Windows 10: Gaming FPS negatively affected after Wiin10 update KB4103727

Discus and support Gaming FPS negatively affected after Wiin10 update KB4103727 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently had my Win10 gaming PC download some updates in the background and everything was fine. Came home today and the two updates got install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J3RM, May 10, 2018.

1. J3RM Win User

Gaming FPS negatively affected after Wiin10 update KB4103727

I recently had my Win10 gaming PC download some updates in the background and everything was fine. Came home today and the two updates got install and BOOM my FPS is all over the place when in reality it should stay steady at 299max or Counter-strike Source.

I uninstalled the Adobe update, but when I try to uninstall the KB4103727 updated, it tells me to restart. When I restart it just reinstalls the update again, because it is still on my PC when I get logged on.

What can I do?!?! This PC is 2 months old. I'm so sick on Win10 doing this. A Win10 update did this to my Dell XPS 13 back in December and I got fed up and bought this PC to bypass the issue!!!!!!!

:)

2. Windows 10 update to version 10.0.14393 caused game problems

Thanks for the response.

I checked the Windows download as you suggested. It showed that I'm up to date. I then checked the Dell driver update site and after running the driver update checkup at their site, it also showed all drivers to be as current as possible. Simply put, as
    of yet I have no resolution to the problem. In response to your question as to whether this is the only soft-wear negatively affected by the update? Yes, I have not noticed another program with a problem, only the complete game package as it affects all the
    games included in it.

Dave V.

DavidVerhey, May 11, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Laptop starts to slow down until I

It's not something that MS can fix. There is nothing in Win10 that negatively affects frame rates in games.

Well, except Game Mode. Yes, the gimmick that is supposed to make games run better has had negative affects on some games.

If it is enabled, disable Game Mode. DVR and Game Bar as well (at least while troubleshooting).

- What brand and full model laptop are you using ? Which games are having the problem ?

- Were the games frame rates more stable 'quite some time' ago, or did the problem begin after doing a version update,

or after making any change to system settings ? Have you tried reinstalling your graphics drivers during this time ?

The problem could have to do with the limitations of your hardware, how you have it setup, and what software you

have installed that may be using resources in the background while your are running the games.

- Have you updated HWiINFO64 recently ?

If you are having problems setting or saving a custom fan speed profile you may do better to post on the forums

for your laptop mfg. to find out what other method they may use other than HWiINFO64.

- Do your have your Windows Power Options set to High Power when gaming ? Not trying to play on battery power ?

- Have you enabled V-sync in the games settings ? Doing so can help steady frame rates, but if the average fps is below,

say 35 fps V-sync can make the frame rate worse. Depending on the game.

- Some games may seem to run well for brief periods if you use too high settings, but the load can catch up with the

system and cause fpg drops and lag. Not having adequate VRAM is one cause, particularly in games that have both

walking and driving parts. You may get smooth fps walking but the extra processing and VRAM required for high speed

causes a bottleneck. Games with sudden changes in the number of characters or amount of action on screen, and on line

gaming are also subject to fps mood swings if the system does not have some processing headroom.

- What is the maximum temp of the cpu/gpu under full load ?

The temps drop very fast when you take the load off the cpu/gpu, and it only takes a few minutes to bring them back to 'playable',

which can give the illusion that changing a setting has fixed the issue.

Your gpu/cpu speeds may be getting throttled after a certain temp to protect the system. Or your machine is switching from dedicated graphics processor to the Integrated graphics processor, if it has both, to take some load/heat off the system, or save
    battery power.

If the max temp when running a high spec game is not within safe limits, the cooling fins may be clogged with dust,

or cooling is just inadequate for the load the game is putting on the system.

BossDweeb, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Gaming FPS negatively affected after Wiin10 update KB4103727

1. Gaming FPS negatively affected after Wiin10 update KB4103727 - Similar Threads - Gaming FPS negatively

2. How to fix controller affecting fps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix controller affecting fps.: Ive connected my xbox controller to my pc. After playing games with it for a while starts to effect my fps to the point of it being unplayable. In order to stop this i have to turn off and back on my controller and it works like new. Please how do i fix this....
  3. How to fix controller affecting fps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix controller affecting fps.: Ive connected my xbox controller to my pc. After playing games with it for a while starts to effect my fps to the point of it being unplayable. In order to stop this i have to turn off and back on my controller and it works like new. Please how do i fix this....
  4. FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update: Hi there,I installed Windows 11 2 weeks ago and since then have had this problem. Before Windows 10 my fps would be uncapped in all games and it would work fine, but since installing it my games cap at 75 FPS and have a noticably lower performance. I've searched the internet...
  5. FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS of games are capped after Windows 11 update: Hi there,I installed Windows 11 2 weeks ago and since then have had this problem. Before Windows 10 my fps would be uncapped in all games and it would work fine, but since installing it my games cap at 75 FPS and have a noticably lower performance. I've searched the internet...
  6. How does ram affect fps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How does ram affect fps?: Hi my laptop has a intel celeron 1017u. I self upgraded my laptops ram and internal hdd to ssd. The ram used to be 4gb1x 4gb stick, ddr3 and it is now 12gb1x 8gb ram, 1x4gb ram i already know that using these two sticks will not have any issues, as they have the same specs,...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update negatively affected my BIOS on Lenovo desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update negatively affected my BIOS on Lenovo desktop: Windows automatically installed updates yesterday on my Lenovo M93p desktop. After the forced restart, I no longer have access to my BIOS or my boot options menu. Windows does not recognize my Dell monitor and resolution is fixed at 640x480. I can't boot from my USB DVD...
  8. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE: I JUST UPDATED MY LAPTOP HAVING WINDOWS 10 ON 24/7/18. AFTER THE UPDATE MY LAPTOP HAS BECOME SLOW AND ALL MY GAMES WHCIH WERE RUNNING SMOOTHLY ARE NOW RUNNING ON 10 FPS OR 15.......PLZ HELP...
  9. Cumulative Update KB4103727 - error detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Update KB4103727 - error detected: Windows 10 Home Automatic updates 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based systems(KB4103727) Constantly getting " Status: Awaiting restart" Same message after restarting multiple times! Trouble shooter result: "Potential Windows Update...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4103727 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.431 - May 8

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4103727 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.431 - May 8: May 8, 2018 - KB4103727 (OS Build 16299.431) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709 Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include: Addresses an issue in Internet...
Tags: