Windows 10: Games closing or not opening properly

Discus and support Games closing or not opening properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fedell6, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Fedell6 Win User

Games closing or not opening properly

I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game play, sometimes up to 4 times within 20 seconds. The icon returns to the task bar and when I click on it again it states the game was paused. This is very irritating, many are quite new games which are supposed to be windows 10 compatible. Others which are older games do not open in a full window although full screen is selected. I have had more than one online chat with Microsoft about this issue and have tried all their suggestions: uninstalling - re-installing the games, checking the compatibility troubleshooter, re-starting computer, running updates etc, and nothing has worked. Does anyone on the forum have a suggestion of what I might try as this is the only thing I do not like about this computer? *Zip

:)

Fedell6, Jan 23, 2018

2. Cannot open games

For some reason, I can not open Minecraft window 10 edition where I bought from redeeming a code. Every time I press "play" button on the minecraft page in Window store, it opens the game showing Mojang for a like 5 second and the game closed again. I
    tried pressing play button the game still wont open properly.

ElliotLee1, Jan 23, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Apps not opening properly or not responding since latest upgrade

If one works maybe the others will also.

lacrumb, Jan 23, 2018
  4. Games closing or not opening properly

Hi,

Are those heavy duty games? I can't see your machine specs but if you don't have enough RAM the game will stop working.

You might wanna check the minimum system specs requirements for every game you play (Check their website).

Or it could be your graphics card, try updating it.

Midou35000, Jan 24, 2018
  5. Fedell6 Win User
    The games I play are fairly straightforward, I don't download large file games or games with high quality graphics. The problem has only occurred since I have been using this new computer. My old computer had Windows 7 on it and I never had this problem. I also have less games on this computer than my old one, so it is unlikely the RAM is overloaded and I would think the automatic updates would update the graphics card, as this computer is only 12 months old, I would have thought it would have up to date programs which should prevent these kind of problems.

Fedell6, Jan 27, 2018
  6. Faith Win User
    If you're out of memory Windows will tell you. If your standby memory is full it will simply be replaced. I think your issue is something else, and upon reading it seems that a background program may want your attention. Your game simply minimizes itself, not closes, so something is not right there. Check for any unecessary programs that may be running in the background. As far as the graphics card is concerned, you have a laptop so if you want to update the graphics driver you should go to your laptop manufacturer's website and see if there's a new video card driver available, these aren't usually offered through Windows update, or if they are they may be outdated depending on your graphics chip.

Faith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Games closing or not opening properly

1. Games closing or not opening properly - Similar Threads - Games closing opening

2. Epic games not launching properly and keeps closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic games not launching properly and keeps closing: On my windows11 installed hp Victus the epic games launcher opens for a split second to a blank application screen and then closes the launcher and I am unable to use the app, is there anything I can do to run it properly?...
  3. Epic games not launching properly and keeps closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epic games not launching properly and keeps closing: On my windows11 installed hp Victus the epic games launcher opens for a split second to a blank application screen and then closes the launcher and I am unable to use the app, is there anything I can do to run it properly?...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Opens Then Closes Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Opens Then Closes Immediately: Hello I'm on AMD 7700x processor running Windows 11 22H2 os build 22623.1037. Im also using Steam program to play Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. No matter any of the fixes I've found on the internet, powershell install/uninstall, reg edits, repair, reset, etc, my problem...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Opens Then Closes Immediately

Xbox Game Bar Opens Then Closes Immediately: Hello I'm on AMD 7700x processor running Windows 11 22H2 os build 22623.1037. Im also using Steam program to play Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. No matter any of the fixes I've found on the internet, powershell install/uninstall, reg edits, repair, reset, etc, my problem...
  6. Games open for a brief second, and then close.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games open for a brief second, and then close.: I have tried opening a game from my windows 10 computer multiple times only for it to close as soon as it opens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-open-for-a-brief-second-and-then-close/75e1c438-ae85-4b75-a4e1-64142c30d6d7
  7. Outlook won't close properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook won't close properly: When I close Outlook by clicking on the X in the upper right, Outlook won't close. The suggested repairs failed. To open Outlook again, I had to first close it in Task Manager. I closed Outlook by going to FILE, then EXIT. Now Outlook closes properly, and I can reopen it...
  8. Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders opening and closing on desktop properly: I have a new Dell Windows 10 machine. As I open a new folder the previous folders stack up behind the newest window. If I click on a sub folder it swings to the opposite side of the screen. All this going on makes for a very confusing and difficult to keep up with desktop. I...
  9. Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.: I tell you, Windows 10 is a bit*h with it's metro app implementation! I had purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and attempted to get the free realm trail and after that, the app would no longer function. See the video here Minecraft Windows 10 crashing - YouTube Now i'm...
  10. Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.

Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.: I tell you, Windows 10 is a bit*h with it's metro app implementation! I had purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and attempted to get the free realm trail and after that, the app would no longer function. See the video here Minecraft Windows 10 crashing - YouTube Now i'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem pcgames gow4 icon close window 1803