Windows 10: Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

Discus and support Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I'm having a problem where after a few minutes in many games they will start to lag and the cpu % will go down. I've updated my drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Storm934, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Storm934 Win User

Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

Hello. I'm having a problem where after a few minutes in many games they will start to lag and the cpu % will go down. I've updated my drivers, downloaded the latest updates, reinstalled windows with media creation tool, reset the pc to factory defaults, and used the troubleshooting tool but with no solution. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Heres my system information

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name LAPTOP-38GOONFS
    System Manufacturer Acer
    System Model ES1-572
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU ES1-572_1085_V1.11
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.11, 8/16/2016
    SMBIOS Version 3.0
    Embedded Controller Version 1.07
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Acer
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Off
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.87 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3.95 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 9.75 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.49 GB
    Page File Space 1.88 GB

:)

Storm934, Aug 3, 2018

2. Csgo game lag stutter

Hi D'andre,

I realize that you are facing lag issues with a game. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this game?
    You may temporarily disable any 3rd party security software and check if this helps.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software
    is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Windows 10 game stuttering

Not sure what game(s) are giving you this problem but in my experience with Flt. Sim X, I have had similar issues of stuttering and game lag/freezes. Hopefully, others will call in with their suggestions, but mine are:

1. For stutters: happens when my processor isn't able to read/process the graphics on the screen fast enough. As I approach high density airports, I get minor stutters and drop in frame rates. This is due to low processor speed (3.4 ghz) and depleted
    VAS (Virtual Address Space) required to run the game smoothly. Solution: increasing my frames to Unlimited helps, but turning down graphics, moving vehicles, etc. brings the most gain.

2. For lag/freezes: I don't experience this, as I make sure that when I boot the computer, I allow up to 15 minutes for it to fully load, with its Services, internet checking, etc. However, when you get a delay or a freeze for some time, then you need
    to see what Service, Update, System checking, etc. is going on in the background. Sometimes, Anti-virus software could suddenly start a check or scheduled task could kick in. All these need to be disabled, or at least you need to find out what is starting
    while you are gaming, by checking in your Task Manager. This will give you some idea of what is going on in the background.

Hope you make some progress with this.

Chriso747, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

1. Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes - Similar Threads - Games lagging stuttering

2. I have weird stutters in games after last windows update, it stops after few minutes....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have weird stutters in games after last windows update, it stops after few minutes....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sadreder [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yay4ip/i_have_weird_stutters_in_games_after_last_windows/
  3. Stutters and lags in the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  4. Stutters and lags in the game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  5. My game start lagging and audio is stuttering after i play it for about 5 minutes

My game start lagging and audio is stuttering after i play it for about 5 minutes: So my games like forza horizon 5, rise of the tomb rider used to be playable but idk why all of a sudden the game became so laggy and the audio is stuttering, can anyone help me fix this?this is my specsDevice name LAPTOP-2OTSKULF Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 @...
  6. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  7. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  8. Mouse starts to lag/stutter a few minutes after PC boots up

Mouse starts to lag/stutter a few minutes after PC boots up: The mouse is a Dell Alienware Elite Gaming Mouse AW958. The problem started about 3 days ago after running the Windows DeBloater. When I boot up my PC, for the first few minutes, there are no stutters or lag but a few minutes in it starts. Does anyone have any idea what the...
  9. Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major stuttering a few minutes after boot: I want to make sure to give as much info as possible so this will be a bit long but bear with me. Up until recently i had a PC with these parts. I've used it for a year with no problems at all. Only very rare and minor stuttering nothing major. Recently I've bought anew PC...
  10. Mouse lag every few minutes

Mouse lag every few minutes: Every few minutes, my mouse will lag for a very short amount of time. I first noticed this problem happening around 2 weeks ago. I have tried multiple mice/mousepads so I believe the issue has to do with my PC. I have also been using this PC for ~4 years with no prior...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fic games start laging after 10 minutes

2. games start lagging after few minutes

3. Rust I get stutters every few minutes

4. game lag after few mintes,
  5. game stutters after a few minutes,
  6. rocket league getting lag frame dropping rx580,
  7. games stuttering after a few minutes,
  8. windows 10 games stutter after a few minutes