Windows 10: Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds

Discus and support Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing games stored in my external hard drive, but my internal hard drive crashed. I got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 1803 in it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VijyantJain, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds

I was playing games stored in my external hard drive, but my internal hard drive crashed. I got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 1803 in it, set it up from beginning. But now whenever I run the same games from my external hard drive they do not work.

I double click the games, they come in the task manager for few seconds, then again disappear. The same games were working fine before installing the windows again.

I have updated my DirectX, Visual C, .Net framework, installed all my drivers, but the ganes won't just run. Some games are working, like GTA 4, but GTA 5, NFS Payback, Battlefield 4, they all are giving the same problem, ie they appear in task manager for few seconds and then disappear. Please help.

:)

VijyantJain, Jul 25, 2018

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility

Source: Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds

Cant find graphics card on device manager!

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message while playing or to launch a game?

I suggest you to unhide the hidden drivers in Device Manager by following the steps provided below and check if the Graphic card driver is visible:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and click on Show Hidden Devices.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds

1. Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds - Similar Threads - Games Apps launching

2. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi Halo Infinite worked great for weeks. Then I installed Gears 5 and it wont launch and now neither will Halo Infinite. Tried everything I could think of, in the end gave up and reset the PC deleting all old files. But sadly the same. However now notice the game is suspended...
  3. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching: Bit of background though: I was playing Valorant earlier when my standing mic fell onto my keyboard hitting a number of keys. Somehow managing to bring up Geforce in-game overlay, causing Valorant to crash. I don't know what else was hit in the mean time on my keyboard, but...
  4. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching: Bit of background though: I was playing Valorant earlier when my standing mic fell onto my keyboard hitting a number of keys. Somehow managing to bring up Geforce in-game overlay, causing Valorant to crash. I don't know what else was hit in the mean time on my keyboard, but...
  5. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager: I got home today, booted my laptop and went to make myself something to eat. I was surprised that 15 min later, my laptop still wasn't really on. I moved the mouse and I saw that it was shown on the screen but nothing else was being displayed. I force shutdown the laptop and...
  7. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager: I got home today, booted my laptop and went to make myself something to eat. I was surprised that 15 min later, my laptop still wasn't really on. I moved the mouse and I saw that it was shown on the screen but nothing else was being displayed. I force shutdown the laptop and...
  8. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. program/app/game suspended it task manager

program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  10. Games/Apps are not visible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games/Apps are not visible?: So I've had Windows 10 for about, roughly maybe a month now. I have had it back in 2015 when it first got released, or at least that's the driver that I had for it, and ended up downgrading to Windows 8. Multiple years later, I upgraded to Windows 10 again, and after some...