Windows 10: Games minimizing to desktop

Discus and support Games minimizing to desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gettheclicker, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Games minimizing to desktop

It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result.

I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other screens. The... Ok now it's happening as I'm typing. Windows 10's focus seems to go elsewhere but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

It's random too. I've checked the event viewer, nothing out of the ordinary there. I've rebooted and the first thing I did was try Rocket League. It was going smoothly, took longer than last time but it still happened.

Update - Figured it out. Some unknown file threat I can't even spell .dll was causing the issue. Found it after running malwarebytes, ccleaner, and SuperAntiSpyware.

:)

gettheclicker, Feb 8, 2017
  2. .Monkey Win User

Keeping Game Fullscreen

When I have a game on fullscreen mode on Windows 10 and then I switch to a different desktop and then come back to the game's desktop, the game becomes minimized and takes a while for it to go back into it. Is there any way to keep it from minimizing when
    switching desktops so I can get back to the game instantly without waiting ~10 seconds?

Thank you

.Monkey, Feb 8, 2017
  3. .Monkey Win User
    Keeping Game Fullscreen

There's nothing wrong with my computer. I just want to know if there's a way to keep a game not minimized when switching between virtual desktops.

.Monkey, Feb 8, 2017
Thema:

Games minimizing to desktop

1. Games minimizing to desktop - Similar Threads - Games minimizing desktop

2. windows 10 keeps minimizing my games to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 keeps minimizing my games to desktop: This just happens recently. If I play a game at Fullscreen, it minimize / alt tab to desktop. If I'm on windowed mode, I see flickering color change on the top of the tab color. I tried solutions like disabling Xbox game bar and rolled back graphics driver. submitted by...
  3. Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop: There are many threads about this, going back more than a decade. I had this problem in Windows 10, and now I have it on a new machine with Windows 11. I have tried every solution that has been suggested, and nothing fixes it. The biggest problem is that it is impossible to...
  4. Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop: There are many threads about this, going back more than a decade. I had this problem in Windows 10, and now I have it on a new machine with Windows 11. I have tried every solution that has been suggested, and nothing fixes it. The biggest problem is that it is impossible to...
  5. Games keep minimizing to desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games keep minimizing to desktop.: Hey everyone! So Ive started having this issue with my pc where all games just keep minimizing to the desktop randomly on their own. Its really annoying and I dont know whats causing it. Are any of you guys experiencing this at the moment? I havent changed any of my settings...
  6. Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop games from auto-minimizing to desktop?: This issue has popped up within the last few weeks and I've never had it happen before in the years I've played games. While I am playing a game, anytime I leave the game idle for a minute or two as get up and walk away from my desk it automatically minimizes to the desktop....
  7. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: This is just a heads up in case you're suddenly finding your games minimizing to the desktop within the last couple of days. Up till yesterday, all my games ran great. Today, much frustration as games would open for 2 seconds then minimize, no matter which game I opened....
  8. minimizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimizing games: when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png 68482
  9. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572
  10. Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop: Hi! I've had my custom built desktop for a few months now. It has Windows 10 Pro installed as the OS. The issue I am having is that when I try to play games in fullscreen mode, they will periodically be minimized to the desktop. It appears they are still running in the...