Windows 10: Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly

Discus and support Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every five minutes or so my full screen programs minimize to the desktop while the mouse is idle(when I'm using a controller or watching a movie), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MoistRope, Jun 23, 2016.

1. MoistRope Win User

Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly

Every five minutes or so my full screen programs minimize to the desktop while the mouse is idle(when I'm using a controller or watching a movie), and i believe the culprit is an application that opens and closes before I can see it. I've scoured the event viewer, and have found nothing. Is there a way to figure out what application is opening? Perhaps it's a windows feature trying to open and close? I've done a lot of research and it seems that solutions that have worked for other is not working for me. Any help at all would be appreciated!

:)

MoistRope, Jun 23, 2016

2. Full Screen Game/Programs minimize

I was able to see at the top of the box: C:USER:.... and that's all i could see. I hope it helps

Logos Realm, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Full Screen Game/Programs minimize

When ever I am playing a game in full screen mode, there is a short popup that look like a .exe or command.exe is running, and then goes away again very quickly. I can't even see what it called. It is very annoying and almost makes the computer unusable,
    it happens two or three times a minute. Any way on how to stop this from happening?

Im using windows 10, but it was happening before i upgraded on windows 8.1 as well

Logos Realm, Jun 23, 2016
  4. Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly

I've seen this on my machine as well with Fallout 4. Randomly minimizes the game for no apparent reason. I have also scoured the logs without success. Can't find any reason for it... Happens even when I'm not touching the keyboard (no accidental Windows key hits)

Axeman6ft7, Jun 23, 2016
  5. MoistRope Win User
    [Update] I believe it's only happening with fullscreened programs, as I played games for a number of hours in borderless window, and windowed mode using a controller.

MoistRope, Jun 24, 2016
  6. I concur, only occurs in Full screen mode. It's almost as if the lockout to keep it in Fullscreen Mode is disengaged somehow, and any sort of normal notification pop up, etc. will make it pop out of Fullscreen and minimize. Happens with Fallout4 and Doom 2016. Very weird, and very annoying...

Axeman6ft7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly

1. Games or any full screen program minimize to desktop randomly - Similar Threads - Games full screen

2. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  3. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  4. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing Destiny 2 via Steam in full screen mode and occasionally, maybe every 10 or 15 minutes the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game...
  5. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing Destiny 2 via Steam in full screen mode and occasionally, maybe every 10 or 15 minutes the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game...
  6. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  7. HDR minimize game in full screen

HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  8. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games: This happens randomly whenever I am playing games on my computer. My computer will randomly minimize the game sending me back to my desktop and it's really annoying as it happens multiple times a day sometimes. It happens randomly and on all games, not just one game engine....
  10. Random Minimizes in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Minimizes in Full Screen: Hi guys, In the last week i've been through random minimizes while in full screen (Movies,Clips,Games Etc.) I tried checking for malware, there wasn't any malware. I also tried to format my pc, still same issue. Anyone knows a solution? Thanks! submitted by /u/Ofeku1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fallout 4 minimizing to desktop

2. programs randomly minimize to desktop

3. minecraft minimizes to desktop randomly

4. how to fix fullscreen minimize,
  5. how to stop minecraft minimizing to desktop\,
  6. fix for Windows 10 pro fullscreen games minimize,
  7. windows 10 - programs randomly minimize,
  8. games randomly minimize windows error noise,
  9. full screen game minimizes for no reason,
  10. how to fix a pc game that randomly minimizes to desktop,
  11. windows 10 minimize to desktop full screen