Windows 10: Gaming labtop lagging without monitor connected to it

Discus and support Gaming labtop lagging without monitor connected to it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My labtop used to run fine and play some games and get over 70 FPS now when I unconnect it from my monitor it lags I’ve been searching for a fix but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TRFlareio, Apr 3, 2018.

1. TRFlareio Win User

Gaming labtop lagging without monitor connected to it

My labtop used to run fine and play some games and get over 70 FPS now when I unconnect it from my monitor it lags I’ve been searching for a fix but can’t find one I guess n one has the same proble.

:)

TRFlareio, Apr 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 lags unless a monitor is hooked up HDMI

I have a Gigabyte P37 with windows 10, I7, 1070GPU, 4k Screen, and 2 SSD. Windows is laggy and windows explorer can lag 2 seconds while navigating files. However; If I hook up a TV to the HDMI port everything works like all my other PCs no lag and runs
    way faster than the other 2.

This also manifests while opening games Doom without monitor 2 min before the game launches; Doom with monitor loads almost instantly.

Could this be some sort of HDCP issue?

RacerXTHX1138, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Problem with Microsoft Jigsaw

The lag problem is not with the game, and I can see exactly when the lag will occur. Certain animated ads lag. Why you at Microsoft are not monitoring the ad content to see if problems like this occur astonishes me. Or course, you will be happy to take
    my money so I won't have to deal with these ads. I almost sense an air of collusion between Microsoft and ads that lag.

DanielKalendek, Apr 3, 2018
  4. Faith Win User

Let me get this right: You want to disconnect a secondary monitor from your laptop and want to use the laptop screen instead, but when you do games starts to lag? What laptop is this?

Faith, Apr 3, 2018
  5. TRFlareio Win User
    MSi gt60 dominator 2pc

TRFlareio, Apr 3, 2018
  6. Faith Win User
    Do you use a power cord at all times, or the battery? Power-saving modes will be turned on if you use it as an actual laptop, so make sure it's plugged while playing. Open the Nvidia controlpanel (right click on desktop) and under Manage 3D setting will be a drop-down menu for your graphics processor. Choose Nvidia if it's on auto.

Faith, Apr 3, 2018
  7. TRFlareio Win User
    Power cord, already did that and I set it to high performance

TRFlareio, Apr 3, 2018
  8. Faith Win User

And no dice? *Think Is the screen resolution the same on both monitors? I mean is it possible that the monitor you used had a lower resolution and made games run better, while your laptop makes it a bit harder for them because it runs in higher quality? What games do you have this issue with anyway?

Faith, Apr 3, 2018
  9. Faith Win User
    Have you tried to update the graphics and system drivers from MSI?

Faith, Apr 3, 2018
  10. TRFlareio Win User
    No not realy I don’t know how

TRFlareio, Apr 3, 2018
  11. Faith Win User
    Try the same mode just per application instead and see if it helps.

1. Open Nvidia controlpanel (right click on desktop).
    2. Click Manage 3D Settings.
    3. Click the Program Settings tab.
    4. Choose Rust or PUBG from the list. If they're not in the list, uncheck the box "Show only programs found on this computer".
    5. Choose Nvidia processor from the dropdown menu and select High-performance NVIDIA processor from the list.
    6. Click Apply.

Faith, Apr 3, 2018
  12. Faith Win User
    And is the Nvidia processor being used while playing? Download MSI Afterburner and check the performance graph during gameplay, you can post some results here if you want. I don't understand why disconnecting a secondary monitor would give you performance issues when it's most common the other way around. *Think If you can actively connect/disconnect the monitor and immediately see performance gains/loss then either the Nvidia processors is not being used correctly or there's some kind of power-saving feature enabled somewhere. Or maybe the refresh rate is running lower than usual? I honestly don't know unfortunately *Sad Maybe someone else here knows what's up, because I'm stumped.

Faith, Apr 3, 2018
  13. TRFlareio Win User

14% cpu
    54%gpu
    39% memory
    1-10% disk

TRFlareio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Gaming labtop lagging without monitor connected to it - Similar Threads - Gaming labtop lagging

2. Lagging in games without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  3. Lagging in games without reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  4. Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.: So recently I bought a new monitor, the ASUS Predator XB273 and since I don't have a PC yet, I connected my laptop, Asus Vivobook E406 and ever since I played a game with it, my FPS dropped down to 20, but when I disconnected the HDMI from my laptop I ran the game again and...
  5. Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.: So recently I bought a new monitor, the ASUS Predator XB273 and since I don't have a PC yet, I connected my laptop, Asus Vivobook E406 and ever since I played a game with it, my FPS dropped down to 20, but when I disconnected the HDMI from my laptop I ran the game again and...
  6. Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Browser game without lag on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser game without lag on Windows 10?: How can I play a browsergame without lag Thanks in advance Browsergame ohne lag auf Windows 10?
  8. Dual External Monitors using a labtop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual External Monitors using a labtop: Using a laptop, I want to use Display Duplicate and Display Extended at the same time. I only have one HDMI port. If I get a USB video adapter can I do this?...
  9. [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging: Good Morning Everyone; I've recently run into an issue after this past Tuesday's Win10 update (Running Win10 build 1903 as of October-2019). I've got two monitors, both NEC AccuSync LCD93VX (one runs direct VGA to vid-card, the other runs a DVI-bypass through a StarTech...
  10. connection lag of milliseconds in games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    connection lag of milliseconds in games: Hi, I upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 so I have the latest version. Then I have been having problems since I installed it and the most repetitive is the connection lag for a half of a second. The game is Minecraft and it happens to me every time to have to be looking for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop games lagging unless plugged into monitor