Windows 10: Games minimizing to desktop

Discus and support Games minimizing to desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gettheclicker, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Games minimizing to desktop

It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result.

I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other screens. The... Ok now it's happening as I'm typing. Windows 10's focus seems to go elsewhere but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

It's random too. I've checked the event viewer, nothing out of the ordinary there. I've rebooted and the first thing I did was try Rocket League. It was going smoothly, took longer than last time but it still happened.

Update - Figured it out. Some unknown file threat I can't even spell .dll was causing the issue. Found it after running malwarebytes, ccleaner, and SuperAntiSpyware.

:)

gettheclicker, Feb 8, 2017
  2. .Monkey Win User

Keeping Game Fullscreen

When I have a game on fullscreen mode on Windows 10 and then I switch to a different desktop and then come back to the game's desktop, the game becomes minimized and takes a while for it to go back into it. Is there any way to keep it from minimizing when
    switching desktops so I can get back to the game instantly without waiting ~10 seconds?

Thank you

.Monkey, Feb 8, 2017
  3. .Monkey Win User
    Keeping Game Fullscreen

There's nothing wrong with my computer. I just want to know if there's a way to keep a game not minimized when switching between virtual desktops.

.Monkey, Feb 8, 2017
Thema:

Games minimizing to desktop

1. Games minimizing to desktop - Similar Threads - Games minimizing desktop

2. Games minimizing at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing at random: Hello. I have an issue that while playing any game in full screen it minimizes without crashing (most of the time). I have seen several posts in various places about this after googling it but i have not found a solution to the problem. Most of them suggest disabling an...
  3. Games minimized to destop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimized to destop: With the recent automatic update of 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4340917), a problem arises in that I cannot play any games now. All games, within 2 seconds, minimize to desktop and the only solution has been to uninstall the...
  4. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: This is just a heads up in case you're suddenly finding your games minimizing to the desktop within the last couple of days. Up till yesterday, all my games ran great. Today, much frustration as games would open for 2 seconds then minimize, no matter which game I opened....
  5. minimizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimizing games: when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png 68482
  6. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572
  7. Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop: Hi! I've had my custom built desktop for a few months now. It has Windows 10 Pro installed as the OS. The issue I am having is that when I try to play games in fullscreen mode, they will periodically be minimized to the desktop. It appears they are still running in the...
  8. BSOD when a game is minimized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when a game is minimized: Hello everyone, this is my most disliked thing of windows 10, The Incompatibility and lots of errors. In the factory installed W8.1 everything was fine, but Windows 10 Came in and ruined everything. When I minimize a game and leave it open, it just crashes the computer with...
  9. Acting slow with minimized game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acting slow with minimized game: I installed win 10 yesterday upgrading a win 7 and after a few problems now its working fine with some exceptions. The mos t important problem that I have is that when im playing and for example a friend calls me from skype I minimise the game and its all slow. It takes me...
  10. Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly: Every five minutes or so my full screen programs minimize to the desktop while the mouse is idle(when I'm using a controller or watching a movie), and i believe the culprit is an application that opens and closes before I can see it. I've scoured the event viewer, and have...