Windows 10: Galaxy S7 not detected by PC (Windows 10, latest Creator's Update)

Discus and support Galaxy S7 not detected by PC (Windows 10, latest Creator's Update) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My girlfriend has some issues with her W10 PC. She's on the normal builds (not Insider), latest updates. The PC is able to read other USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doriandiaconu, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Galaxy S7 not detected by PC (Windows 10, latest Creator's Update)

Hi,

My girlfriend has some issues with her W10 PC. She's on the normal builds (not Insider), latest updates.

The PC is able to read other USB sticks, so the ports are not broken. The phone is identified by the PC, but it only works as a charger. When the state is changed to MTP, nothing appears in My Computer.

I tried to hook it to my W7 work laptop and everything was fine. I have to add that no drivers for the phone were installed on my part.

Any idea if this is a known glitch with W10? I'm on the Skip Ahead builds, so I don't think it's relevant if I check it on my personal laptop.

Thing is, the phone was seen by the PC just fine until a while ago (I don't know what ago means, girls have weird time perception when it comes to technology).

Any hints on what can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

:)

doriandiaconu, Mar 17, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Microsoft Launcher

How do I change color theme for the Microsoft Lancher on Android mobile?

I use Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge mobile [With latest update]

lunabeowulf, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

Galaxy S7 not detected by PC (Windows 10, latest Creator's Update)

1. Galaxy S7 not detected by PC (Windows 10, latest Creator's Update) - Similar Threads - Galaxy detected latest

2. Transferring Galaxy s7 Contacts to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Galaxy s7 Contacts to Windows 10: I've followed the recommended steps and export my S7 Contacts to the S7 SD card. When I connect to my Windows 10 machine via a USP port it immediately starts trying to transfer photos & videos which isn't my intention. If I click Cancel it immediately restarts! If I shrink...
  3. Transferring Galaxy s7 Contacts to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Galaxy s7 Contacts to Windows 10: I've followed the recommended steps and export my S7 Contacts to the S7 SD card. When I connect to my Windows 10 machine via a USP port it immediately starts trying to transfer photos & videos which isn't my intention. If I click Cancel it immediately restarts! If I shrink...
  4. Win10 PC not detecting Galaxy Tab S7+ for wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 PC not detecting Galaxy Tab S7+ for wireless display: This feature was confirmed to be working about 10-12 months ago when I was using it on a daily basis to remotely mirror my Windows screen to my Android tablet I believe this is the built-in Miracast feature?. I hadn't used it through the last 6 months or so, but when I tried...
  5. Win10 PC not detecting Galaxy Tab S7+ for wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 PC not detecting Galaxy Tab S7+ for wireless display: This feature was confirmed to be working about 10-12 months ago when I was using it on a daily basis to remotely mirror my Windows screen to my Android tablet I believe this is the built-in Miracast feature?. I hadn't used it through the last 6 months or so, but when I tried...
  6. Screenshots from an Android Galaxy S7 will not open in any program on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots from an Android Galaxy S7 will not open in any program on Windows 10 PC: I downloaded a number of screenshots off my phone, a Galaxy S7, and am finding that none of them will open in any photo viewing program, including Microsoft Photos and Paint but also Google Drive and other non-Microsoft products. The screenshots are .jpg files, and the...
  7. INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 ON MY GALAXY S7 TABLET.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 ON MY GALAXY S7 TABLET.: I want my tablet to have the solitaire collection that I have on my laptop. I have windows 10 on my laptop. I am a senior with some technical knowledge and would appreciate a solution to my problem. This tablet is the first one I have used. I got it with air miles and...
  8. Samsung Galaxy S7 Cannot Connect to my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Cannot Connect to my PC.: I am trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 to my Windows 10 Pro-64 Bit desktop PC, but it isn't showing up in file explorer. It is plugged to the computer via a USB hub, however I don't think that is the problem as my phone still charges. I have my phone's USB settings set...
  9. connecting samsung galaxy s7 hotspot to windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting samsung galaxy s7 hotspot to windows: my dell latitudeE4310 shows the samsung hotspot is detected..but..i can not connect to it......there is no box appearing to enter the hotspot pin. how can i connect the s7 hotspot to this laptop? tx...
  10. Win10 Fall Creators Update -> Samsung S7 MTP Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Fall Creators Update -> Samsung S7 MTP Problems: I updated my Win10 Home 64 Bit with the Fall Creators Update. Since then I can no longer connect my Samsung S7 to transfer pictures via USB, because the MTP drivers don't work. (I now use bluetooth as a workaround, but that's slow). In the Device Manager under 'Portable...