Windows 10: Galaxy Tab 2 USB Connection not recognised

Discus and support Galaxy Tab 2 USB Connection not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using Win 10 64bit Pro, updated to 1709 - Build 16299.192 I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Tablet that only boots as far as the Galaxy Logo. Needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nasho23, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Nasho23 Win User

Galaxy Tab 2 USB Connection not recognised

I am using Win 10 64bit Pro, updated to 1709 - Build 16299.192
    I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Tablet that only boots as far as the Galaxy Logo. Needs Firmware Flash.
    I installed Samsung Kies3 for this purpose.
    When I connect it to my PC to work on it with Samsung Kies3, Windows 10 does not recognise the USB Connection (Notification).
    Win 10 recognises that a device has been plugged in (Chimes), but Notifies that it does not identify what device it is.
    The Device does not show in Device Manager (Portable Devices) or in My Computer.
    The Device is obviously not Plug and Play with Win 10.
    Samsung Kies3 installed the USB Driver v1.5.61.0 Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones on my PC, in its Program Folder - I notice that this Driver is US English for United States of America Country/Region - Australia is not a choice offered.
    This installed driver has not changed anything and is not working as it should be.
    I have tested with different Cables with same Windows Notification appearing, so I believe that the Cable is OK.
    What other drivers (if any) are required for this device to be recognised by Win 10 and how are they to be installed.
    What else could the problem be.
    Help Please.

:)

Nasho23, Jan 7, 2018

2. USB cable USB not recognised to charge samsung galaxy S5 on laptop

Samsung Galaxy S5 connected by USB to Toshiba laptop updated to Windows 10 will not recognise USB connection. Mouse USB and other recognised. Please help.

judisammut, Jan 7, 2018
  3. Sunder K Win User
    Samsung Galaxy Grand connected by USB not recognised

My Dell Inspiron was loaded with Windows 8. I recently upgraded it on line to Windows10.

When I connected my Samsung Galaxy Grand 2(GT I 9082) mobile through USB I get a notification that the device is not recognised.

This was not a problem with Windows 8

Looking for a solution

Sunder K, Jan 7, 2018
  4. Kbird Win User

1.) The port on the Samsung Tab2 maybe damaged eg cracked solder

2.) Cable is not compatible with USB Port (hub) , try them all or another computer . I saw this recently with a USB3 Cable it worked fine in the Intel USB Port ( intel RootHub) but not in the one using the ASMEDIA Root HUB ... it was doing as you described above ... ie I heard the USB ding-dong then nothing in Explorer showed up ( till I swapped ports )

3.) is it stuck in bootloader mode? or does it boot to Android? I don't know it it works like my Nexus 6P if there is no OS (bootloader mode) you can't switch it out of Charging mode..... but perhaps like for Android Phones , you can use Fastboot?

KB

Kbird, Jan 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Galaxy Tab 2 USB Connection not recognised - Similar Threads - Galaxy Tab USB

2. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  3. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  4. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  5. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  6. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  7. USB connections not recognised

USB connections not recognised: I have recently had problems with a number of devices connecting via USB, including several USB memory sticks, Arduino processors and a 3D printer. These initially do not connect, and when I go the Device Manager are shown as "Unknown Devices" with the yellow triangle/!...
  8. Samsung Galaxy tab is not recognized

Samsung Galaxy tab is not recognized: Please help me. I connect my Galaxy Tab 10A through the USB to the PC running Windows 10 but the system will not recognize it. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-galaxy-tab-is-not-recognized/4d675956-21e6-45b9-a463-d33b4d548db4
  9. windows 10 will not recognise samsung galaxy tab A 10.1 in file explorer

windows 10 will not recognise samsung galaxy tab A 10.1 in file explorer: Windows 10 will not recognise Samsung galaxy tablet A 10.1 in file explorer but does see it connected using USB port. As this is my first tablet any help would be appreciated. I was able to connect to my old laptop which is also running Windows 10. I assume my desktop has...
  10. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....