Windows 10: Gaming PC upgrade - Windows key question

Discus and support Gaming PC upgrade - Windows key question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have an assembled PC. I am looking to buy a new graphics card (GTX 1080 Ti), processor (Intel i7), motherboard (Z370) and PSU (750W).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Владислав Козуб, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Gaming PC upgrade - Windows key question

I currently have an assembled PC. I am looking to buy a new graphics card (GTX 1080 Ti), processor (Intel i7), motherboard (Z370) and PSU (750W).

Taking into account I have never changed anything from the original build, will I need a new Windows key once all of the above are replaced?

I tried to contact Microsoft support but the website is absolutely unintuitive and it is hardly possible to find their contact details (email/phone/chat).

Hope someone could advise. Thanks.

:)

Владислав Козуб, Aug 5, 2018
  2. AddRAM Win User

win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Arrow Keys and Spacebar Not Working in Games

Hello,

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Are the arrow keys and spacebar key working fine other than online and steam games?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you face this issue in all online games and steam games?
    • Have you checked if there are settings to change the controls in the game?

You may try the hardware troubleshooter and check if this helps.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 5, 2018
  4. Gaming PC upgrade - Windows key question

pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Gaming PC upgrade - Windows key question

1. Gaming PC upgrade - Windows key question - Similar Threads - Gaming upgrade key

2. Upgrading a PC and Retail Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading a PC and Retail Keys: My current desktop PC started life with a Windows 8 Pro retail key and now has the latest version of Windows 10 activated by a digital key linked to my MS account. I want to change the motherboard, CPU, memory & system drive with a clean install so I guess Windows 10 will...
  3. Questions with Windows keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions with Windows keys: I've got a question about how using activation key work, I'm getting a computer built soon and my dad has a key for windows 10 home which he already has on his laptop, he says that he has a license to which he can use it multiple times. Although my concern is that there...
  4. windows key question

windows key question: I'm upgrading my computer but keeping the hard drive will I need a new windows code? I have my current code written down} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-question/dc82e580-dfb0-4ca6-be58-bf0af8734012
  5. Resetting PC question for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting PC question for gaming: Hi, I have Minecraft for Windows 10. I have NO space on my computer. I'm considering resetting my entire PC for more storage. But my real question is, since I payed $30 for Minecraft, will I be able to get it back for free through the account I bought it with? I feel like I...
  6. Upgrade question

Upgrade question: I have windows 10 version 1903. can I do an upgrade 9252 or would it be better to try and fix the update problem I am having. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-question/1d93fd58-f35f-49ff-8b20-102891fa1201
  7. Windows key question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows key question: I was using show key + and found 3 of my computers (win 10 pro) were showing the same key. Thinking that they were showing that because they were link to my microsoft account I check one of my windows home computers but that gave me a different key. So now I'm confused...
  8. Using Upgraded Windows Key With Another PC

Using Upgraded Windows Key With Another PC: My pc came with a Windows 8.1 disk and later I upgraded it to Windows 10. If I remove windows installation from my current pc can I use same key for activating Windows 10 on a new computer?...
  9. upgrade questions

upgrade questions: 1) If I put Win 10 on a full partition or as a dual boot can I go back at anytime [single Win7 partition]? 2) I'm planning to create Win 7, Win 10 dual boot on this laptop.Currently, Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, on a Del Precision M6300; disk 700GB with 121GB filled. Have Win 10...
  10. Upgrade Question

Upgrade Question: I have two identical HP Elite desktop 800 PC's one has Windows 10 installed. I also have a recovery drive canI use that recovery drive to install Windows 10 on the other PC? 31052