Windows 10: Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.)

Discus and support Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys. Sorry if I'm reposting something. I googled my problems and nothings come up too reliable. I was playing Fallout 4 a lot for a few weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.)

Hi guys.
    Sorry if I'm reposting something. I googled my problems and nothings come up too reliable.

I was playing Fallout 4 a lot for a few weeks before I got the new Windows 10 update. When I started playing again after the update, the game was lagging and became unplayable. I tried a solution where you reduce the amount of paging file used (if I remember correctly) and it wasn't working.

I ditched Fallout 4 for the time being (who cares anyways) and decided to try some of the other 100 games I've yet to finish and launched Splinter Cell Blacklist. Everything was running pretty smooth there until a certain point where the game crashed every time. This is hardly due to the update since the game was fine until that one part. But I googled this problem and the only thing I found was a forum post saying it was a problem with a corridor with red light (which was kinda the deal). The only solution there was to switch from DirectX 11 to 9 or something which I did and sadly that didn't work.

I have kinda just recently moved completely to PC from consoles and started using Steam almost exclusively and I don't regret that but this I find really frustrating how every update, patch etc can become fatal and prevent you from playing given games. This is a problem with PC gaming I find rarely used when people are arguing about what's best...strange.

Well, hopefully you guys can give me pointers. I hate having unfinished games that are only unfinished because of technical issues.
    Thanks

:)

Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017

2. Cannot start the Computer Browser and Workstation services (Error 1068)

Hi,

Right-click Start, click Command Prompt.

Type the following commands and press enter after each command.

sc qc lanmanserver & sc query lanmanserver

sc qc srv2 & sc query srv2

sc qc samss & sc query samss

Copy the output of all those commands and include in your reply.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 3, 2017
  3. M3rmaid Win User
    Age of Mythology - Windows 10

After hours of researching & testing, I have found a solution that works for my computer. Thought I'd share it as I understand the toil of not being able to play such a great game!

Essentially, the problem was with secdrv.sys, a copy-protection file that AoM relies on. Apparently support for it on my Windows 8.1 OS was lacking when running this 2002-released game. I used this command in the command prompt (run as Admin):

Hope this helps!

Source: September 2015 Windows updates KB3086255 breaks many games | My Online Security

M3rmaid, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.)

I always recommend using DDU to uninstall your graphics drivers in safe mode after a new OS upgrade. You can get it here: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

I would recommend having the newest graphics driver sitting on your desktop so that you can install it once DDU does it's thing and then reboots.

That could fix your issues, especially if everything was working fine before the update.

blackroseMD1, Jun 3, 2017
  5. ah okay. Thanks for the reply.
    I'm also getting pretty confused overall about NVIDIA driver stuff. The whole geForce Experience stuff and all. I barely know where to go anymore to check for latest drivers or if Windows does it automatically. But this is worth a shot.

But I can't imagine this fixing the SC:BL problem. Could there be a solution for that or is that something I'll need to wait for Ubisoft to fix? Like a more direct game problem?

Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017
  6. You can grab the official Nvidia drivers here: NVIDIA

You really only need to install the graphics driver and PhysX. Geforce Experience will make it easier for you to stay up to date with new drivers, but it's not absolutely necessary.

As far as Splinter Cell goes...next time it crashes, can you look in the Event Viewer to see what the error is and post it here? Might help to figure out the root cause.

You can access Event Viewer by right clicking on the Start Button and selecting it from the menu that pops up. The error you'd be looking for would likely be under Windows Logs>Application. You'll want to look in Windows Logs>System as well though.

blackroseMD1, Jun 3, 2017
  7. I installed what I think was the right drivers and rebooted. When I ran Fallout 4 now, the menu didn't even respond, my mouse was moving between monitors and stuff I haven't seen before. I could skip the intro and press a key but then nothing. What's more I exited the game and my mouse started lagging on the TV. Had to switch source and back to fix that. I've been having difficulties with my TV though as well, it blinks at times after entering a full screen application and when exiting and stuff. Dunno maybe it's part of the graphics card after all but my card is relatively new. GeForce GTX 750 Ti. I'm no graphics card expert though.

I think the margins of possible problems is getting huge now. This Fallout problem has to be a different issue though, something about how it runs, I've had such problems with it before.

Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017
  8. Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.)

oohh sigh nevermind I have a controller connected after Splinter Cell. I guess that's &"$%# overwriting the mouse whatever I'll try again.....

........and I got into the game but same problem, still lagging and unplayable.

