Windows 10: gaming computer viper 2 after windows 10 install tried factory reset

Discus and support gaming computer viper 2 after windows 10 install tried factory reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so my nephew got a "gaming" PC i think a viper 2 or something original windows 7 but used disk to install windows 10 without activating..... Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pcmoney, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Pcmoney Win User

gaming computer viper 2 after windows 10 install tried factory reset

Ok so my nephew got a "gaming" PC i think a viper 2 or something original windows 7 but used disk to install windows 10 without activating..... Start wouldn't work so tried erasing admin account and create one w/o password then still couldn't get start to come up so i looked up different tricks non of witch worked so tried factory resetting and wiping all files got an error resseting tried ( In the new window, Select Troubleshoot --> Advanced options --> Command prompt.
    3.Next, select the administrator account.
    4.Now provide the credentials for the admin account you opted in the previous step.) But he didn't remember password for admin acc PC then reset well turned off now only misi flashes on black screen with comp on! And im completely unable to get anything else to boot even tried hard reboot pc turned off and stayed off until manually turned back on just to do same theing black screen with misi flashing on for a few secs

:)

Pcmoney, Apr 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 update

Good evening all,

I have a Asus ultrabook and it currently has Windows 8.1 installed. When I factory reset it now, it happily resets and installs all the Asus pre-installed firmware which is necessary for the computer work. However i fear that when I upgrade to Windows 10
    it will cause the reinstalling of the firmware as explained above to fail and my computer not work in the event of a factory reset.

The firmware in question is evident in the ~uninstall a program folder~ after the factory reset in Windows 8.1, and is there before you install everything else. It's basis software which makes the computer run in other words and it's good to have.

Will all this stuff be there after I get Windows 10? And will it be there if I factory reset/refresh in Windows 10

In other words, on Windows 10 if i was to factory reset would it do so to Windows 8.1 and then I would have to upgrade to 10 again? Or would it stay at 10 and just reinstall all the firmware and everything?

In final words, will my computer be ok, regarding the above queries, when/if in was to reset my computer, either on a factory reset or refresh?

Great thanks,

all the best,

Benjamin

BenHickling, Apr 9, 2017
  3. PC Suite will only copy 2 contacts!!

viper, have you tried reset the phone to factory settings ?

Also, have you tried this:

Go to PC Sync, settings, press the button: "create new settings" and run through the PC Sync wizard again for contacts and then sync. Will that help ?
    Message Edited by manta on 10-Mar-2006

08:23 AM

Message Edited by manta on 10-Mar-2006

09:12 AM

manta---01, Apr 9, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi there and welcome.

Do you know which version was installed? In the search bar type winver and hit enter.

swarfega, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Pcmoney Win User
    It wont even completely boot up to be able to type anything just flashes misi the black then misi no destop or anything else

Pcmoney, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Pcmoney Win User
    It had windows 7 previously but because it wasnt backedup when resseting it said it would resset with windows 10....

Pcmoney, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Pcmoney Win User
    He still has w10 disc i think it was cyberbit or cyber-somthing....
    64 bit

Pcmoney, Apr 9, 2017
  8. Pcmoney Win User

Thanks for your time swafega

Pcmoney, Apr 9, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    If he still has the Windows 10 CD then he can do a clean install. Follow this guide.

A lot of people have had problems upgrading from Windows 7 to 10, Perhaps a bridge too far *Biggrin

swarfega, Apr 9, 2017
  10. Pcmoney Win User
    Funny thing is that windows 10 was working as desktop with Cortana but start menu wouldnt pull up you click it does Little loading cursor then nothing like you never tried opening it... that is why i figured resseting computer cause i had no idea what was going on so figure trying to start over..,Also no internet connection due to earlier windows 7 and 8 wifi antenna....

Pcmoney, Apr 9, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Something just doesn't sound right here.....

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. gaming computer viper 2 after windows 10 install tried factory reset - Similar Threads - gaming computer viper

2. How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?: Going to sell an older gaming PC. I would think I need to factory reset the computer. How would I do that so it cleans out everything? It’s operating Windows 10. Or what else should I do before selling the computer?...
  3. How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?: Going to sell an older gaming PC. I would think I need to factory reset the computer. How would I do that so it cleans out everything? It’s operating Windows 10. Or what else should I do before selling the computer?...
  4. How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.

Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.: Computer will not start up after factory reset. Windows installation will not complete and each attempt to hard boot to restart has failed. Windows safe mode is not populating and I'm stuck in a loop with the "Install Windows" box not clearing. What can I try now? I've read...
  6. After factory resetting windows the computer won't detect 2 monitors

After factory resetting windows the computer won't detect 2 monitors: After i factory resetted my gaming pc windows 1 doesnt know the name of the graphics card anymore and 2 Thinks that there is only one monitor connected even on device manager but shows the same the screen of both monitors...
  7. After factory resetting windows the computer won't detect 2 monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After factory resetting windows the computer won't detect 2 monitors: After i factory resetted my gaming pc windows 1 doesnt know the name of the graphics card anymore and 2 Thinks that there is only one monitor connected even on device manager but shows the same the screen of both monitors...
  8. After factory resetting windows the computer won't detect 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 after factory reset: I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell Alienware laptop when it all came out. A month ago I had an issue that the only resolution was to do a factory reinstall. It put me back to Windows 8.1. I've attempted several times to reinstall Windows 10 using the media creation...
  10. Factory Reset Windows 10 Computer after selling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Windows 10 Computer after selling.: I have sold my computer, but have forgotten to fully reset it as I was rushing. Is there any way to do this as you would a phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-windows-10-computer-after-selling/14776421-7532-4578-9bdf-bd5b01dbd486