Windows 10: Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix?

Discus and support Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I got the game "Super Dugeon Bros" for free when their was a giveaway some time ago in the MS Store. I have recently installed it but it has a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by &Brandon, Jul 5, 2018.

1. &Brandon Win User

Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix?

So I got the game "Super Dugeon Bros" for free when their was a giveaway some time ago in the MS Store. I have recently installed it but it has a black icon when viewed on the start menu. In the Xbox app it shows a blue icon.

I've tried to reset the app as well a re-download it but nothing works. During download it shows the correct icon, but once it is installed the icon turns black. I've also reset my PC and re-installed Windows 10 recently, and I noticed the same issue before doing so. So even on a fresh install of Windows 10 it still does it.

Does anyone know of a fix? It's a not a huge issue but it is slightly annoying seeing as it's the only game I have installed with the issue.

Pics:

Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix? 9a08d8d4-4f0d-4105-a35f-57ffbbfeb208?upload=true.png

Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix? e63bc0a8-6f58-41be-a1e8-42bd379dd949?upload=true.png

:)

&Brandon, Jul 5, 2018

2. Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix?

So I got the game "Super Dugeon Bros" for free when their was a giveaway some time ago in the MS Store. I have recently installed it but it has a black icon when viewed on the start menu. In the Xbox app it shows a blue icon.

I've tried to reset the app as well a re-download it but nothing works. During download it shows the correct icon, but once it is installed the icon turns black. I've also reset my PC and re-installed Windows 10 recently, and I noticed the same issue before
    doing so. So even on a fresh install of Windows 10 it still does it.

Does anyone know of a fix? It's a not a huge issue but it is slightly annoying seeing as it's the only game I have installed with the issue.

Pics:

Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix? 9a08d8d4-4f0d-4105-a35f-57ffbbfeb208?upload=true.png

Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix? e63bc0a8-6f58-41be-a1e8-42bd379dd949?upload=true.png

&Brandon, Jul 5, 2018
  3. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 5, 2018
  4. GeneBowen Win User

MS Store Games

When I click on 'APPS' , the 2 cribbage games are listed under 'Recently Added'

If I download more other things, then where do these 2 cribbage games get located?

How do I move them to Desktop icons?

How do I move them as icons to the bottom of the screen--like where the 'File', MS Store' and 'Mozilla Firefox' icons are displayed. I do not know what the name is for the bar located at the bottom of the screen.

GeneBowen, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix? - Similar Threads - Game Downloaded Store

2. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  3. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  4. I can't download any games from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download any games from the Microsoft Store: Every time I tried to download any game I got a message: "Something went wrong, please try again later, 0x80190001". Then I tried to download other apps but got the same message....
  5. Error code when downloading game from MS store

Error code when downloading game from MS store: I'm getting Error Code: 0x80070424 while trying to download grounded but its done it to multiple games and I've tried everything I know of. I've done wsreset.exe, I've tried running PowerShell commands, resetting it in Settings > Apps > MS Reset. please help as soon as...
  6. Can't download any game from MS Game Pass Ultimate

Can't download any game from MS Game Pass Ultimate: Hello, I tried to install a number of games Endless Space, Minecraft Dungeons, Doom Eternal, etc. using either MS Store or MS XBox app but the download does not start. The error code is 0x00000001. I have tried resetting the MS Store using both the Windows Troubleshooter...
  7. Can’t download any games from ms store or Xbox app on pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t download any games from ms store or Xbox app on pc: I tried installing different games and tried doing wsreset.exe and nothings worked, please help. submitted by /u/FaintWhispersInHouse [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khuki0/cant_download_any_games_from_ms_store_or_xbox_app/
  8. No man's sky saves or any game from ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No man's sky saves or any game from ms store: hi I'm currently playing No man's sky with the Xbox game pass. I've played before on ps4 and i would like to skip a couple things and use a save editor, but here's: where are my saves? Ive looked almost everywhere and looked up on the internet but to no avail. From what...
  9. This is how MS Store downloads games...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is how MS Store downloads games...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someniatko [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxwe2l/this_is_how_ms_store_downloads_games/
  10. Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data: I have downloaded GameLoft's Asphalt 9 from the Microsoft Store some time back. I uninstalled it for a couple months, and I want to reinstall it now, but I want to start over completely with no saved data. When I go back in to the Microsoft Store and go to my Library, it...