Windows 10: Games crashing after switching to full screen

Discus and support Games crashing after switching to full screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I select full screen mode in World of Tanks BSOD appears with message "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". The issue is fixed if I have same resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brea3Ker, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Brea3Ker Win User

Games crashing after switching to full screen

When I select full screen mode in World of Tanks BSOD appears with message "UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". The issue is fixed if I have same resolution in windows as in game. I run windows at 1920x1080 which is my resolution of monitor but it gets fixed if I change to 1280x768 which is my in game resolution. I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and I have reinstalled graphic drivers but BSOD still appears.

:)

Brea3Ker, Dec 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 mouse lag when game is in full screen mode

Hi,

After i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10, I seeing severe lag when i turn the game to full-screen mode. The game works fine if I play in the normal mode (when i switch out of fullscreen to window mode). The weird thing is if i launch the game
    for the 1st time in full screen mode it works fine until i toggle (Alt + Tab) from full-screen game to an existing web-browser. When I toggle from full screen game to web-browser and toggle back to full screen game mode, i see severe mouse lag, and i have
    to switch out of the full screen game mode to windowed game mode the fix the mouse lag.

My System: Lenevo Z710,

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce DT 745M

Mouse: HID-Compliant Device

Lenevo Pointing Device

JinnySandhu, Dec 3, 2017
  3. BielVeras Win User
    Maintaining full screen while switching between two desktops.

Hello! I was wondering if this option is possible. I prefer playing games on full screen mode, and the new option to use more than one desktop really helps me organize my game windows and browsers. The problem is that if I have two games running at the same
    time, on different desktops, and one or both of them is in full screen mode, If I switch to another desktop and switch back, it doesn`t automatically open the full screen game I was playing. Instead, it shows me the desktop and I have to go and click on the
    icon at the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to open it back up.

Is there a way that I can configure the screen switching so that it doesn`t exit full screen mode when I switch to another desktop?

BielVeras, Dec 3, 2017
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Welcome to the forums Brea3Ker,

It's a known issue with the Creators fall update, Microsoft released a new update to fix it as seen here: Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums
    Even though the circumstances are slightly different, the black screen is caused by an unexpected kernel mode trap.

Make sure you do a clean install of your GPU drivers after you update, and let us know how you get along.

MrNeeds, Dec 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Games crashing after switching to full screen - Similar Threads - Games crashing switching

2. My full screen games and applications crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My full screen games and applications crash: When games run, or some applications, in full screen, after 2-30 minutes either the games or the whole pc crashes. Just a pitch black screen and restarts. This started to occur after I put my cpu or powersupply inside.Specs:Cpu - amd a8 6600kGpu - r9 390x MSI with 6gb...
  3. My full screen games and applications crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My full screen games and applications crash: When games run, or some applications, in full screen, after 2-30 minutes either the games or the whole pc crashes. Just a pitch black screen and restarts. This started to occur after I put my cpu or powersupply inside.Specs:Cpu - amd a8 6600kGpu - r9 390x MSI with 6gb...
  4. My full screen games and applications crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games Crashing In Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing In Full Screen: I haven't had issues with my computer running games with full-screen mode in the past but within the last two weeks every game I play has crashed on my computer. I then decided to open up my computer and clean it, restart, and encountered the same issue. This time, I factory...
  6. Games Crashing In Full Screen

Games Crashing In Full Screen: I haven't had issues with my computer running games with full-screen mode in the past but within the last two weeks every game I play has crashed on my computer. I then decided to open up my computer and clean it, restart, and encountered the same issue. This time, I factory...
  7. Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen

Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen: I am currently using a Asus Tuf Gaming fx504GD laptop with an i5 8th gen and gtx 1050 graphics with 16 gb memory. when ever i try to use my acer 165hz monitor with the laptop it works fine untill i open any games in full screen. for some reason the refresh rate switches to...
  8. Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen: I am currently using a Asus Tuf Gaming fx504GD laptop with an i5 8th gen and gtx 1050 graphics with 16 gb memory. when ever i try to use my acer 165hz monitor with the laptop it works fine untill i open any games in full screen. for some reason the refresh rate switches to...
  9. Monitor Switches to 30Hz when games are opened in full screen

10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - full screen gaming crashed

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - full screen gaming crashed: I getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when i try to change my game to full screen it crashed. My graphic Driver also crashed. I have tried to reinstall window, graphic driver, my game it still same. Uploaded minidump and system information as below:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 full screen crash