Windows 10: Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

Discus and support Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says, I've had this issue since around 1st the June now when a Windows update came out. What happens is that seemingly regardless if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Finngon, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Finngon Win User

Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

As the title says, I've had this issue since around 1st the June now when a Windows update came out.

What happens is that seemingly regardless if I have controllers plugged in or not, and if it's plugged in, it doesn't matter what kind of controller I plug in, the Game Controller Settings (Windows Common Shell DLL, shell32.dll) window keeps freezing all the time. It'll unfreeze for a little moment before freezing once more.

This wouldn't be too big of an issue - if it wouldn't also impact Steam and games, making it take few minutes for first Steam to recognize the controller - and then a minute or more for Steam to actually assign the controller to work in-game.

I've gone to Microsoft Support about this all the time now. They've made me do:
    - System Restore
    - Rolling Back to older version
    - In-Place Upgrade
    - Rolling Back again to older version
    - PC Reset
    - and Windows Clean Re-Installation

And each time the problem persists.

I've added the crash report and the msinfo32.txt into the attachment for people to check. Let me know what else I can offer to give more info about.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Finngon, Jun 7, 2018
  2. ballbenny Win User

Unable to sync Games power flight controller, error message 'Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working', upgrading to Windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to sync my Games power flight controller.I keep getting the message that 'Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working'. There was no problem loading the GP software. Appreciate any help/suggestions.

Old title: Common Dll file.

ballbenny, Jun 7, 2018
  3. window shell common dll stop working

window shell common dll stop working in my Touch pad. pls help

JeromeTumaliuan, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

1. Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes - Similar Threads - Game Controller Settings

2. Game Controller Settings Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controller Settings Help: Alright I have one I cant seem to solve on my own. I have a keyboard with analog switches. To take full advantage of it, it registers an XBOX 360 controller as a device. I also have an Xbox one controller which I use when I actually want to play with a gamepad. So what is the...
  3. Game Controller Settings Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Controller Settings Help: Alright I have one I cant seem to solve on my own. I have a keyboard with analog switches. To take full advantage of it, it registers an XBOX 360 controller as a device. I also have an Xbox one controller which I use when I actually want to play with a gamepad. So what is the...
  4. msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll not found? Tried commonly suggested solutions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll not found? Tried commonly suggested solutions: I've been trying to run Civilization VI via the epic games launcher and i keep getting error messages that msvcp140 and vcruntime140 dll's aren't found. I've only had this computer a few days so i don't know yet if it's causing errors elsewhere but so far just with this...
  5. Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10: So im trying to get a Wii u adapter to work on my computer and whenever i try to calibrate my controller, it comes up with a powershell error. This is the only time I run into issues and other people who use the software, with windows 10, have no clue what is going on....
  6. Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...

Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...: I already updated the drivers and tried to uninstall and rebooted the pc. Also tried the poweshell command Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser and prompt command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth doesn't really spot anything....
  7. Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.: Hello, after browsing through many questions on this platform I have been left dumbfounded on how to fix this issue. My CORSAIR Void Pro was working fine on Windows 7, and upon upgrading to Windows 10 has been locked on Telephone Quality and can not be set to DVD or CD...
  8. Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working: Hello All,first my problem is while i changing my mouse pointer theme,this error appeard to me *Sick Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working 22574
  9. Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties

Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties: When I access the context menu on Sound properties, it crashes, saying "Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working". I have Realtek HD audio and Intel Display Audio (HDMI out) audio devices. I can't access any function from the context menu, such as setting the highlighted...
  10. Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared

Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared: Hi all. I have just got windows 10 and after installating it I installed common programs that I use. I went through them a bit fast though and am now have problems with my xbox 360 controller. I have a wireless receiver that I got on ebay and it's not the official one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game controllers app not responding

2. game controller app freezes

3. game controllers freezes when click properties

4. game controler dll error,
  5. managing game controllers settings freezes,
  6. windows 10 game controller settings common shell dll,
  7. game controller windows shell dll not responding