Windows 10: Game flicker

Discus and support Game flicker in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I am using windows 11 from the day it released. But lately the gaming laptop I am using is not performing well for playing games. The games are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EdwinDas J V, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Game flicker

Hi. I am using windows 11 from the day it released. But lately the gaming laptop I am using is not performing well for playing games. The games are running smoothly, but for every 30 seconds the game will shake and flicker. Then again runs smoothly. I am trying to get a solution for this problem. What to do?

:)

EdwinDas J V, Apr 22, 2024

2. Screen Flickering While Playing Games.

Hi Hritik Kandari,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of the motherboard?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. What is the name of the game in which you are facing issues with flickering?
    4. Are you facing the flickering issue while normally using Windows?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if the flickering persists.

Method 1:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on the
      desktop
      > Click on Display settings > Click on
      Advanced display settings
      > Click on Display adapter properties
      for Display.
    2. Go to the Monitor tab and click on the drop-down list under
      Screen refresh rate and select 60 Hertz.
    3. Click on Apply > OK.
    4. Then, go back to the Adapter tab and click on
      List All Modes > Select a display mode you want that has the screen resolution and
      screen refresh rate.
    5. Click on Apply > OK >
      Restart the computer once
      and check if the screen flickering issue persists.

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Troubleshoot screen flickering
    in Windows 10
    and check if the issue persists.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    steam games rainbow 6 flicker after upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

Does the same issue occur with other games?

Do you see flickering screen while using any other program?

If the issue is confined only to the steam games rainbow 6, I would suggest you to re-install the game and see if it helps.

To uninstall the game please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    • Find the game from the list and hit uninstall.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Game flicker

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Game flicker

1. Game flicker - Similar Threads - Game flicker

2. Display flickers when game is running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display flickers when game is running in background: My display flickers when a graphically intensive game is running in the background. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX G15 2022, RTX 3050 model, 2x 512GB SSD, 2x 8GB DDR5 RAM. Games like Wuthering Waves and The Finals make my display flicker when theyre in the background, however,...
  3. Display flickers when game is running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display flickers when game is running in background: My display flickers when a graphically intensive game is running in the background. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX G15 2022, RTX 3050 model, 2x 512GB SSD, 2x 8GB DDR5 RAM. Games like Wuthering Waves and The Finals make my display flicker when theyre in the background, however,...
  4. Friends monitor started flickering while playing Fortnite game, cant fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Friends monitor started flickering while playing Fortnite game, cant fix.: My friend and I were looking in to some games on Fortnite and when we started the game, it started flickering a white light as seen in video. Weve tried to unplug the monitor, restart the PC, we've went in display settings and messed around with stuff but nothing has worked....
  5. Friends monitor started flickering while playing Fortnite game, cant fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Friends monitor started flickering while playing Fortnite game, cant fix.: My friend and I were looking in to some games on Fortnite and when we started the game, it started flickering a white light as seen in video. Weve tried to unplug the monitor, restart the PC, we've went in display settings and messed around with stuff but nothing has worked....
  6. Friends monitor started flickering while playing Fortnite game, cant fix.

7. [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...: I'm super exhausted and desperate. I've tried all sorts of solutions. 1-2 years of this. Anyway...[ Useful Links Hopefully ] - Windows 10 btw - still sour about how Win 11 turned out.Benchmark → https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67708457YouTube Vid of Issue →...
  8. [Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...

[Win 10] Issue with Windows or GPU Blackscreen flickering in games Any App or whatever...: I'm super exhausted and desperate. I've tried all sorts of solutions. 1-2 years of this. Anyway...[ Useful Links Hopefully ] - Windows 10 btw - still sour about how Win 11 turned out.Benchmark → https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67708457YouTube Vid of Issue →...
  9. Game flicker

Game flicker: Hi. I am using windows 11 from the day it released. But lately the gaming laptop I am using is not performing well for playing games. The games are running smoothly, but for every 30 seconds the game will shake and flicker. Then again runs smoothly. I am trying to get a...
  10. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.: It was fine until around December, I've had my PC for 2 years now without the issue. Games that I've usually played without lag started lagging or a SLIGHT framedrop only sometimes, not everytime. Then at high-ish CPU usage like around 50% it starts to flicker a bit, and as...