Just tried a simple solution I thought I already did....turning off Game Mode but again sadly nothing changed but that's out of the way then. Unless I need to restart or something after turning it off

Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    Siggi Trust, your system specs say you have a 1 Gb graphics card. If I am not mistaken Fallout 4 recommends 3 GB. Maybe try running it on low graphics settings and maybe even lower the resolution. It's worth a try.

essenbe, Jun 3, 2017
  10. no sorry I have 2 GB it seems. But it ran perfectly before the update.

Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    Ok, it was worth a try. I don't play that game but none of the updates have bothered me with the games I play. Do you think a reinstall of the game is worth a try?

essenbe, Jun 3, 2017
  12. I haven't thought about it yet. I wanted to follow up on any solutions and changes online first. It seems there are plenty of problems with this update for gaming and plenty other. I thought if it would be worth waiting for any other updates, if it's this flawed then Microsoft has to fix it right? Or is waiting for such a thing something that'll take months?

I saw that the new Game Mode doesn't work well with some games but doesn't seem to be the culprit here. Nother thing is I'm using a Full HD TV for my computer. It's always been fine though but for the past months it's been flickering like I said above. Can't believe the TV itself can cause major flaws tough. But after my internet probing for this problem I've stared thinking all that could be graphic related. I get blue streaks in textures and various graphics after exiting big applications like games and after launching them. Restarting the TV works to fix it and everythings fine after that while running a game until I exit it.

Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017
  13. essenbe Win User

Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.)

As I understand it, Game Mode is not for most "gaming computers". It is a feature for very low end computers to enable them to play a game they could not otherwise play. Microsoft seems to have made a concerted effort for the gaming community with the game mode and Xbox things they have included. I would assume that if they detect a problem that can be reproduced, they would issue an update to correct it.

Your artifacting sounds more like a graphics card/graphics driver problem. While I would think it is possible, I don't recall ever seeing a monitor causing them.

essenbe, Jun 3, 2017
  14. yep. Just disabled Windows Defender (dunno why not sooner) but nothings happening. This is one of the worst problems I've faced on PC. Usually I can find a solution quite fast. Think I'll just have to take my computer to where I got the graphics card and see if they see anything wrong with it or if they see any way to optimize it. I need to figure out if there's problems with it or my TV and this whole Creator Update just has to be fixed while I'm at it

Siggi Trust, Jun 3, 2017
Thema:

Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.)

1. Game problems after Win update (Fallout4 & SC Blackl.) - Similar Threads - Game problems update

2. One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...: Hello hello.So I have different computers and they use different kind settings because hardware.One drive changes ini-files names like Fallout4-computer name.ini Well, this is not okay. These ini-files are in OneDrive - Personal/Documents/My Games-folder, where steam puts...
  3. One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive renaming game settings files, Fallout4.ini Fallout4Custom.ini Fallout4Prefs.ini...: Hello hello.So I have different computers and they use different kind settings because hardware.One drive changes ini-files names like Fallout4-computer name.ini Well, this is not okay. These ini-files are in OneDrive - Personal/Documents/My Games-folder, where steam puts...
  4. How much for a NEW EVGA 1080 SC Gaming?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How much for a NEW EVGA 1080 SC Gaming?: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Hey, guys. I was wondering how much to price my graphics card. I just got it as remuneration for a warranty claim. They gave me an entirely new 1080! Well, I guess I got lucky because everything is out of stock. So, they only had a new...
  5. Problems continue after WIN updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems continue after WIN updates: 3 weeks ago Updates totally disrupted my computer and it failed to recognize me or log me in. Updates were done when I believe the computer was in hibernation mode at night. I did system restore to restore functionality and have only manually updated since then, Today Edge...
  6. Problems after latest Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after latest Win 10 update: some programs won't work after latest Win 10 update, and my password manager won't run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-after-latest-win-10-update/9c4a91d7-70b6-4236-8f76-7745a7984356
  7. HDMI Problem after Update win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Problem after Update win 10: I Have dell Inspiron 5567 I use to them my htc Vive, and they were working fine. But after the update they stopped, when I try to connect the VR google say I should connect them to property HDMI but I have only one, I did reinstall graphic drivers of both graphic htc...
  8. Games performance after Win updates.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games performance after Win updates.: Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images. The only fix that I`ve then was to use...
  9. Fallout4 and Deadspace3 will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout4 and Deadspace3 will not start: I recently had to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 to solve update problems. The reinstall went well, except that most of my games will not start; i.e. Fallout4 (Steam) and Deadspace3 (Origin) won't, but Dragonage Inquisition (Steam) will. Those that won't present the...
  10. Problem after big Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem after big Win 10 update: After the BIG 3-4GB update some days ago my printer driver was gone. I reinstalled it and thought all was good ... but after booting up next day my network (ethernet cable) wasn´t working! I ran the diagnose test and got follwing message "Windows couldn't automatically...