...
  3. Windows Sync Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sync Center: Hello everyone,I have a question regarding our shared drive. Recently, one user account has been syncing the entire drive, which is causing a significant load.The expected path in Sync Center should be:\\xxxx.xxxx.xxxx\dfs\home\user.namewhen trying to sync its syncing till...
  4. Windows Sync Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sync problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync problem: I am having a sync problem with one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-problem/c2be8e63-65c7-49ef-9a7d-213aa883803c
  6. sync problem

sync problem: I am having a sync problem with one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-problem/c2be8e63-65c7-49ef-9a7d-213aa883803c
  7. Help me troubleshoot OneDrive sync issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me troubleshoot OneDrive sync issues: Help me troubleshoot OneDrive sync issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-troubleshoot-onedrive-sync-issues/6bad50e6-7cb5-409f-ac56-44a16544008e
  8. Help me troubleshoot OneDrive sync issues

Help me troubleshoot OneDrive sync issues: Help me troubleshoot OneDrive sync issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-troubleshoot-onedrive-sync-issues/6bad50e6-7cb5-409f-ac56-44a16544008e
  9. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  10. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...