Windows 10: Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

Discus and support Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My GameDVR is saving new clips and screenshots to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp, making it so i cant change location due to the absence of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by monkeydude7230, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

My GameDVR is saving new clips and screenshots to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp, making it so i cant change location due to the absence of the Captures folder, is there a way to correct this like some value buried in RegEdit or something

:)

monkeydude7230, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Petr VOLF Win User

Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

how about this?

Change where your Game DVR captures are saved on your PC

Your game clips and screenshots will always be saved in the Captures folder. But you can move that folder anywhere you want on your PC.
    • Go to File Explorer > Videos.
    • Drag the Captures folder where you want it.

Petr VOLF, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

Strange methode but it works Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures :)

thanks a lot

José Mickael FERNANDES LEMOS, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

does that work on external hard disks too?

Cause right now its on my low storage SSD. Can I move it to my 1TB hard disk?

MTMasterGaming, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

1. Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures - Similar Threads - Game DVR saving

2. Game Capture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Capture: Hello, I use the game capture to help with notes, I recorded a little over 2-hour session today, I kept an eye on the record bar and it finished with over 2 hours, to check I went into the capture file, and it only captured 20mins. Is there any way I can get my video back or...
  3. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost: I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I recorded after it missing clip were there. I'm sure that I saw it 'saved'....
  4. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost: I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I recorded after it missing clip were there. I'm sure that I saw it 'saved'....
  5. Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black: When I use the shortcut to record the last 30 secs, more often than not, the recording is pitch black with sound. It is not an issue with the app I'm using to playback my recording because the file itself also looks completely black, and the file size is incredibly low (2 MB)...
  6. Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Capture: I've been trying to record some clips using the Win+Alt+G feature to record past gameplay but whenever I do if i'm using discord at the same time it doesn't record my own mic audio, I assume this is because discord is also using my mic but i'm not sure how to fix it, if...
  7. Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing where Game DVR Captures save to: I have been using the game dvr a lot since I got my new PC, but just recently got an external hard drive and tried to move the Captures folder to it, but ever since it just saves the loose files to the drive itself, not in any folders. In capture settings it just says "Save...
  8. Audio in Game DVR Captures

Audio in Game DVR Captures: When I use the "Capture last 30 seconds" button in the game DVR. It doesn't capture my voice but it captures my friend's. Is there a way to capture with my voice and my friend's. If so, please reply. Thanks. submitted by /u/NebrasOnReddit [link] [comments]...
  9. Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder: [ATTACH] My xbox game capture is in my temp folder and I want to move it, but cannot. Can anyone help me with this issue. https://preview.redd.it/lfhtowhptcn41.png?width=473&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb2269d1abc92733b73af6bde5e3f6a5ee319a1c submitted by /u/realjrjelly...
  10. Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata: Hello i am having a very annoying issue where for some odd reason windows decided to end its relationship with the game dvr capture folder and is saving to this path "C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Temp" which renders the normal method of changing the folder unavailable. is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using gamedvr for capturing onenote

2. windows game bar saves to appdata

3. xbox game capture location stuck in temp

4. captures temp xbox,
  5. game dvr saves to temp,
  6. game dvr windows 10 saving in temp folder,
  7. captures folder set to local\temp,
  8. change save screenshots appdata/local/temp regedit,
  9. game dvr capture folder set as temp,
  10. windows game dvr captures folder gone temp,
  11. game dvr saving to temp,