Windows 10: Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks

Discus and support Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've been playing Runes of Magic for a few months now. Everything is fine except when Windows 10 installs a new update. I either have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by deuce, Oct 5, 2016.

1. deuce Win User

Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks

Hello,

I've been playing Runes of Magic for a few months now. Everything is fine except when Windows 10 installs a new update. I either have to reinstall the game or rollback to the previous version of Windows.

The problem I am having is every 12 midnight and 8 A.M., I cannot log into the game and get stuck on the loading screen. On the hour, on the dot. Everyday. I am able to log in again after 2 hours. So, I was thinking, maybe there is a scheduled task that is updating and hogging all the bandwidth of my internet connection.

I was able to see a task and set it to 2 P.M. but I forgot how to get there. I did not use the Task Scheduler window. And if you are able to help, I don't know what to disable and enable if ever I see the list.

Please help

:)

deuce, Oct 5, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death automatically shuts down computer and reboots

Hi,

You might try reinstalling Win 10...

It's possible that something just didn't go right during the upgrade\install...

I also have twenty scheduled tasks in Task Scheduler concerning Media Center, even though Media Center no longer exists...

I am not having any issues with blue screen though..

I should also note that because this happens after 1-2 hours, it is in fact some type of scheduled task...

Have you disabled the scheduled tasks for Media Center ?

slance310, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Problems with the Windows 10 pro Task bar.

Greetings,

I have an issue with the Windows 10 Pro Task bar.

When i for example full screen YouTube, a game or anything els it will not auto-hide my Task bar.

So when i'm on YouTube and full screen it i can't pause or change the volume because the Task bar is in the way.

The same is with games, if i full screen games i cant see some info because the Task bar is always there.

I have googled a bit on my own, people have found a solution.

They go to Task manager and restart there Explorer.exe.

But this solution doesn't work for me, so i'm still stuck with the Task bar.

and this is the Only solution i can find.

Hoping someone on the forums here can help me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Smolders

Master V Envy, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks

Hello deuce Welcome to the Ten Forums!

One thing found here lately when any Steam or non Steam driven pc game will suddenly stall even crash and maybe even require the use of the Task Manager in order to get back to the desktop will be some 3rd party update! Whether it be Firefox, Waterfox, Cyberfox, etc. out of several web browsers kept on and randomly in use or some other program like PaintNet as one example a new updated version's desktop shortcut will be found on the desktop.

One way to set things up where the WU or Windows Updates wanting a full system restart to finish putting on some new update you can try to work would be the new scheduling feature now seen in Windows 10 would be setting up the Start and End times for the Windows Update Active Hours - Change in WIndows 10

The guide there explains how to delay the WU from going to work during the schedule hours upto 12hrs. in fact of what would be your regular Active Hours at the system you have there. The WU will be put on hold or a standby status during the active hours and only then outside of those select hours be able to automatically end any running programs while installing updates which often may require a full system restart.

With non MS apps automatically seeking self updates the situation for each of those however may require a visit to the app's own settings where you would then disable any automatic check upon start up. For Steam driven titles the Steam engine is also notorious for Steam News and Steam engine updates as well as security checks where you then need to verify your account information.

Often some small update for some otherwise non intrusive utility app will suddenly become an annoyance if left unchecked! *Mad Been there too many times and as always when not the WU wanting a restart some small app is found to be at fault!

Night Hawk, Oct 5, 2016
  5. deuce Win User
    Thanks for your help.

I don't have the Update settings under "Update & Security" and certainly don't have the Change active hours option. I will look into 3rd party apps/programs and try to check if something could be done there.

The issue is still happening and I don't think Windows Update has anything to do with this.

deuce, Oct 6, 2016
  6. I couldn't rule that out earlier since others have been having issues with the latest MS cumulative update with a fix coming in later today in fact from MS. From the findings here besides the occasional prompt or notice that a restart is required to finish up on some update bumping a game back to the desktop if not a stall on a much older title still being run on the 64bit 10 3rd party icons for browsers and utilities are the most frequently seen latest item to go on. You can also look over the Startup tab on the Task manager with a fast right click on the main taskbar there to see what else is loading at startup like MS OneDrive annoyances, etc. *Confused*Doh*Banghead*Roflmao2 Those often are what bake the cake!

