Windows 10: Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

Discus and support Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The games crash after an inconsistent amount of time like stated. Sometimes the games crash after 1 or 2 minutes, sometimes after 1,2 or even 3 hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KingCrepe, Sep 23, 2017.

1. KingCrepe Win User

Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

The games crash after an inconsistent amount of time like stated. Sometimes the games crash after 1 or 2 minutes, sometimes after 1,2 or even 3 hours. This happens most in GTA:V and Minecraft. It is unplayable in its current state. The pc is brand new ( less than one month old).

My specs are :
    Motherboard: ASROCK as350m pro 4.
    CPU: ryzen 5 1600
    RAM: Corsair Venegance LPX 2x8gb (CMK16GX4M2A2400C14) @2400mhz
    GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
    Hard Drive: 1tb wd blue 7200RPM
    PSU: EVGA 650w G2 Supernova.
    ssd: 128gb Segate

I have tried reinstalling windows, reinstalling gpu drivers, using different gpu drivers, overclocking cpu, returning cpu to normal speed, setting ram to 2400mhz in bios (it came tuned @ 2133mhz), setting the ram back to 2133mhz, reinstalling games, and being very frustrated. My temps are low, gpu<50 and cpu<40 on full load, so temps are definitely not the problem.

I usually find Minecraft crashes quicker if I use optifine , and even quicker if I use shaders aswell.

Any help/advice is much appreciated!

:)

KingCrepe, Sep 23, 2017

2. Windows Indexing is Always Finding "oneindex://{S-1-5-21-...so...on...}" currently unavailable

Windows index locations always starts to index in a location named "oneindex://{S-1-5-21-...so...on...}" .

Every so often I have to uncheck that box, it disappears an inconsistent amount of time, then it comes back.

screenshot, with tooltip:

Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time! [​IMG]

bmxjumperc, Sep 23, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Upgrading takes an undetermined amount of time.

I don't know your internet speeds but 7mb dsl here install is under 30 minutes including time for updates before the actual install starts.

You might consider downloading the iso if you are comfortable with your internet speeds - its about 3gb downloading.. and a few minutes to make an iso suitable for use on another computer.... just double click or mount the iso and run its setup if windows
    8 or newer. If windows 7 think you will need to let it make you a usb installer. You'll need an empty at least 8gb usb stick for that. Run its setup from within windows to do the upgrade install.

'Mike P, Sep 23, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Can you tell us what the error is, ie is it displaying an error code?

5. KingCrepe Win User
    Yes, sorry. On GTA the game screen goes white and GTA says stopped responding, and it eventually closes. On Minecraft the game just closes and Minecraft states "Game Crash , an unexpected issue occured and the game has crashed". Sometimes by screen just goes black/blue on Minecraft, then closes.

KingCrepe, Sep 23, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
    Okay, that is not much to help you. Lets try looking in event viewer for errors and see if we can find something showing the game errors

[youtube]sPFBTRPO7YE[/youtube]

7. KingCrepe Win User
    I got 2 errors. One application error which read: "Faulting application name: javaw.exe, version: 8.0.25.18, time stamp: 0x54345ca0
    Faulting module name: nvoglv64.DLL, version: 22.21.13.8569, time stamp: 0x59bd55a4
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000100cf88
    Faulting process id: 0x23dc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3355723224cf3
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Le Genie\Desktop\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvoglv64.DLL
    Report Id: 2bb95142-c39b-4309-bcc8-4d025f63a7c5
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID: "

And one NVIDEA open Gl driver error, stating:
    "A TDR has been detected.
    The application must close.

Error code: 7
    (pid=9180 tid=8348 javaw.exe 64bit)

Visit OpenGL “TDR detected” Meaning | NVIDIA for more information. "

KingCrepe, Sep 23, 2017
  8. Dude Win User

I would use DDU and do another video driver install

9. KingCrepe Win User
    I've tried that twice, to no avail. Also tried using multiple gpu driver versions, to no avail also.

KingCrepe, Sep 23, 2017
  10. Dude Win User
    Try updating your Java to the latest version, tip from a friend of mine

11. KingCrepe Win User
    Unfortunately, I've tried that. Tried reinstalling multiple times also.

Thank you for all the help though, I really appreciate it

KingCrepe, Sep 24, 2017
  12. Dude Win User
    When you used DDU and tried other drivers did you sect just the driver and physx on re-install? Then try setting the system power and GPU to high performance

13. KingCrepe Win User

I uninstalled everything, then did a full clean installation. I did that today again also. It crashed again, with the same Application Error and NVIDIA OpenGL driver, but the NVidia opengl driver had a different description of

"The description for Event ID 1 from source NVIDIA OpenGL Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

A TDR has been detected.
    The application must close.

Error code: 7"

Firefox also isn't working properly, it sometimes just resorts to showing a completely blank screen. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, as edge works even if firefox crashes.

KingCrepe, Sep 24, 2017
  14. essenbe Win User
    When you said you did a full clean installation, did you use express settings? If so, why not try something different? Uninstall all Nvidia drivers making sure to uninstall the Graphics driver last. Boot into safe mode and run DDU again. Reboot and install the new driver, but this time do a custom install and uncheck everything except the Graphics Driver and PhysX driver. Make sure the "Clean Install Box is checked. It should look like this.

See if that works any better.

I may also suggest you go into BIOS, look at your SATA controller and see what mode it is set to (IDE, AHCI or Raid). Set Optimized Defaults (F5 on most boards), Go back and make sure your SATA Controller is set to what it was when you checked it a minute ago. Change nothing else, save and exit.

essenbe, Sep 24, 2017
  15. essenbe Win User
    Also, have you received any error notifications such as the graphics driver died and did not respond within the allotted time?

Much of what you describe is happening sounds more like a problem with the game itself instead of the GPU drivers, or it sounds like system instability in general. App crashes like the games and Firefox can occur because the system is unstable. Just a possibility not a diagnosis.

essenbe, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time! - Similar Threads - Games always crash

2. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  3. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  4. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time: I bought a prebuilt PC several months ago since I didn't want to keep waiting for a graphics card. I started to have issues with my games crashing about a month after I got it. I'm at my wit's end. Whenever I play any of my games, except Rocket League, they always crash. The...
  6. All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time: I bought a prebuilt PC several months ago since I didn't want to keep waiting for a graphics card. I started to have issues with my games crashing about a month after I got it. I'm at my wit's end. Whenever I play any of my games, except Rocket League, they always crash. The...
  7. inconsistent crashing

inconsistent crashing: I've been receiving BSODs with the error "IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL", for a few time this last few weeks or so. I haven't been able to catch the actual specific error code yet, as before I can screenshot the screen my computer has already reset. BugCheek in Eventveiwer says...
  8. Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time: [ATTACH] This has been going on for about a month or so. After running my computer for an hour or so, most the applications will either shut down, or freeze entirely. Even if I'm not using my pc, and I leave chrome running in the background then it will still crash Chrome...
  9. Screen Time Inconsistancies

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Inconsistancies: I have been trying to debug Screen Time limits for my son. It appears that when the times he logs in and logs out WHICH I can pull from the machines System event logs are NOT being recorded consistently. IN FACT, His MS account reports DIFFERENT Screen Time numbers than MINE...
  10. NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time

NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time: Hi, so friend of mine recently encountered an issue with his PC. His PC started to crash after 20 minutes of boot every single time. So, after he realized that something is wrong, he went to the "PC repair shop". The guys from the shop did not find anything. They...