Windows 10: Games won't launch - says wmvcore.dll is missing.

Discus and support Games won't launch - says wmvcore.dll is missing. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Enterprise. Some games that I watch says this file is missing. I ran dxwebsetup and directxredist.exe - I also downloaded the media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cruelgame, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Cruelgame Win User

Games won't launch - says wmvcore.dll is missing.

I have Windows 10 Enterprise. Some games that I watch says this file is missing. I ran dxwebsetup and directxredist.exe - I also downloaded the media update from the Microsoft website KB3099299. None of it has helped. Please help!

:)

Cruelgame, Jul 16, 2017

2. Error WMVCore.DLL missing from your computer

i have problem in Error WMVCore.DLL

mudhafarqassim, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Error WMVCore.DLL missing from your computer

mudhafarqassim, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Games won't launch - says wmvcore.dll is missing.

You are missing the correct Windows Media Feature pack version. KB3099299 is very old.

Please run winver.exe and report back which Windows 10 Enterprise version you are running.

HERE is the latest pack. It is for version 1703 of Windows.

slicendice, Jul 17, 2017
  5. Cruelgame Win User
    That seems to have done it. Thanks!

Cruelgame, Jul 18, 2017
  6. You're welcome! Enjoy corporate gaming! *Wink

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Games won't launch - says wmvcore.dll is missing.

1. Games won't launch - says wmvcore.dll is missing. - Similar Threads - Games won't launch

2. Video games won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video games won't launch: 99% of video games I own, both from steam and not, which used to work just fine, suddenly won't launch. Didn't change or download anything new. If I restart the computer, I can launch them and play them just fine but if I close the game or even leave it in the background for...
  3. Game won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game won't launch: I have a game downloaded via the game pass on the Microsoft store on PC. It was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any new updates since then. But, now when I go to open it, it shows a loading cursor and then nothing. When I click on it again, it reads that it is...
  4. Game won't launch

Game won't launch: I have a game downloaded via the game pass on the Microsoft store on PC. It was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any new updates since then. But, now when I go to open it, it shows a loading cursor and then nothing. When I click on it again, it reads that it is...
  5. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1114 DLL Error when launch game: the dynamic link library initialization program crashedDLL - google translator.https://store.steampowered.com/app/814540/Changed/I have already tried to reinstall visual c++ and change video card settings....
  6. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1114 DLL Error when launch game: the dynamic link library initialization program crashedDLL - google translator.https://store.steampowered.com/app/814540/Changed/I have already tried to reinstall visual c++ and change video card settings....
  7. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

8. Missing .dll file for game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing .dll file for game: Greetings, When I try to launch a game I get the error message: "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_43.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this." I have so far done a complete reinstall of Windows twice, updated windows and drivers,...
  9. Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG: Hi team, I'm Asus laptop works on Windows 10 Home Edition (as far as I know), just two days ago, I downloaded the PUGB game. Right after I launched that game, it just didn't run and work. A message screen appears that says msvcp140.dll is missing. After going through...
  10. Final Fantasy 15 and other games not launching because of missing DLL.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Final Fantasy 15 and other games not launching because of missing DLL.: This is the second time i wasn't able to launch a game (in this case FF15) because one of the last Windows updates removed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and several of my games are dependent on it. I am now stuck with the 2017 version which means that every time i tried to...