Night Hawk, Oct 6, 2016
  7. deuce Win User
    I'm sorry but I don't understand a single thing you wanted to say. All I wanted was a way to check the scheduled tasks that are set for 8 o'clock A.M. so I can disable or stop them. I just mentioned Windows Update because that is one of the programs I changed with the scheduler.

I am able to see all tasks that are currently running with the Task Manager, but I want to see if any of those programs were running because the Task Scheduler started them.

I'm sorry for being rude, but if you don't have an answer, it's better that you leave the thread open rather than replying with long sentences that mean nothing or isn't relevant to the question. If there is no way to check what I'm talking about, then there's no answer. No reply needed.

When I replied with "thanks for your help," what I really meant was thanks for replying.

deuce, Oct 11, 2016
  8. Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks

Well this is where you would go to the guide for setting up things to avoid interferences during the Active hours which presently for the Redstone 1 Anniversary update sees a 12hrs. maximum time. The latest Windows Insider Preview build however can now be set for a 16hr. stretch for the Active hours being an improvement in having things set aside. Yet while in a Steam driven title a day or so ago the WU still came in wanting a system restart from updates that hadn't gone on but were reversed by Windows a few days earlier showing that won't cover everything.

Night Hawk, Oct 11, 2016
  9. Task Scheduler could mean multiple things because it will not open a new window during operation. Tasks that are using memory and disks heavily (except for games) means it could've triggered itself or Task Scheduler tasked them to do the task needed to be done.

RoasterMen, Oct 11, 2016
  10. If he set the Active hours schedule from 5pm to 5am and games from 7pm to midnight as an example the WU is mainly left out of the picture until 5am when you might see the restart under the common situations for any updates. That's how that is supposed to go. For other 3rd apps and other Task scheduled activities apart from the Active Hours intended for WU activity the risk of something clashing with a gaming session then becomes a concern.

Another thing to be a consideration would be a good lookover at the startups now found in the Task Manager Startup tab as opposed to previously finding things in the msconfig Startup group tab for selective startups. AV programs, firewalls, etc. system protections are also known as problem makers as far as gaming and other 3rd party programs go when suddenly stalling for no reason. There's a reason! It's simply finding what is on the active list running at the moment or scheduled to come in during a session that has to disabled when found. Having things set to automatically update themselves is another source as well.

Night Hawk, Oct 11, 2016
  11. Download Task Scheduler Viewer and sort tasks by the "Last Run".

To check for other possible startup culprits, use Autoruns for Windows.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks

1. Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks - Similar Threads - Game stuck loading

2. F1 2021 game stuck on Loading screen

in Windows 10 News
    F1 2021 game stuck on Loading screen: [ATTACH]If your F1 2021 game is stuck on the Loading screen, on your Windows 11/10 PC then this post offers working suggestions to fix the issue. F1 2021 is among the most popular motor racing game. However, many users have reported that the game gets stuck at the loading...
  3. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: I want to schedule a video file using task scheduler and the task scheduler is working properly and the wizard opens where I have to choose an application to run the video file but when I select VLC or Power Media Player, it shows these errors: Why is it happening?...
  4. My games will not load stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games will not load stuck on black screen: I try to start some of my games on my computer through steam and they will not load, they say running but then when they finally do open it takes forever and its just a black screen, I have not downloaded anything in the past few days and this issue started yesterday. My...
  5. My games will not load stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games will not load stuck on black screen: I try to start some of my games on my computer through steam and they will not load, they say running but then when they finally do open it takes forever and its just a black screen, I have not downloaded anything in the past few days and this issue started yesterday. My...
  6. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  7. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  9. Possible to make a Shortcut to Windows Defender in Task Scheduler?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible to make a Shortcut to Windows Defender in Task Scheduler?: Nearest clue I could find: Windows Shortcuts | Technoforum . . . TASKSCHD.MSC or CONTROL SCHEDTASKS . . . opens Schedule Tasks manager C:\Windows\System32\taskschd.msc C:\Windows\System32\control.exe schedtasks Is there a way to specify the Path to open? . . . How...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft games stuck during loading