Windows 10: Games not responding

Discus and support Games not responding in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just recently I bought a new computer. The first game that I installed was League of legends at first it was working fine then suddenly it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alphaphiphi, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Games not responding

Just recently I bought a new computer. The first game that I installed was League of legends at first it was working fine then suddenly it was beginning to not respond when I am in game. As for another game , Borderlands 2, when i alt tab my screen goes black for more than 1 second. I don't know how to fix these issues please help. thank you.

:)

alphaphiphi, Jul 14, 2018

2. game not responding

Thank you for confirming that to us. We suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to resolve game freezes or game not responding on a Windows 10 device. If the same issue
    happens on a specific game and if the problem persists after performing this troubleshooting, it would be best for you to contact the game developer. They have the capability to check whether the problem is on the game server so they can have it resolve on
    their end.

If you have inquiries, feel free to post back so we could assist you accordingly.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 14, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Games not responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Games not responding

System Stopped Responding aka Freezed

Thank you for your prompt response. Based on your answers, there are possibility that some components of the game are corrupted. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.

Here are the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall your game:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list.
    • Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
    • Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
    • To reinstall your game, open Windows Store app, and then select the profile button.
    • Select My Library.
    • Locate the game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

We also suggest that you restart your computer to normal startup to disable unnecessary apps that run in the background of your computer while you are using it. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click
      OK
    • On the General tab, click the
      Normal Startup
      , and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
      Restart.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the steps above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Games not responding

1. Games not responding - Similar Threads - Games responding

2. After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming: In the middle of playing games, after the update, my controller stops responding in the middle of playing and nothing fixes it. It lasts for less than a minute, but it happens frequently. I have used different controllers. I have used controllers with Bluetooth and hardwired...
  3. After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the latest Windows update, my controller stops responding while gaming: In the middle of playing games, after the update, my controller stops responding in the middle of playing and nothing fixes it. It lasts for less than a minute, but it happens frequently. I have used different controllers. I have used controllers with Bluetooth and hardwired...
  4. Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source

Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary: While i play some game with high...
  5. Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Driver nvlddmkm Stopped Responding While Gaming, Can't Find Source: First, my specs:OS: Windows 11 HomeCPU: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzMOBO: Asustek PRIME Z590-PRAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 RAM 16GB 3600MHz x2GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080PSU: Corsair HX1000 watt 80 PLUS platniumSummary: While i play some game with high...
  6. low respond time while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low respond time while gaming: hey, so my problem is that when i'm playing a game Valorant by exemple. when i touch the key to go left or any other direction, it takes like a second or two before it realy does go left. the weird part is that it happens only at the fisrt thirthy minutes and after that it...
  7. low respond time while gaming

low respond time while gaming: hey, so my problem is that when i'm playing a game Valorant by exemple. when i touch the key to go left or any other direction, it takes like a second or two before it realy does go left. the weird part is that it happens only at the fisrt thirthy minutes and after that it...
  8. Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu: Ever since I installed windows 11 this year I have been experiencing many issues with gaming. Although my build is leaning towards high end and on paper capable of 1440p gaming; simple games like fortnite and valorant are struggling to start up without freezing and my task...
  9. Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu

Unable to play games and task manager not responding amd gpu: Ever since I installed windows 11 this year I have been experiencing many issues with gaming. Although my build is leaning towards high end and on paper capable of 1440p gaming; simple games like fortnite and valorant are struggling to start up without freezing and my task...
  10. How to fix .exe Games that are not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix .exe Games that are not responding: Hi so when I open a game that uses .exe for its application it opens then loads for a sec or two the a message pops up saying the name.exe is not responding how do I fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what it mean when i am playing a game and it stops and stated not responding files are missing could be your anti virous keeping me from playing me game