Windows 10: Games minimise and crashing.

Discus and support Games minimise and crashing. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Several games I play will minimise after playing for a while. The screen goes black, the monitor shuts off briefly and I am unable to open the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bans, Mar 9, 2017.

1. bans Win User

Games minimise and crashing.

Several games I play will minimise after playing for a while. The screen goes black, the monitor shuts off briefly and I am unable to open the game again (crashes, but a little grey bar appears at the top right of the screen with the game name displayed), but I can hear the game music/sfx in the background. I've had this issue with Fallout4 Man'o'war Cosair and Savage Lands. I've had this issue before with a previous graphics card (Nvidia GT250). I've checked the file integrity via SFC and no issues were encountered. My graphics drivers are all up to date. There doesn't seem to be another program trying to open up. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

bans, Mar 9, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

FULL SCREEN APPS AND GAMES KEEP MINIMIZING TO DESKTOP WITHOUT ANY REASON IN WINDOWS 10

"When i do nothing and the desktop screen is there on my computer, something just pops up and get closed in just a second.... "

Something that is not related to a program you are running which just pops up on the desktop, and diapears again is another

issue to games minimising, but whatever is causing this popup is probably what is causing the games to minimise.

"when i tries your method by opening a full screen game such gta.... it just minimised after some seconds"

Which of the GTA games, and what brand and model graphics processors does your machine use ?

How far does the game get before it minimises ? Does it minimise after the setup screen loads, or after starting the game play ?

Are you able to get the game running again by clicking on the games Taskbar button to maximise it again ?

BossDweeb, Mar 9, 2017
  3. SMS Backup

App crashes on a Windows 10 laptop with 16Gb RAM. - seems to minimise or crash out or whatever during the read message process.

somethingbrite, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Games minimise and crashing.

The GPU times out. There's a registry setting you can use to extend the timeout period. I've run into this a few times, but cannot for the life of me think of what it is called right now.

OK, found that pretty quick.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

• Run regedit to launch the registry editor
    • Navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
    • If the TdrDelay key doesn't already exist, create it with type REG_DWORD (Even on a 64-bit OS)
    • The value represents the timeout threshold in seconds. I believe the default is 2. Try 5 for starters, you can increase it if you need to.
    • Reboot.

SylenThunder, Mar 9, 2017
  5. bans Win User
    Thanks SylenThunder, will check it out and see if it works.

bans, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Games minimise and crashing.

1. Games minimise and crashing. - Similar Threads - Games minimise crashing

2. Snip minimising

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip minimising: Every time I do a snip with the snipping tool, the program minimises so that I have to click it again to reopen it to save the snip. How do I stop it doing this. Never happened on W10.Running W11, 22H2, build 22621.1265Any help appreciated....
  3. Snip minimising

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip minimising: Every time I do a snip with the snipping tool, the program minimises so that I have to click it again to reopen it to save the snip. How do I stop it doing this. Never happened on W10.Running W11, 22H2, build 22621.1265Any help appreciated....
  4. Games being minimised by unknown/rogue process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games being minimised by unknown/rogue process: HelloSo, the past 7/8 weeks, I’ve been trying to track an issue to no avail, which causes a cmd prompt to flash up for a split second, minimising games, before disappearing without a trace. I downloaded a process logger to try and catch what is causing it, which lead me to a...
  5. Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I quickly minimise or exit a full screen game ?: Hi I wanted to know how I can minimise full screen games or if that's not possible how to close them fast? submitted by /u/Shadow8779 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kouecy/can_i_quickly_minimise_or_exit_a_full_screen_game/
  6. Alt tab not minimising some games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt tab not minimising some games?: I have a single monitor. I used to be able to alt tab out of a full screen game and it would minimize in the background until I opened it again. As of a couple of days ago about half the games I've tried that used to run full screen fine no longer minimize when I alt tab and...
  7. Alt tab not minimising some games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt tab not minimising some games?: I have a single monitor. I used to be able to alt tab out of a full screen game and it would minimize in the background until I opened it again. As of a couple of days ago about half the games I've tried that used to run full screen fine no longer minimize when I alt tab and...
  8. Games minimising to desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimising to desktop randomly: Has anyone encountered an issue where games minimise to your desktop randomly? I've done everything i can think of and have tried most suggested things online. the only way I've managed to resolve the issue briefly is when i re-install windows. Any suggestions would be...
  9. Windows Explorer minimising games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer minimising games?: Started happening a day or two ago, not sure why. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617396973116325888/645394925915078657/unknown.png submitted by /u/Kimiko-_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxe3lu/windows_explorer_minimising_games/
  10. Game minimising in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game minimising in Windows 10: I recently built my own PC over the winter season which I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 on for about a week or two which was working fine. I then activated the software and now I seem to be encountering a problem where most games that I am playing (mainly from steam)...