Windows 10: Games crashing after switching to full screen

Discus and support Games crashing after switching to full screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I select full screen mode in World of Tanks BSOD appears with message "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". The issue is fixed if I have same resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brea3Ker, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Brea3Ker Win User

Games crashing after switching to full screen

When I select full screen mode in World of Tanks BSOD appears with message "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". The issue is fixed if I have same resolution in windows as in game. I run windows at 1920x1080 which is my resolution of monitor but it gets fixed if I change to 1280x768 which is my in game resolution. I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and I have reinstalled graphic drivers but BSOD still appears.

:)

Brea3Ker, Dec 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 mouse lag when game is in full screen mode

Hi,

After i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10, I seeing severe lag when i turn the game to full-screen mode. The game works fine if I play in the normal mode (when i switch out of fullscreen to window mode). The weird thing is if i launch the game
    for the 1st time in full screen mode it works fine until i toggle (Alt + Tab) from full-screen game to an existing web-browser. When I toggle from full screen game to web-browser and toggle back to full screen game mode, i see severe mouse lag, and i have
    to switch out of the full screen game mode to windowed game mode the fix the mouse lag.

My System: Lenevo Z710,

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce DT 745M

Mouse: HID-Compliant Device

Lenevo Pointing Device

JinnySandhu, Dec 3, 2017
  3. BielVeras Win User
    Maintaining full screen while switching between two desktops.

Hello! I was wondering if this option is possible. I prefer playing games on full screen mode, and the new option to use more than one desktop really helps me organize my game windows and browsers. The problem is that if I have two games running at the same
    time, on different desktops, and one or both of them is in full screen mode, If I switch to another desktop and switch back, it doesn`t automatically open the full screen game I was playing. Instead, it shows me the desktop and I have to go and click on the
    icon at the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to open it back up.

Is there a way that I can configure the screen switching so that it doesn`t exit full screen mode when I switch to another desktop?

BielVeras, Dec 3, 2017
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Welcome to the forums Brea3Ker,

It's a known issue with the Creators fall update, Microsoft released a new update to fix it as seen here: Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums
    Even though the circumstances are slightly different, the black screen is caused by an unexpected kernel mode trap.

Make sure you do a clean install of your GPU drivers after you update, and let us know how you get along.

MrNeeds, Dec 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Games crashing after switching to full screen - Similar Threads - Games crashing switching

2. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  3. No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No cursor in all full screen games, crashes in windowed mode: I've been having an issue with all games on my pc. I used to play games on it, then stopped for a few years and now I'm trying to use it for games again but I'm having a HUGE issue with the mouse. Any game that loads in full screen does not have a mouse cursor. The mouse...
  4. playing games in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing games in full screen: I am trying to play the Heroes of might and magic series through UpLay. For some reason it has stopped loading in full screen mode. It will load and play but in a tiny window. How can I get it back to full scrren?...
  5. games won't go full screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    games won't go full screen: Just as the title says, my games wont go full screen, when i go to the option in game to change it go full screen it just reverts back to window mode....
  6. Colour changing in video when switching to full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Colour changing in video when switching to full screen: Hi Guys. My first thread/post on here and I'm hoping someone can help. I just bought an Honor Magicbook Ryzen (China only, but I believe they are the same as the Huawei version as Honor is the budget brand of Huawei). I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (1803) as...
  7. can't play full screen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't play full screen games: when I open any game i see black borders at the sides. I have Intel HD graphics display adapter and NVIDIA graphics driver installed on my laptop (everything is up to data). I tried many solutions but there is no "scale full screen" option in Intel control panel with res...
  8. Game DVR no sound and no full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR no sound and no full screen.: Testing the xbox game DVR records great but for some reason does not record sound. Also will not work if a game is in full screen mode only works in windowed mode. Anyone else noticed this and know away to fix it? 10882
  9. Problems with full screen games!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with full screen games!: My son has a PC & whenever he plays full screen games. A noise comes from his tower like a high pitched static noise & flickering lines appear on the screen. As soon as he minimises the game, it stops. He has a Q9300 CPU, 4gig DDR3 & a HD6770 GPU. Any suggestions to...
  10. Switching between full screen apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between full screen apps: I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen load another app now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want in 10 go to start screen load app and use...