Windows 10: Game DVR no sound and no full screen.

Discus and support Game DVR no sound and no full screen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Testing the xbox game DVR records great but for some reason does not record sound. Also will not work if a game is in full screen mode only works in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ComedyCarnage, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Game DVR no sound and no full screen.

Testing the xbox game DVR records great but for some reason does not record sound. Also will not work if a game is in full screen mode only works in windowed mode.

Anyone else noticed this and know away to fix it?

:)

ComedyCarnage, Jul 30, 2015

2. Game DVR Help With Fullscreen

Hello, I am trying to record games in full screen mode and the Game DVR Bar does not show up when I am in-game full screen. Anyone know the problem and the solution? Thank you.

ClayJohnson03, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Xbox recording has no sound while playedback.

Game DVR does not record sound in 5.1,
    adjust the sound in stereo mode

FernandoAliaga Bernal, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Game DVR no sound and no full screen.

Same as well, so far only on Titanfall...

cameronoz93, Jul 31, 2015
  5. verser Win User
    im getting this same issue in world of warcraft, no audio. any work arounds? i can use other recording software but i like the quality of this one with its compression.

verser, Aug 6, 2015
  6. lapaloma Win User
    same here in World of tanks

lapaloma, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Bhrayan23 Win User
    Unfortunately, Game DVR can only record game in Window mode. However, if you cannot record sound in game, you need to check whether you have enabled "record audio" in Game DVR settings. If it still fails to work, you can use professional screencast tools like Bandicam or Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro, as an alternative solution to solve Game DVR not working issue.

Bhrayan23, Oct 18, 2015
  8. Game DVR no sound and no full screen.

As with what others have already said certain games can only be recorded with the Xbox Game DVR in Windowed Mode.

When I was trying out the DVR Recorder I found that I could also not record sound not matter what setting was changed in the the
    Xbox Program>Settings>Game DVR

I searched around and found a solution to the problem. In short the Game DVR Recorder only records audio when certain settings are changed under Hardware and Sound>Sound

Game DVR no sound and no full screen. [​IMG]

Game DVR no sound and no full screen. [​IMG]

Navigate to Hardware and Sound>Sound
    RMB on your speakers for your device and select properties

Navigate to the advanced tab and then change the sample rate/bit depth selction to the bottom-most one
    (16bit 44100Hz CD Quality) This is the only selection for me and the people on the forum I remembered this from that made the Xbox DVR Recorder record audio as all the other ones didn't.

However in my opinion I wouldn't use this program to screen record I would use another program such as Fraps or Bandicam.

Hope this helps

Ghostcatcher, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Game DVR no sound and no full screen.

1. Game DVR no sound and no full screen. - Similar Threads - Game DVR sound

2. No sound when gaming in full screen on my TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound when gaming in full screen on my TV: Hello. When I start a game in full screen on my TV, the spatial audio doesn't work. It seems as if the whole computer refreshes when I put a game in fullscreen mode, and then the sound goes out. Otherwise, it works for games not in fullscreen mode, everything else, and...
  3. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: Nvidia Quadro 3000M support Game DVR for win10 xbox video record? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-dvr/7581a001-7c3d-40b5-b93b-b05ccd2ec615
  4. Game DVR Sound Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game DVR Sound Problem: Hello,i am having a problem with Windows Game DVR on my Windows 10 laptop. I record a game clip (Geometry Dash,for example),and i go to watch it.The sound is crunching or glitching or missing (missing for 0.1 sec or something like that) in some spots. How can i fix this?...
  5. Game DVR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game DVR: hallo ich habe ein kleines Problem was ich nicht verstehen kann nämlich ich habe ein Laptop und ein pc aber Game DVR ging ganz normal auf Laptop aber auf pc sagt mir Game DVR mein Hardwareanforderungen kann nicht erfüllt werden was eigentlich ja Garnicht sein kann ich...
  6. game dvr broadcast

in Windows 10 Support
    game dvr broadcast: this pops up each boot, can't find where it is even with winpatrol telling me where it is, i have winpatrol stop it but it is getting annoying, seems to be a microsoft something, don't know why it has started, how can it be deleted or stopped, i am thinking i can let it start...
  7. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  8. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  9. GAME DVR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GAME DVR: what IS MOVIE FORMAT FOR GAME DVR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/game-dvr/58a87439-8d23-4c58-9a98-ed68fe690ef6
  10. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: When I try to record clips of my Rocket League Gameplay, they clips are just blank screens with audio. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/game-dvr/eee274d8-61e3-406c-ba19-58d2988dc70c