Windows 10: Game is freezing/rebooting computer.

Discus and support Game is freezing/rebooting computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have this bizarre issue where one game (Guild Wars 2) seems to cause my computer to either reboot or freeze completely. By default it reboots on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Apexx iPredator, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Game is freezing/rebooting computer.

So I have this bizarre issue where one game (Guild Wars 2) seems to cause my computer to either reboot or freeze completely. By default it reboots on system failure. Currently, I have to set not to do that so it freezes. I've had this problem for about 4 months now and the computer was built 6 months ago. I've had support tickets with ArenaNet, Asus, EVGA, Corsair, Intel, and posted on some forums. It has seemed to come down to the conclusion that it is a hardware issue. I was re-directed here to get some event logs deciphered to figure out what is causing this problem. If you need more information let me know.

I only get three errors when this happens.

Kernel-Power 41 (63), Volmgr 161, and EventLog 6008

This is my post that I put on the Guild Wars 2 forum:

Lets see where to begin. Back in February of this year, I built a new computer. I was playing GW2 for about 2 months with no problems. Then out of no where I get hit with the most bizarre problem. At first, while playing the game my computer would just shutdown and reboot (No Error Messages). Upon googling, I disabled a feature to shutdown on failure. Now, my computer just freezes. This only happens on GW2, no other game. I've had many support tickets with ArenaNet, Asus, EVGA, Corsair, Intel, and Microsoft. They've led nowhere which is why I am here now. Most hardware companies that couldn't fix the issue with their hardware blamed it on the game. At the time this started happening, my cpu, gpu, and ram were overclocked. Now its set to factory everything. I've replaced my cpu, gpu, power supply, and cpu cooler. Still no luck. My temperatures and wattage are both running fine. I've played in 32bit, 64bit, windowed mode, lowest settings ,etc. I've re-downloaded the game like 5 times. I've also moved GW2 from a 7200RPM Hard drive to an SSD. This is a random issue too. It could not happen for weeks to happening again as soon as I launch the game. I've run out of things to do. It is just so weird that it only happens with GW2, I just don't understand.

Processor: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz (Stock) with Intel Turbo Boost
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i Liquid Cooler
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 (Tried with stock 2133MHz and XMP Profile of 3600MHz)
    MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Latest BIOS)
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W
    OS HDD: Samsung 960 Pro M.2 - 512GB
    GW2 SSD: Kingston V300 240GB

:)

Apexx iPredator, Aug 15, 2018

2. Game freezes or comp reboots in WoT win 10 pro build 10586

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Game freezes or comp reboots in", is the freezing issue occurring while playing game or in other situations also?
    • Is the issue particular to a game or with all the games?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run System File Checker on the computer and also try to reinstall the game in compatibility mode.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform a System File Checker of the Computer and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Then type ”sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the game in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on freezing issue while playing game and computer reboots automatically, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 24, 2018
  3. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Blindears Win User

Game is freezing/rebooting computer.

Game freezes or comp reboots in WoT win 10 pro build 10586

Thank you, I fixed prob by clean install of older nvidia drivers. Have marked your 'Step 1' down for future ref Game is freezing/rebooting computer. ;)

Blindears, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Game is freezing/rebooting computer.

1. Game is freezing/rebooting computer. - Similar Threads - Game freezing rebooting

2. Computer keeps freezing then rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing then rebooting: I have been getting this error on my event viewer : "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffaa8773a0a010, 0xfffff803960ef600, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  3. Computer keeps freezing then rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing then rebooting: I have been getting this error on my event viewer : "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffaa8773a0a010, 0xfffff803960ef600, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. Computer keeps freezing then rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer is rebooting while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is rebooting while gaming: I check the event viewer and this is what I found.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffa70b3abe9010, 0xfffff8072fdd3ac0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. Computer reboots in the middle of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer reboots in the middle of gaming: Hi, so I've done a bit of research and I only saw some 2018-2020 articles on this. My computer will restart at any give moment playing intensive vr games. I just recently swapped my ram so I'm wondering if that may be the issue, on the other hand I'm wondering if my graphics...
  7. Computer freezing then rebooting randomly

Computer freezing then rebooting randomly: Computer briefly freezes then restarts. Event viewer procides the following: Event 1001, BugCheck - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff805363fd6b7, 0xfffff2878d06eea8, 0xffffcf0198712920. A dump was saved in:...
  8. Computer Freezing /Auto Rebooting

Computer Freezing /Auto Rebooting: About a month ago my pc starting freezing with a buzzing noise. Now its constant with a buzzing noise then continued with a reboot. Sometimes it just freezes or just restarts. Specs intel i7 8700k nvidia rtx 2070 16gigs ram 2tb hdd 240gb ssd Windows 10 i have...
  9. Computer / Game Freezing

Computer / Game Freezing: Ok since I moved back home from uni I brought my PC with me and I have been playing a game called Apex Legends, every so often in the game I just freeze but only the game as the rest of my PC is working fine but i did notice that the music i was listening to on YouTube froze...
  10. games freeze computer

games freeze computer: game error Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Date: 15/02/2019 19:21:58 Event ID: 1534 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: MARIOMATA2019...