Windows 10: Game's and Windows stutters and stops giving out a display signal

Discus and support Game's and Windows stutters and stops giving out a display signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, So recently I have been having some issues with my PC for the last month I've been getting notifications from NZXT CAM that my GPU frequently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TeknixTM, Aug 3, 2017.

1. TeknixTM Win User

Game's and Windows stutters and stops giving out a display signal

Hello,

So recently I have been having some issues with my PC for the last month I've been getting notifications from NZXT CAM that my GPU frequently hit's temps of up to 81°C when under 100% load e.g. when playing DiRT 4 so I just ignored it thinking it was fine but now I'm regretting that because whenever I am watching YouTube or Netflix all three monitors will go black and then I will get the "No Signal" pop-up on the monitors and then when it comes back I get like a glitch pattern kind of like the one you'll see when you overclock a GPU too much. So I've come to the conclusion that my GPU is dying and I should contact EVGA and open an RMA Request. However I just wanted to get a second opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Full Specs:
    Processor: i7-7700K 4.5GHz (Turbo)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Z270F
    Power Supply: Corsair CS750M
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz (Red)
    SSD: HyperX Fury 240GB
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 SC

:)

TeknixTM, Aug 3, 2017

2. Windows 10(Stuttering when playing any game and sometimes pc restarts itself after stuttering)

Hi,

So basically this pc was formatted and the windows 10 reinstalled. It fixed the BSOD but the stuttering issue did not stop at all. So when playing any game it just stutters every few seconds and the stutter sometimes takes long like 30 seconds and the pc
    just restarts itself during the stutter which makes the games unplayable.

I really need help for this problem. Any help would be appreciated!

leonardgraycochea, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Chrysler Win User
    Recurrent stutters in games caused by Diagnostics Policy Service

Hi,

I'd like to report an issue I have been experiencing since early Windows 10 Insider builds (if I remember correctly). At the start of every minute, games stutter for about half a second. The stuttering is literally happening exactly every minute. Sometimes
    the stutters are barely noticeably and sometimes they are lasting for more than half a second which is extremely distracting.

I found out that the System Resource Usage Monitor (SRUM) of Diagnostics Policy Service is the cause, more specifically the Energy Estimation Provider (eeprov.dll). It seems to collect stats about energy consumption in the background. Stopping the DPS service
    or just deleting the entry for eeprov.dll at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SRUM\Extensions\{97C2CE28-A37B-4920-B1E9-8B76CD341EC5} fixes the stuttering.

My system:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1511

Packard Bell EasyNote TK 85

Intel Core i5-460M

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, using latest display driver 359.00

6 GB DDR3 memory

SSD system drive

I discovered that the stuttering only happens when games are running with the dedicated NVIDIA graphics adapter. The stutters disappear if I switch to the Intel graphics driver. I am not sure who's to blame, SRUM or the NVIDIA driver, but thought I'll report the
    issue here in any case.

Chrysler, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Game's and Windows stutters and stops giving out a display signal

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you need to open an RMA with EVGA. In the future, I'd recommend using a program like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X to set a custom fan curve for your card. I have SLI 1080 Ti Founders Edition cards, and they generally don't get above 74c after a few hours of gaming because I have a custom curve set. An example of a custom curve is attached below.

Game's and Windows stutters and stops giving out a display signal [​IMG]

blackroseMD1, Aug 3, 2017
  5. TeknixTM Win User
    Ok thank you for the advice I'm going to open an RMA when I get home.

TeknixTM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Game's and Windows stutters and stops giving out a display signal

1. Game's and Windows stutters and stops giving out a display signal - Similar Threads - Game's stutters stops

2. No signal display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal display: My pc starts booting then after that, it displays no signal. It must show the welcome admin but it always went to no signal after booting. Take note the bios loading is on screen and after that it displays no signal. What to do? Thanks...
  3. No signal display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal display: My pc starts booting then after that, it displays no signal. It must show the welcome admin but it always went to no signal after booting. Take note the bios loading is on screen and after that it displays no signal. What to do? Thanks...
  4. No signal display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal": I'm using an Acer Predator Helios 300 with Windows 10 on it, and I keep a second monitor an LG TV connected to it at all times. One day, right after I turned on the computer, it started showing me a "No Signal" message on the TV screen, despite the fact that the computer...
  6. Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal": I'm using an Acer Predator Helios 300 with Windows 10 on it, and I keep a second monitor an LG TV connected to it at all times. One day, right after I turned on the computer, it started showing me a "No Signal" message on the TV screen, despite the fact that the computer...
  7. Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10: Freshly build PC was working fine till May updates. Since then all games were unplayable on 1803. Tried to uninstall updates, reinstall drivers, borrowed few pc parts from a friend - nothing seemed to work. Then at 07.06.2019 I instaled 1903 from Windows Insider program....
  9. No display signal in Windows at 144hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display signal in Windows at 144hz: So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not have this issue with the Asus model nor with my old Nvidia graphics card I was using just a week ago so I have ruled out a...
  10. Displayport gives no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport gives no signal: Hello! So I bought a new monitor, the MG279Q and tried plugging it in to my PC via displayport, the monitor comes with a DP->miniDP cable, (from GTX780 DP to monitors miniDP) and the monitor gives no signal. However the computer does recognize the monitor and for example...